follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 05-08-2013, 10:49 AM   #1639
ft_sjo
Banned

Drives: GT86
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xjohnx View Post
How many headers for the BRZ do you know of that have been tuned on an engine dyno?
Probably just the OE one!
ft_sjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 10:52 AM   #1640
StormTrooper

Drives: Pavement MT GR86
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
^^^^ True, people like updates though lol even when it's not an update.

They did mention something about moving and or expanding so I'm guessing that took priority. I can't bitch too much since I don't have 2k in car part money laying around right now.
civicdrivr (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 11:15 AM   #1641
industrial
Add lightness!

Drives: 17' WRX
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
Right... because the only thing they have products for is the 86 platform...
Please point me at something they sell that's groundbreaking. They have lots of cool one offs and things in development. Not saying they aren't a great shop but the fanboyism here is ridiculous. Do they at least make a turbo kit? I honestly don't know. I just hear about their exhausts which literally isn't rocket science.

Amazing shops in my mind would be more along the lines of TRP, AMS, Crawford, Vermont Sportcar,...something along those lines. There are lots of accomplished shops. Nameless makes nice stuff but they haven't produced anything that really sticks out yet. Maybe this header will be the thing?
industrial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:22 AM   #1642
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by industrial View Post
Please point me at something they sell that's groundbreaking. They have lots of cool one offs and things in development. Not saying they aren't a great shop but the fanboyism here is ridiculous. Do they at least make a turbo kit? I honestly don't know. I just hear about their exhausts which literally isn't rocket science.

Amazing shops in my mind would be more along the lines of TRP, AMS, Crawford, Vermont Sportcar,...something along those lines. There are lots of accomplished shops. Nameless makes nice stuff but they haven't produced anything that really sticks out yet. Maybe this header will be the thing?
They make turbo kits. They are developing AOS's, they have built engines, etc....

Just because its not on the page doesn't mean they only sell exhaust parts. I agree they are nothing out of this world, but Quality and engineering development is right there on the top of the list.
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 11:33 AM   #1643
industrial
Add lightness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
They make turbo kits. They are developing AOS's, they have built engines, etc....

Just because its not on the page doesn't mean they only sell exhaust parts. I agree they are nothing out of this world, but Quality and engineering development is right there on the top of the list.
Oh yeah? Why aren't you running one of their turbo kits? The monroe muffler down the street from me has built engines. There are a handful of AOS's out there already. Is their AOS going to be MAGICAL? It's like talking to mac people in here.
Old 05-08-2013, 11:58 AM   #1644
mottor

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Oh yeah? Why aren't you running one of their turbo kits? The monroe muffler down the street from me has built engines. There are a handful of AOS's out there already. Is their AOS going to be MAGICAL? It's like talking to mac people in here.

Dude.. Calm down. I don't think anyone here is being a total fanboy for Nameless or anything. They're just stating that they make quality parts that are worth considering if you're in the market for something they make.

Just because a company makes a turbo kit and you like that kit or company doesn't mean you're automatically going to buy it. I like the Vortech SC for my own reasons, but I won't buy it right now because it's further down the road in my plans. As far as the AOS, it may not be MAGICAL, but it may be a good option and they may make it at a competitive price point.

In regards to this thread getting overhyped or whatever, I imagine it's because their original dynos have put up some impressive numbers. I subscribed for that reason. I'm not considering this my only option, but it is an option. If you're this worked up over people in this thread, why not go browse other threads or something?
Old 05-08-2013, 12:04 PM   #1645
industrial
Add lightness!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mottor View Post
Dude.. Calm down. I don't think anyone here is being a total fanboy for Nameless or anything. They're just stating that they make quality parts that are worth considering if you're in the market for something they make.

Just because a company makes a turbo kit and you like that kit or company doesn't mean you're automatically going to buy it. I like the Vortech SC for my own reasons, but I won't buy it right now because it's further down the road in my plans. As far as the AOS, it may not be MAGICAL, but it may be a good option and they may make it at a competitive price point.

