follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List
Sam Strano

Old 12-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #407
Kido1986
Dodging cones

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited, 93 Z28
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRev View Post
I also have a set of Koni 2-ways for sale including the donor converted front struts. Fronts are new (replaced by Koni), rears have a few months on them. Selling because I switched to MCS. PM me if interested.
Koni 2 ways? Is that a typo or did you have yours converted during the replacement process?
Originally Posted by mrbillclintong View Post
If you guys spot any riced frs/brz post them here just for laughs no hating please.
Isn't there already a thread like this? It's called aggressive wheels or summat...
C Street Build/Progress Questions about C Street Autocrossing?
Kido1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:23 PM   #408
TRev

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kido1986 View Post
Koni 2 ways? Is that a typo or did you have yours converted during the replacement process?
Sorry typo...haha...Koni adjustables.
TRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:44 PM   #409
Kido1986
Dodging cones

I talked to Lee from Koni for a while during Nats and they told me December before 2 way adjustable fronts (full front shocks with a conversion to dual) would possibly be available so I was really confused hahah
If you guys spot any riced frs/brz post them here just for laughs no hating please.
Isn't there already a thread like this? It's called aggressive wheels or summat...
Old 12-10-2013, 12:38 PM   #410
NYC BRZ
AutoX Addict

Drives: 08 Pontiac G8 GT,13 GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
In 2012 I ran RTR and in 2013 RTR (national) and CS (regional) with Z1 (2012) and Z2 (2013). I decided to finally take CS seriously and run slicks for 2014. I picked up a set of V710 to run next year before the 2015 changes. I run the Strano front bar, Whiteline front links, Porterfield R4S front pads (stock rear), and Koni adjustables. Diff/Tranny fluid has been changed to Motul Gear 300 and the brake fluid is ATE Super Blue. The car is the perfect inexpensive setup daily/autox car. It feels fantastic.
2013 BRZ Limited- GBS - 6MT -VIN #0937
~~NYR SCCA # 18 C Street R (CSR)~~
"But there’s no mistaking the noise. This car is loud, and not in a particularly nice way. There’s no crisp exhaust note, no induction wheezing. It’s just the sound of petrol exploding in a metal box." - Jeremy Clarkson
NYC BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:11 PM   #411
Kido1986
Dodging cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC BRZ View Post
Diff/Tranny fluid has been changed to Motul Gear 300
This is my next thing to do. You liking the Motul so far? I'm unsure of what brand to go with.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #412
piknockout

Drives: 2014 BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
So that whole C Street idea lasted for all of one week...and then I came to my senses. :p

piknockout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to piknockout For This Useful Post:
stock (12-31-2013)
Old 12-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #413
jprice130
AutoX Nut

Drives: 2022 BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by piknockout View Post
So that whole C Street idea lasted for all of one week...and then I came to my senses. :p

Oh man, so jealous. I'm been trying to peice together STX funds and have been scouring the internet for deals on STX goodies. Can't wait to see how you do. I followed your progress in STU on NASIOC, so it's cool to see you over here too.
jprice130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #414
G_Ride

Drives: Some kind of Subaru
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
@piknockout, the Whiteline box is the Com C right? Are you going to do anything for rear camber adjustment?
G_Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 02:55 PM   #415
piknockout

I'm planning on doing the SPC camber arms. I bought these now because Sam had a deal on KW's, I'll buy the rest of the parts in the spring. Going to focus on suspension for now and stay away from the noise making power mods until perhaps 2015. My plan is still to find a co-drive in STX/STR/SSR next year and drive this for RWD practice in the mean time.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:48 PM   #416
quiet-k

Drives: 2014 Hot Lava FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by piknockout View Post

Once the mod bug bites, it's hard to stay stock...

That looks mighty familiar - save for the whiteline tops. Why them instead of cber plates? Gonna 255 or 245?
quiet-k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:41 AM   #417
piknockout

From my conversations with Sam, these have the built in camber/caster adjustment, then just fine tune with the slotted KW strut. Same thing I do with the STi, even though I have the adjustable camber plate, I only adjust from the bottom. Plus with the hard rubber they should in theory be a little better for comfort/NVH. And just look at Andrew, it's not like the setup is slow. Besides, it's easy enough to change them out later if I want to when I start getting more serious with it.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:05 PM   #418
MTCRX

Drives: Whiteout FRS- autocross ready
Nice, I am heading down that same road myself. Stay stock/street or move to STX $$$. I have done mod upgrades before to other classes and I will probably do it again. I really like the idea of the ECU mod for one thing.
MTCRX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #419
TRev

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I expressed my concerns about there being a larger difference than .45 seconds between a C Street Twin and an STX Twin on a 60 second course. Rick PM'd me "You do know that the BRZ is not the fast car for C Street, right? However, it might be competitive in STX.". I replied asking him what the fast car is for C Street since the MSR and Solstice were moved since all the results I saw showed the Twins, 370z and RX8 pretty close to each other. I never received a reply. The only thing that I can think of is that he thinks the 370z will be that much faster or maybe the non-MSR MX5?

I know he needed to air on the conservative side for the Street classes but I really don't understand his numbers. Maybe he is using the data from last year which includes the MS-R and Solstice? Either way, I either won't be doing any Match Tours next year or I will be switching to STX. I also planned to run the Pro class regionally which is PAX based...screws that idea too.
TRev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #420
Kido1986
Dodging cones

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRev View Post
I expressed my concerns about there being a larger difference than .45 seconds between a C Street Twin and an STX Twin on a 60 second course. Rick PM'd me "You do know that the BRZ is not the fast car for C Street, right? However, it might be competitive in STX.". I replied asking him what the fast car is for C Street since the MSR and Solstice were moved since all the results I saw showed the Twins, 370z and RX8 pretty close to each other. I never received a reply. The only thing that I can think of is that he thinks the 370z will be that much faster or maybe the non-MSR MX5?

I know he needed to air on the conservative side for the Street classes but I really don't understand his numbers. Maybe he is using the data from last year which includes the MS-R and Solstice? Either way, I either won't be doing any Match Tours next year or I will be switching to STX. I also planned to run the Pro class regionally which is PAX based...screws that idea too.
Rick knows, and even admitted (in a way) in a post on SCCA Forums, that he artificially kneecapped Street. I will still be doing one match tour because we only get two events within ~8 hour drive being in Florida, and one is a match. I just will put no stock or care in Sunday, will only be there for the Saturday event.

As for fast car, I slightly agree. 370z will be the quick car on national courses, I feel. The #6 RTR car was a Z that was quickly thrown together last minute, just Konis and FSB, no exhaust or much time spent working on alignment or settings, by a driver who didn't have it long (Brian). I think anyone who puts the time we put into our BRZs into a Z will be more capable on a track needing power and gearing.

Plus they will be on 18s to help their slightly tall gearing, versus the HEAVY 19s, for next year