follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 10-09-2012, 09:51 PM   #15
SPEEDGOD
I don't lie.

Drives: AE86 Successor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by grgonium View Post
I wasn't pressured into anything, but I think ordering Whiteout pushed my delivery date later than everyone else...

Yea, if I ordered Argento, I'm sure I would have had it a few months ago...

It's ok though, few more weeks...

However, I will be sending a nice LONG upset email once I do drive it off the lot.
Quote:
I wasn't pressured into anything, but I think ordering Whiteout pushed my delivery date later than everyone else...

Yea, if I ordered Argento, I'm sure I would have had it a few months ago...

It's ok though, few more weeks...

However, I will be sending a nice LONG upset email once I do drive it off the lot.
Yes same here lol! Hopefully I get it end of month
SPEEDGOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 10:05 PM   #16
Ultra86

Drives: Ultramarine Scion FR-S 6MT
Hey Guys,

I know that DVN has had a bad rep, but to be fair, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I ordered my FR-S in mid May and picked it up June 23rd. So I am surprised that one person on this thread ordered their car on June 18th and still has not picked it up. I would definitely go back and speak to them.

I thought that DVN was professional during the whole process. Last week when I brought in my car when the passenger side window auto up and down was not working reliably (a problem common to several Fr-S's according to the thread in the warranty section), they got me the replacement part quickly, within a week, did the job in an hour, and cleaned the outside AND inside of my car free of charge for the hassle of having to bring in my car for warranty related repair (inside cleaning costs $75 i've been told, outside is usually free).

One of the benefits of being with DVN is that since they have such high flow, they are the first to get a LOT of things, including parts. One example is something as simple as touch up paint. I found a minor scratch on my FR-S and wanted to deal with it quickly. I called up more than one Scion dealership, including Yorkdale and the Kenny Shaw, and both did not have it (and this was 2 weeks ago). I then called up DVN and got the touch up paint that same day.

Just wanted to share my positive experience with any readers out there. It isn't as bad over there as people make it out to be, and they have quick access to parts, as both my experiences have shown me.
Old 10-09-2012, 10:08 PM   #17
SPEEDGOD
I don't lie.

Dvn is pretty pro but personally I think they have lots of customers to deal with, better then other dealership (maple, aurora) that's for sure

Sent from my iPhone (switching to android soon)
Old 10-10-2012, 02:23 AM   #18
Soulz

Drives: BRZ WRB
Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDGOD View Post
Perhaps it's the upgraded audio throwing it off, where'd you order it from?
I think its the whiteout+mt+audio isnt the best combination to getting the frs quick. I order at Brimell Toyota/Scion
Soulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 02:52 AM   #19
Trac Toy

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
walked into Whitby Scion, said I wanted a white 6MT, paid for it, drove it away 2 days later.

I don't know what all the fuss is about...
Trac Toy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:27 AM   #20
grgonium

Drives: Whiteout FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra86 View Post
Hey Guys,

I know that DVN has had a bad rep, but to be fair, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.

I ordered my FR-S in mid May and picked it up June 23rd. So I am surprised that one person on this thread ordered their car on June 18th and still has not picked it up. I would definitely go back and speak to them.

I thought that DVN was professional during the whole process. Last week when I brought in my car when the passenger side window auto up and down was not working reliably (a problem common to several Fr-S's according to the thread in the warranty section), they got me the replacement part quickly, within a week, did the job in an hour, and cleaned the outside AND inside of my car free of charge for the hassle of having to bring in my car for warranty related repair (inside cleaning costs $75 i've been told, outside is usually free).

One of the benefits of being with DVN is that since they have such high flow, they are the first to get a LOT of things, including parts. One example is something as simple as touch up paint. I found a minor scratch on my FR-S and wanted to deal with it quickly. I called up more than one Scion dealership, including Yorkdale and the Kenny Shaw, and both did not have it (and this was 2 weeks ago). I then called up DVN and got the touch up paint that same day.

Just wanted to share my positive experience with any readers out there. It isn't as bad over there as people make it out to be, and they have quick access to parts, as both my experiences have shown me.

I would agree with you here. I think the problem is they are one of the largest, and have alot of customers, so theres alot of cars. Scion hasnt been giving DVN the right amount of cars for their order list, which is why they are behind. Apparently, 30+ people on the waitlist... Poor them.