In regards to this thread getting overhyped or whatever, I imagine it's because their original dynos have put up some impressive numbers. I subscribed for that reason. I'm not considering this my only option, but it is an option. If you're this worked up over people in this thread, why not go browse other threads or something?
Yeah I'm just going to point at the quadruple face palm pic. I'm allowed to express myself after that. Maybe not since this is nameless, a paying vendor with dookie that twinkles apparently and a mod that's mildly insulting me. Don't want to end up like Gem. I just got tired of waiting for the header man and the fanboyism here IS getting thick. I'll stay outta here.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:07 PM   #1646
StormTrooper

Garage
Sometimes it doesn't have to be the absolute best thing out there, not everyone is willing to pay $1200-1800 for just an axle back and so on.

They make good stuff from what I've seen, they were at BNW last year and I saw some of their work.
Headers seem to make great power on pump gas which is why I'm following it.

I am impatient but hey I have another 6-12 months before I can buy anything more kids n dogs and fences etc.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:10 PM   #1647
StormTrooper

Garage
Quote:
Yeah I'm just going to point at the quadruple face palm pic. I'm allowed to express myself after that. Maybe not since this is nameless, a paying vendor with dookie that twinkles apparently and a mod that's mildly insulting me. Don't want to end up like Gem. I just got tired of waiting for the header man and the fanboyism here IS getting thick. I'll stay outta here.
I haven't seen another header in development or on sale with a direct stock car vs full exhaust with their header and a tune ( on pump gas) I don't care about e-85 since it makes 15hp alone and I can't get it anyway.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #1648
Hawaiian
That guy

Drives: Ultramarine mt FR-S
Thanked 1,389 Times in 730 Posts
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormTrooper View Post
I haven't seen another header in development or on sale with a direct stock car vs full exhaust with their header and a tune ( on pump gas) I don't care about e-85 since it makes 15hp alone and I can't get it anyway.
I try to stay out of other vendor threads, but all you have to do is ask. I have every dyno I've ever done of my car, and I can overlay it however you would like. Check my thread and I'll have my stock baseline vs full exhaust and 93 tune in a bit.
Jr Tuned 506whp @17psi (e73)
Hawaiian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:23 PM   #1649
StormTrooper

Garage
I haven't bought anything so I'm following 3 or 4 of these to check gains quality and price.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #1650
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
First of all, who said I need to run all of their parts? What do you know if I bought parts temporarily until they are done with their parts? Lots of assumptions being made. Second, who said their turbo kit is for the 86 platform? Who are you to say they don't plan on developing a turbo kit for our cars? Third of all, I mentioned examples, that does not mean it's all they make. They have more stuff in development for our platform. Again, you not knowing does not mean it doesn't exists. I still don't get the fanboyism comment. Like I said, they are nothing out of this world, but every single part they make is awesome quality and engineering, that's it.

Oh and their AOS is not going to be magical but just like everyone of their parts, it will be quality parts and engineering. Not just a tank thrown out there to make money.

Quote:
Wow, if you feel insulted by a funny meme pic, I don't know what to tell you. This isn't he Internet and nothing is personal at all. I would have laughed if someone pointed that meme at me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #1651
Carlitoz3

Drives: 2013 MT Asphalt FRS
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Can't we all just get along?
Carlitoz3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Carlitoz3 For This Useful Post:
Sonolin (05-08-2013)
Old 05-08-2013, 01:44 PM   #1652
Sonolin
Banned

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlitoz3 View Post
Can't we all just get along?
Seriously... I haven't seen one vendor thread that hasn't turned into bickering.

@industrial cool it I'm sure they are busy. Nameless is a small shop, and I doubt they have the resources to manage this forum. If your basing your decisions on who's going to handhold you through the process, go buy somebody else. The rest of us are waiting patiently for more information.

Just look at the Borla headers and how much trouble those have been costing customers. I'm happy to wait a little longer for a more thought out & quality controlled product.

Not to mention, many others have said if you give them a call over the phone the support reps are usually very friendly and can give some more information on these kits. If you care enough why not try that?
Sonolin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sonolin For This Useful Post:
Sportsguy83 (05-08-2013)

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag