follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 07-03-2015, 11:24 AM   #85
kludger

Drives: '13 Boxter S, '13 BRZ(gone)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brz_enthusiast View Post
Pictures on the original post seem to have disappeared.
I had made a backup of this great DIY in case I lost track of it, and had uploaded the PDF of it to my Dropbox acct when someone asked earlier in the thread, you should still be able to download it here:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...0by%20Step.zip
kludger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kludger For This Useful Post:
brz_enthusiast (10-28-2019), tracerit (10-15-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 11:03 PM   #86
2k15BRZ

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited;
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I was able to complete my install of the rear view camera I bought from emeraldintegrations.com. Supposedly was made for OEM Subaru nav headunits but somehow I've ended up with double parking lines. This is presumably from both the camera and the headunits itself. I have been able to access the service menu in the OEM Subaru nav but that only controls one set of lines and there's no option to turn them off.
2k15BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 11:55 PM   #87
notout86

Drives: GTS 86 auto
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by a_dee View Post
Got any step by step instructions on how to run the wires from the trunk via the rear seats and through the centre console?
From memory I think I removed a back seat (one bolt then press down hard on the rear of the bit you sit on to release a hook that goes into a metal loop, and at the same time lift the front). You can then see a path into the trunk/boot. Lift the floor lining in the boot/trunk. Run wires around the edge and over to the path and poke through the path. I secured to the metal with BluTac in a few places.
Before pulling out a seat, try folding the backrest forward and see if there is a path to feed wires.
The wires then simply tuck up under the sharp plastic edge of the console along to the front. They stay up there just fine.
If you are female, try not to break a nail.
a_dee (07-05-2015)
Old 07-05-2015, 11:57 PM   #88
a_dee

Drives: '14 BRZ CBS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2k15BRZ View Post
I was able to complete my install of the rear view camera I bought from emeraldintegrations.com. Supposedly was made for OEM Subaru nav headunits but somehow I've ended up with double parking lines. This is presumably from both the camera and the headunits itself. I have been able to access the service menu in the OEM Subaru nav but that only controls one set of lines and there's no option to turn them off.
There's no way to turn off the grid lines in the head unit. Are there any sites to snip on the camera to turn off the lines there?
Old 07-06-2015, 12:19 AM   #89
notout86

Drives: GTS 86 auto
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Some cameras themselves have a wire you can cut or disconnect to get rid of the parking lines. Rarely it might be necessary to get inside the camera. Maybe a wire at the the harness. Check with supplier.
The emerald... site states the lines can be turned on/off. Do not put correction fluid on your screen.

You paid a lot. If you send it back there are heaps from China for around $60 with the parking-line wire, and there's an helpful expert (called svxd?) on the forum with harnesses.
Old 07-12-2015, 12:59 AM   #90
2k15BRZ

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited;
Quote:
Originally Posted by notout86 View Post

Some cameras themselves have a wire you can cut or disconnect to get rid of the parking lines. Rarely it might be necessary to get inside the camera. Maybe a wire at the the harness. Check with supplier.
The emerald... site states the lines can be turned on/off. Do not put correction fluid on your screen.

You paid a lot. If you send it back there are heaps from China for around $60 with the parking-line wire, and there's an helpful expert (called svxd?) on the forum with harnesses.
I know, it was many times more expensive than what people are paying for theirs. If I had done more research prior I would've gone more of a diy route.
The emerald harness does have wires for reversing the screen and adding/removing the parking lines. The two sets are already split (came this way). I contacted emerald and got no response so I am just dealing with the double lines for now.
2k15BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 01:00 AM   #91
a_dee

Quote:
I know, it was many times more expensive than what people are paying for theirs. If I had done more research prior I would've gone more of a diy route.
The emerald harness does have wires for reversing the screen and adding/removing the parking lines. The two sets are already split (came this way). I contacted emerald and got no response so I am just dealing with the double lines for now.
Reconnect the two green wires if its similar (read same) to the eBay ones.
Old 07-24-2015, 09:48 PM   #92
mixedjuice

Drives: 2015 BRZ - sold & 2014 Legacy Sport
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Dang, I really hope this doesn't happen to my set up tonight. I might just have to make a return then.
mixedjuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 01:45 PM   #93
a_dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedjuice View Post
Dang, I really hope this doesn't happen to my set up tonight. I might just have to make a return then.
How did it go?
Old 07-25-2015, 02:07 PM   #94
ethan160222

Drives: 2015 BRZ
I felt emboldened by those before me in this thread, but I fear I'm a bit out of my comfort zone.

I have SVXdc's harness and just received a Rydeen Duo. I connected the camera to my TV and some batteries and it works just fine at 6V. And, yes, there is a Serial Number sticker on the camera body.

However, the camera wiring is more complicated than I expected.

I believe my options may be:
  1. Extend the upper power branch all the way to SVXdc's harness at the head unit.
  2. Ground the upper branch in the trunk area and extend the power lead to the head unit alongside the video lead
  3. Find some power and ground in the trunk area using the upper power branch and run only the video lead to the head unit
  4. Figure out what that "Reverse power anode output" lead does. (it's labelled "Reverse trigger" in the schematic)
  5. Pay an experienced installer

Here is the schematic from the camera's manual:

Thanks in advance for any help!!!!
ethan160222 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ethan160222 For This Useful Post:
SVXdc (08-29-2015)
Old 07-25-2015, 02:22 PM   #95
mixedjuice

Quote:
How did it go?
Started it last night but will attempt the complete install now.
I will post all details (and or struggles) after get it finished
The Following User Says Thank You to mixedjuice For This Useful Post:
a_dee (07-25-2015)
Old 07-26-2015, 01:37 AM   #96
mixedjuice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doborder View Post
I just did this to the car. Took my time... about 2 hours with interruptions watching the kids. Easy due to all the excellent instructions on this forum. My only hiccup was the ground wire from SVXdc's harness is not quite long enough. I had to add about 6 inches of wire and was good. Otherwise plug and play.
My ground cable was too short also. Ended up coming unplugged from the harness. Do you remember where you tapped it to?
Old 07-26-2015, 01:39 AM   #97
a_dee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedjuice View Post
My ground cable was too short also. Ended up coming unplugged from the harness. Do you remember where you tapped it to?
I tapped into the ground of the stereo amp.
Old 07-26-2015, 04:53 AM   #98
mixedjuice

Quote:
I tapped into the ground of the stereo amp.
Do you recall where it was plugged in to the 16 pin harness?
i'm probably giving up for tonight to have a professional look at it on Monday.
In the mean time, looking to buy some LED (bright white, not too blueish) for my wife's legacy plus clear side markers for the BRZ