Plus, got $150 off for buying a car there previously. Straight to tint.
grgonium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 07:29 AM   #21
grgonium

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHUMPC4R View Post
walked into Whitby Scion, said I wanted a white 6MT, paid for it, drove it away 2 days later.

I don't know what all the fuss is about...
No one in Durham wants an FRS?
The Following User Says Thank You to grgonium For This Useful Post:
SPEEDGOD (10-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 09:04 AM   #22
SPEEDGOD
I don't lie.

Quote:
No one in Durham wants an FRS?
Ya lol I wish I lived near Durham
Old 10-10-2012, 09:06 AM   #23
SPEEDGOD
I don't lie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulz View Post
I think its the whiteout+mt+audio isnt the best combination to getting the frs quick. I order at Brimell Toyota/Scion
I saw somewhere that white is a harder paint to manufacture and even harder now due to some factories shut down in Japan (earthquake)
Old 10-10-2012, 09:12 AM   #24
BioRage

Drives: ~_~
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
I saw somewhere that white is a harder paint to manufacture and even harder now due to some factories shut down in Japan (earthquake)
Meh, what else is new with Japan
Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM   #25
wparsons

Drives: 2013 Asphalt FR-S Manual
Thanked 3,351 Times in 2,134 Posts
Mentioned: 99 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shu5892001 View Post
BTW DVN = SH*T, I went to see a sales for my FRS, walk right out after the sales guy pushed me to put down a deposit
I had a way worse experience with them...

Early June, go to look at the car and drive the demo (auto). Waited about half an hour for them to find the right sales guy. Turns out to be an older guy that can't drive stick and hates sports cars, sounds like the right guy for the job to me!

During the drive he tells me they have upgrades to get 300hp out of it easily, and could even have the car delivered like that.

Get back, he tries to get me to put a deposit down on the spot. I tell him MANY times I won't order without driving a manual one. He tells me the manual demo won't be in until mid-late July. (For what it's worth, 5 minutes on the phone and less than an hour later I was done driving a manual demo at Wietzes). I went back to DVN the next weekend to show my wife the car. The sales guy that day knew WAY more, and mentioned that I should come back on Tuesday or Wednesday (~18th of June) to drive the manual demo. I mentioned that a previous sales guy told me they wouldn't have the manual demo until late July and he just chuckled and said the manual demo should've already been there, but was held up for a few days in transit to the dealership (CN strike or something?).

The first guy went as far as to tell me that they would put a backout clause in the contract so that I would put a deposit and order the car but then drive it as part of the PDI and if I didn't like the manual they would give me the deposit back and I wouldn't be obligated to take the car. I told him I would consider that if they'd throw in the upgraded stereo for free, and take $1000 off the sticker price since they seemed desperate to make a sale that day but they wouldn't budge, so I walked.

I liked the second guy, but I couldn't bring myself to buy from them after the first experience. As a bonus, Wietzes is WAY more mod friendly. Last time I was in they were telling me about a turbo kit they're working on developing with a local shop that they'll maintain powertrain warranty with (as long as they install it). They can also supply hot bits coilovers, and their manual demo has a set on it already. Obviously it's best to check before doing anything, but they're VERY mod friendly compared to other dealerships I've talked to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultra86 View Post

IMO, ANY dealership should go the extra mile if a car this new is already in for warranty work. Doesn't mean it'll happen everywhere, but I would expect nothing less so soon.

I have no issues going to DVN for parts, but based on my sales experience I wouldn't buy a car there.

Quote:
I would agree with you here. I think the problem is they are one of the largest, and have alot of customers, so theres alot of cars. Scion hasnt been giving DVN the right amount of cars for their order list, which is why they are behind. Apparently, 30+ people on the waitlist... Poor them.

Plus, got $150 off for buying a car there previously. Straight to tint.
If you're in Markham/Thornhill, call Norb at Carbox Industries. He did a great job on mine, his prices are very competitive, AND lifetime warranty on film/workmanship.

Quote:
There are more white ones in my area than any other colour. I've seen at least 4 different ones on a regular basis. Maybe the delay isn't supply, but there's more demand?
Old 10-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #26
shu5892001
Ontario's FT86

Drives: 2016 Lexus GS-F
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
I had a way worse experience with them...

Early June, go to look at the car and drive the demo (auto). Waited about half an hour for them to find the right sales guy. Turns out to be an older guy that can't drive stick and hates sports cars, sounds like the right guy for the job to me!

During the drive he tells me they have upgrades to get 300hp out of it easily, and could even have the car delivered like that.

