follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing

Suspension | Chassis | Brakes -- Sponsored by 949 Racing Relating to suspension, chassis, and brakes. Sponsored by 949 Racing.

User Tag List

Old 09-25-2019, 12:40 AM   #1
juniorrr

Drives: Scion Frs
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Squaking noise when turning left. Please Help!

Hey guys so today i began to hear this squeaking noise whenever I TURN LEFT and it seems to only be that side but im not sure whats causing the noise? I believe its the front left side since it occurs while turning left but im not sure. ALSO the car only squeaks when I'm in motion at more than 5mph, if im at a stop and turn the wheels there is no squeaking I'm running Tein Flex Z coilovers and i've had them on for a couple months already. Not two long ago I made just to retighten everything except for the maybe the top hats. I honestly don't know anything about suspension so i thought i'd come on here for some help. Thanks!

Last edited by juniorrr; 09-27-2019 at 02:13 AM.
juniorrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 01:00 AM   #2
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I'd check wheel hub bearing.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to churchx For This Useful Post:
juniorrr (09-25-2019)
Old 09-25-2019, 01:23 AM   #3
juniorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
No i highly doubt it’s the wheel bearing since it only happens when turning and not in a straight line even going 80mph
Old 09-25-2019, 01:42 AM   #4
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,813 Times in 16,424 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
When its squeaking, does it stop if you apply the brakes?

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 02:01 AM   #5
juniorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post

humfrz
I’m not 100% on that but I will check I’m on you tomorow about that. But I do know that if I’m taking a turn, the fast I go the worse the sound gets
Old 09-25-2019, 02:35 PM   #6
juniorrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by churchx View Post
Quote:

humfrz
Okay so the car makes the squeaky noise in a straight line now at times and when I go over terrain that isn’t flat. It makes a noise at a certain rotation but then I turn left all the way it squeaks all the way through. The wheel has to be pointed tiny bit for it to squeak. And the noise gets worse with acceleration but doesn’t make noise at all going right. I found that it does actually stop or lower the squeak when I begin to brake so there’s that. Any ideas guys?
Old 09-25-2019, 05:54 PM   #7
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr View Post
Okay so the car makes the squeaky noise in a straight line now at times and when I go over terrain that isn’t flat. It makes a noise at a certain rotation but then I turn left all the way it squeaks all the way through. The wheel has to be pointed tiny bit for it to squeak. And the noise gets worse with acceleration but doesn’t make noise at all going right. I found that it does actually stop or lower the squeak when I begin to brake so there’s that. Any ideas guys?
It might be that you have a brake pad dragging or a sticking or loose caliper. I suggest that you take off the front wheel, rotate the caliper and check the pads, rotor and caliper.

Or, do it the humfrz way. Drive up to a local automotive shop, describe the symptom to them, ask them to find out what's causing it and fix it. Have a cup of coffee, smoke a cigarette (optional), read part of a car magazine, lean back in a chair and take a snooze. They will wake you when it's finished. Pay them, drive home and take a proper nap -

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
juniorrr (09-25-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 01:57 AM   #8
juniorrr

Quote:
It might be that you have a brake pad dragging or a sticking or loose caliper. I suggest that you take off the front wheel, rotate the caliper and check the pads, rotor and caliper.

Or, do it the humfrz way. Drive up to a local automotive shop, describe the symptom to them, ask them to find out what's causing it and fix it. Have a cup of coffee, smoke a cigarette (optional), read part of a car magazine, lean back in a chair and take a snooze. They will wake you when it's finished. Pay them, drive home and take a proper nap -

humfrz
One quick question bro, I’m suspecting it could be the front end links and I was just wondering if you knew how to test if the end links have indeed gone bad? It’s definately not the wheel bearing and I took out the brakes and caliper and they seem fine resintalled everything and it’s still screeching. Someone is rubbing like metal on metal when the car is in motion.

Last edited by juniorrr; 09-27-2019 at 02:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to juniorrr For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-27-2019)
Old 09-27-2019, 02:19 AM   #9
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by juniorrr View Post
One quick question bro, I’m suspecting it could be the front end links and I was just wondering if you knew how to test if the end links have indeed gone bad? It’s definately not the wheel bearing and I took out the brakes and caliper and they seem fine resintalled everything and it’s still screeching. Someone is rubbing like metal on metal when the car is in motion.
I'll have to defer to others. My front end suspension knowledge ended when the took the solid front axle out from under cars. -

Common gang, help this fellow out -

humfrz
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
juniorrr (09-27-2019)
Old 09-29-2019, 10:51 PM   #10
juniorrr

Quote:
I'll have to defer to others. My front end suspension knowledge ended when the took the solid front axle out from under cars. -

Common gang, help this fellow out -

humfrz
Sooo... I found the problem... it was some old masking tape that I never took off that got stuff behind my rotor and hardened over time. It was grinding up against the rotor I guess when I go left? Anyways took it out and no more noise now... I’m actually dumbfounded
The Following User Says Thank You to juniorrr For This Useful Post:
humfrz (09-29-2019)