follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Old 07-08-2013, 10:39 PM   #1037
Slartibartfast
Klaatu barada nikto

Drives: Raven FR-S MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamies31 View Post
we are going to be at a&w on woodlawn tomorrow for open cruise night, would love to see any of yo that can make it, will be a couple show cars from scion canada at the event and would love to fill the lot with scions! event should be from 6-9

Party at "the Dub"!

Who's comin'?

Burgers are on me... Oh... wait... I have no money. Cancel that.

Well... everybody should come anyway! There's often some nice stuff.

I vow to do no harm.
2013 Raven FR-S Manual "Lenore"
1985 Silver RX-7 GSL-SE (Gone and missed)
Slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:58 PM   #1038
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Drives: '91 MR2 Gen3 3SGTE, '13 FRS
Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by djdnz View Post
It's a Subaru though...
It's actually neither. It's really a Toyobaru!

Toyota is a mastermind in business planning when looking at their track record. I'm sure they wouldn't release garbage with their name on it.

I never really liked Subaru if at all. I'm confident Toyota made the right moves with Subaru in developing this car.
Old 07-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #1039
hmong337
Emperor JDM

I'm down to meet fellow owners as well. I'm free on Wednesdays and Saturdays. But I'm usually booked up for Saturday doing something so Wednesdays would be best for me.

I'll likely come out with my MR2 to mix things up. Just something different to look at rather than the same ol' FRS/BRZ that 10 others are showing up with haha.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #1040
dpottruff

Drives: 2013 Scion FRS (Red)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmong337 View Post
Kitchener here. I got a question for you guys... where are you guys pumping gas? What gas outlets are ethanol free? Anybody got chirping issues?

I just picked up my Ultramarine this past Saturday and am loving it! I'm still on the dealership gas as I only a bit over 200kms and am still breaking in the car. I would love know that stations to pump at and which ones to avoid.

My MR2 only uses ultra 94 from Petro Canada. I think it contains up to 10% ethanol though. But the car seems to love it. But in actuality, there's no else I know of that sells anything higher than 91; and my gen3 3sgte was slated from the factory to use only 93-94.

Ultra 94 is bad for our cars, yes? The owners manual for the frs did state to stay away from ethanol. So I want to keep with that theme.

Help?
I have used ultra 94 from day 1, its runs beautiful. I had the "cricket noise" because of the ethanol in it, but i got my fuel pump replaced and it hasn't made a noise since then. Ethanol gas wont hurt your engine, just gas without sufficient octane rating. The stoichiometric ratio of ethanol is 9:1 compared to gasoline which is 14.7:1, but because ethanol only makes up 10% of the gas blend your ECU will adjust for the difference.
dpottruff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:07 PM   #1041
mountainside
// how hard can it be?

Drives: 10 series frs : 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Just spotted an Ultramarine FRS outside my work (Bruce/Frederick) - that is such a great colour. Hopefully will see out at a meet soon!
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #1042
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpottruff View Post
I have used ultra 94 from day 1, its runs beautiful. I had the "cricket noise" because of the ethanol in it, but i got my fuel pump replaced and it hasn't made a noise since then. Ethanol gas wont hurt your engine, just gas without sufficient octane rating. The stoichiometric ratio of ethanol is 9:1 compared to gasoline which is 14.7:1, but because ethanol only makes up 10% of the gas blend your ECU will adjust for the difference.
Yea, I filled up on Shell 91 V-power yesterday only for it does not have any ethanol. The Petro Canada is closer but I didn't want to take any chances on my first fuel up. Maybe on my next tank, I will go with the Ultra 94 and see what happens.

The problem from what I've been reading seems to be fuel pump internal materials causing the chirping. So since I have a build date of May 2013, hopefully all the minor issues from last year have been addressed.

So far, I've got around 530kms on the car and it's running smoother than ever!

Do you guys get a weird noise when doing 1st gear take offs? A chatty type of clutch sound? I'm sure it's normal and is probably related to the D4-S injection system doing its thing. I also get it when I lugging off in low rpm 3rd gear (like having to slow down for those pesky speed pumps, then speeding back up all while in 3rd gear).

I haven't see any another FRS/BRZ other than mine so I have nothing to compare to.