Get back, he tries to get me to put a deposit down on the spot. I tell him MANY times I won't order without driving a manual one. He tells me the manual demo won't be in until mid-late July. (For what it's worth, 5 minutes on the phone and less than an hour later I was done driving a manual demo at Wietzes). I went back to DVN the next weekend to show my wife the car. The sales guy that day knew WAY more, and mentioned that I should come back on Tuesday or Wednesday (~18th of June) to drive the manual demo. I mentioned that a previous sales guy told me they wouldn't have the manual demo until late July and he just chuckled and said the manual demo should've already been there, but was held up for a few days in transit to the dealership (CN strike or something?).

The first guy went as far as to tell me that they would put a backout clause in the contract so that I would put a deposit and order the car but then drive it as part of the PDI and if I didn't like the manual they would give me the deposit back and I wouldn't be obligated to take the car. I told him I would consider that if they'd throw in the upgraded stereo for free, and take $1000 off the sticker price since they seemed desperate to make a sale that day but they wouldn't budge, so I walked.

I liked the second guy, but I couldn't bring myself to buy from them after the first experience. As a bonus, Wietzes is WAY more mod friendly. Last time I was in they were telling me about a turbo kit they're working on developing with a local shop that they'll maintain powertrain warranty with (as long as they install it). They can also supply hot bits coilovers, and their manual demo has a set on it already. Obviously it's best to check before doing anything, but they're VERY mod friendly compared to other dealerships I've talked to.

IMO, ANY dealership should go the extra mile if a car this new is already in for warranty work. Doesn't mean it'll happen everywhere, but I would expect nothing less so soon.

I have no issues going to DVN for parts, but based on my sales experience I wouldn't buy a car there.

If you're in Markham/Thornhill, call Norb at Carbox Industries. He did a great job on mine, his prices are very competitive, AND lifetime warranty on film/workmanship.

There are more white ones in my area than any other colour. I've seen at least 4 different ones on a regular basis. Maybe the delay isn't supply, but there's more demand?
Yea the sales guy at DVN also told me to put down a deposit and put a condition in the contract that if my gf didn't approve I can get my deposit back. I was like wtf, why can't I just come back tomorrow....

BTW any more info on the turbo kit that wietzes? LOL
shu5892001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #27
grgonium

http://www.autotrader.ca/a/Scion/FR-...howcpo=ShowCPO

If you want to spend more...
The Following User Says Thank You to grgonium For This Useful Post:
SPEEDGOD (10-10-2012)
Old 10-10-2012, 11:49 AM   #28
SPEEDGOD
I don't lie.

Maple Toyota: If you look young, they will try to scam you above MSRP, and double charge you on stuff, pretend to be stupid like the 0.7% lease reduction and grad program doesn't exist Avoid them, totally! Please do not go!
Plus I waited like 30 mins for a test drive, receptionist lied when I called in to make sure I didn't waste my time waiting and I still did! Very unprofessional sales dude (old guy) said I was wasting his lunch time, I had to go back 5 times to get a refund for my deposit

Woodbridge: Peter is great, very upfront same with Managers, they take the time to serve you
Wietzes: Great for mods, they even sell the body kit, Justin is good with but he asked me fo my credit card right away without talking numbers, wrong move
DVN: Jason is good, younger and knows his stuff but busy place, late followup
Markville: Bought two cars from them, same owner as DVN, they don't seem desperate for a sale, they sell FR-S like it's a PORSCHE lol (same goes for all dealerships)
Newmarket (Davis): Dude didn't know his stuff, he tried to sell me the DEMO I test drove with 250km on it, and his Manager had to come out all frustrated asking me why I drove all the way here for (obviously a test drive/buy), and he said the car was brand new and I didn't know what a DEMO and NEW vehicle was. What a loser! Why would you talk down to your potential client? Honestly in my books, anything over 15km has been test driven/drifted. I just walked out (he was confused) don't come here EVER, almost as bad as Maple Toyota

It seems to me:

+ Most dealerships will let people test drive your new car sitting in the lot (since it's in demand)
+ Mangers brag about drifting clients cars before they delivery them, one of them told me that (I was like wtf, don't do that to mine d$CKface)
+ So if you are expecting your new car soon, probe them anonymously, ask for a test drive everyday having your friends call in of course and visit their lots to see the condition of your car, etc.

Last edited by SPEEDGOD; 10-10-2012 at 01:09 PM.