follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 06-22-2015, 02:19 PM   #15
Jesse@JDLAutodesign

Drives: 2013 Raven Black FRS
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxscaxx View Post
There is one, just buried I believe lol

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=63196

But no reason we can't start a more relevant thread..unless they merge or close yours

Ill contribute. Still not finished, waiting on a few parts.

Kit: JDL UEL GTX2867R, E85 Flex Fuel
Tune: Delicious
Dyno whp/wtq: Pending

I AN'd every vacuum line. AN the world!!

Headed your way today!
Jesse@JDLAutodesign is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Jesse@JDLAutodesign For This Useful Post:
IBill4You (09-13-2015), Lakitu (07-20-2018), R2RO (07-02-2015), xxscaxx (06-22-2015), yomny (06-22-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #16
yomny

Drives: 2013 FRS Whiteout
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Bringing over some discussions we were having about a minor gasket leak and other questions being asked by members.. Trying to keep all content related to the kit here to help others.. @xxscaxx @erok81 @Rybot @drambo136

Had this little guy here(pic below) leak, or seap a little bit.. replaced it with a gasket I made from gasket paper I picked up from the local hardware store. Apparently it wasn't high temp so it leaked after a day.. found a local shop that had genuine turbo oil drain gaskets for the T3 housing and replaced it. So far so good but too early to determine. I've used Loctite on the bolts to prevent them from backing out. Made sure the drain hose isn't forced or under any tension when bolted as to prevent the leak.. everything is loose and comfy. Regardless I have a different flange coming in, in case this sucker decides he still wants to oversaturate itself and drip.

Current leaker...

Replacement, just in case.
Rybot (06-23-2015)
Old 06-23-2015, 11:01 AM   #17
Rybot

Drives: Subaru BRZ Series.Blue
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by yomny View Post
Bringing over some discussions we were having about a minor gasket leak and other questions being asked by members.. Trying to keep all content related to the kit here to help others.. @xxscaxx @erok81 @Rybot @drambo136
Bringing the question train with me.

What was receiving time like? From the day they shipped to day received?
Old 06-23-2015, 11:05 AM   #18
yomny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rybot View Post
Bringing the question train with me.

What was receiving time like? From the day they shipped to day received?

You got a tracking #?.. depends how far you're from them but the most is a week if im not mistaken.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:07 AM   #19
Rybot

Quote:
You got a tracking #?.. depends how far you're from them but the most is a week if im not mistaken.
Still haven't bought it yet, just wondering ship time for reference.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:09 AM   #20
yomny

Quote:
Still haven't bought it yet, just wondering ship time for reference.
True, my bad, get confused with another member who's having it shipped already.. and another who's the proud owner of that blinged out comp housing they posted above lol. We're going to have a few installs soon.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:12 AM   #21
Rybot

Quote:
True, my bad, get confused with another member who's having it shipped already.. and another who's the proud owner of that blinged out comp housing they posted above lol. We're going to have a few installs soon.
And here I am, admiring that which is unattainable right now.

You guys aren't helping this addiction.
Old 06-23-2015, 11:17 AM   #22
yomny

Quote:
And here I am, admiring that which is unattainable right now.

You guys aren't helping this addiction.

This is like an AA meeting lol we could only help you cope with it but the addiction is and always be there lol. I've tried, I get into other stuff, weapons.. even bikes.. and end up coming back lol. Just finished up some suspension things, swaybars.. camber plates.. and the new little boost and AFR gauge setup. This guy always keeps me coming back. I'm waiting on that oil cooler, I think it'll help tremendously in my case and almost anyone else. Is getting pretty hot and summer is just starting.

Going to get a replacement fog light bezel thingy so I don't have to cut mine open to make room for the oil cooler. I now have the little LED strip there.

Old 06-23-2015, 11:25 AM   #23
Rybot

Quote:
This is like an AA meeting lol we could only help you cope with it but the addiction is and always be there lol. I've tried, I get into other stuff, weapons.. even bikes.. and end up coming back lol. Just finished up some suspension things, swaybars.. camber plates.. and the new little boost and AFR gauge setup. This guy always keeps me coming back. I'm waiting on that oil cooler, I think it'll help tremendously in my case and almost anyone else. Is getting pretty hot and summer is just starting.

Going to get a replacement fog light bezel thingy so I don't have to cut mine open to make room for the oil cooler. I now have the little LED strip there.

My problem is wanting to do everything at once. Turbo, oil cooler, catch cans, gauges, tunes, etc.

Did he choose to chrome the housing? JDL can do that?
Old 06-23-2015, 11:49 AM   #24
yomny

Quote:
My problem is wanting to do everything at once. Turbo, oil cooler, catch cans, gauges, tunes, etc.

Did he choose to chrome the housing? JDL can do that?
Yep they sure can.. I think he chromed other stuff too like the charge pipe where the MAF sits.

PS- I think you should take it slow man.. otherwise you'll go nuts and spend a whole lot of money.. You need the kit and the tune.. done. I didn't even have a boost gauge at first because I was using the 7psi wastegate spring, so no guessing there. Once I got the kit running nicely and made sure there weren't any mechanical issues at all, then continued. Just my .02 cents, otherwise it'll get really expensive and it'll hurt more, and a lot more things could go wrong any you wouldn't even know where you're getting hit from.. I did clutch after, when I started to slip.. got the boost gauge. and now im going for the oil cooler.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:01 PM   #25
Rybot

Quote:
Yep they sure can.. I think he chromed other stuff too like the charge pipe where the MAF sits.

PS- I think you should take it slow man.. otherwise you'll go nuts and spend a whole lot of money.. You need the kit and the tune.. done. I didn't even have a boost gauge at first because I was using the 7psi wastegate spring, so no guessing there. Once I got the kit running nicely and made sure there weren't any mechanical issues at all, then continued. Just my .02 cents, otherwise it'll get really expensive and it'll hurt more, and a lot more things could go wrong any you wouldn't even know where you're getting hit from.. I did clutch after, when I started to slip.. got the boost gauge. and now im going for the oil cooler.
I can see the wisdom in doing things a step at a time, but I find it difficult to enjoy it when I know things need improving or else the engine can be hurt (catch cans).

Either way, it'll be an interesting ride.
Old 06-23-2015, 12:31 PM   #26
Rybot

As a general question, how's the intake filter holding up? Have there been any updates to the design to mitigate or reduce the interference in the engine bay?
Old 06-23-2015, 12:49 PM   #27
erok81

Drives: 2015 BRZ
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I ordered that fancy drain just in case. I've never had a lot of luck with that gasket anyway.
erok81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:54 PM   #28
yomny

Quote:
Originally Posted by erok81 View Post
I ordered that fancy drain just in case. I've never had a lot of luck with that gasket anyway.

Its pretty affordable and I guess its better to have it and not need it lol.