I would love to meet up with other owners. Saw a SICK black FRS lowered on some 18" mesh type wheels today at the back of the Wal-Mart parking lot at Fairview Mall. I did a circle around it in my FRS to check it out then took off. Whoever owns that car... NICE CAR!
Old 07-10-2013, 08:04 PM   #1043
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainside View Post
Just spotted an Ultramarine FRS outside my work (Bruce/Frederick) - that is such a great colour. Hopefully will see out at a meet soon!
Probably me. Went downtown to get a haircut today haha.
Old 07-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1044
djdnz

Drives: 2013 BRZ WRB S/C
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hmong337 View Post
Yea, I filled up on Shell 91 V-power yesterday only for it does not have any ethanol. The Petro Canada is closer but I didn't want to take any chances on my first fuel up. Maybe on my next tank, I will go with the Ultra 94 and see what happens.

The problem from what I've been reading seems to be fuel pump internal materials causing the chirping. So since I have a build date of May 2013, hopefully all the minor issues from last year have been addressed.

So far, I've got around 530kms on the car and it's running smoother than ever!

Do you guys get a weird noise when doing 1st gear take offs? A chatty type of clutch sound? I'm sure it's normal and is probably related to the D4-S injection system doing its thing. I also get it when I lugging off in low rpm 3rd gear (like having to slow down for those pesky speed pumps, then speeding back up all while in 3rd gear).

I haven't see any another FRS/BRZ other than mine so I have nothing to compare to.

I would love to meet up with other owners. Saw a SICK black FRS lowered on some 18" mesh type wheels today at the back of the Wal-Mart parking lot at Fairview Mall. I did a circle around it in my FRS to check it out then took off. Whoever owns that car... NICE CAR!

That's @sal you saw at Fairview. My car sounds like a tractor when you give it some gas at low RPMs, so I think that's probably what you're describing. I also have a chatty first gear, I like it, kinda sounds like a race car...
djdnz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 10:55 PM   #1045
ScottishJedi

Drives: Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
First off greetings and welcome to the new guys!
Second on the topic of a meet weekends would be better for me. Thinking about hitting the Pergola AVX theatre for Pacific Rim on Sat anyone interested in taking over the parking lot and cinema?
ScottishJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #1046
hmong337
Emperor JDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djdnz View Post
That's @sal you saw at Fairview. My car sounds like a tractor when you give it some gas at low RPMs, so I think that's probably what you're describing. I also have a chatty first gear, I like it, kinda sounds like a race car...
Just searched some more and found that the low rpm rattle is normal with all the cars. Glad to know that it ain't just mine. Other than that, so far so good. I've been following break-in as outlined in the manual pretty good. Took it to redline twice and then a few times into the upper rpms. Just another 1000kms or so more and it should be very well broken in. I got the shift light to come on at 4000rpm (so cool that this car comes stock with a shift light!).

I gotta find the time to adjust the clutch though. They set it just a bit too high from the factory.

I won't be around for the next month or so to meet up. With my wedding coming up and all the planning behind that, I literally have no time for anything. I can't wait till it's over so I can get back to a normal life LOL.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:15 AM   #1047
RedFR-s
Builder/Driver/Enthusiast

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Turbo Firestorm
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishJedi View Post
Second on the topic of a meet weekends would be better for me. Thinking about hitting the Pergola AVX theatre for Pacific Rim on Sat anyone interested in taking over the parking lot and cinema?
This sounds intriguing especially as it is around the corner from my house and it's Transfarmers vs Godzilla (roughly) as a movie. More details and I may go.
There is also Shoeless Joe's kinda across the street for beers and food if anyone wants to go that route.
2013 Honda CBR 250 Repsol- Toy
2017 Toyota Tacoma - The Rig
RedFR-s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:02 PM   #1048
Demandred7

Drives: 2018 Camry XSE V6
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottishJedi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFR-s View Post
This sounds intriguing especially as it is around the corner from my house and it's Transfarmers vs Godzilla (roughly) as a movie. More details and I may go.
There is also Shoeless Joe's kinda across the street for beers and food if anyone wants to go that route.
I'll talk with my wife to see if there are any conflicting plans, what time were you thinking about?
Demandred7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #1049
mountainside
// how hard can it be?

Drives: 10 series frs : 6MT
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demandred7 View Post
I'll talk with my wife to see if there are any conflicting plans, what time were you thinking about?
We're seeing Pacific Rim tomorrow (tickets already bought) but depending on time, we'd be down for pints at Shoeless Joe's.
mountainside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 08:15 PM   #1050
Rutter

Drives: 13 Hot Lava FR-S AT
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedFR-s View Post
Pints and a movie that is supposed to be amazing, count me in! What time abouts?
Rutter is offline   Reply With Quote