follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Marketplace > User/Vendor/Sponsor Reviews, Feedback, Comments

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2016, 03:35 PM   #1
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Drives: 17' Focus RS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
AJW Performance

Help me out here guys; I have called and emailed for a month, after paying for a Vortech SC kit and haven't heard anything back. Nothing. I noticed today there are several posts on your Facebook account. Can someone please contact me back? Time for Facebook, but none for email or the phone?

@AJW Performance

I don't have any form of social media, except the forum here, otherwise I would reach out there.

I have contacted and left messages with Meryl, Jorel and Andrew (voicemails and emails).
Timmy_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:02 PM   #2
AJW Performance

Drives: Subarus
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
James,
Andrew here. Someone called and told us about this post.
Last email I have from you was on the 28th.

The kit was ordered as soon as we got payment from you. You should have been emailed a sales receipt. These kits come right from Vortech and as soon as they complete them they ship them out.

We are installing it here for you. As soon as it arrives we can schedule an installation date and get the kit on for you.

Any questions just give us a call, email or swing by.
Since you ordered it from Jorel please use him as your point of contact for any order updates on this kit.
AJW Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 04:30 PM   #3
fumanchu1

Drives: 2013 Brz C38 (bought not built :P)
Thanked 1,249 Times in 802 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
@Timmy_Jones they answered you, seems like something their response may not have gotten to you (did you check your junk/spam folder
fumanchu1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 08:52 AM   #4
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Folks, let me leave some of the facts surrounding this issue and let everyone form their own opinion.

December 2015; sent an email to them, more of a feeler asking for their thoughts on the Edelbrock kit for the FRS, they replied promptly saying they would look into it
January 2016; no word back yet…not an issue, still too cold to drive the car
February; I reach out and ask for an update, few days go by and I was assured that someone would get back me. They eventually do. Jorel steps in and offers to help.
March; we email back and forth a few times, early in the month and decide that Vortech is the best route for me. So I ask for an estimate with some other small exhaust parts.
April; it has been a month, no contact. Several emails sent, and I get nothing back. I call and speak with Meryl, she is extremely helpful, once I explain to her that Jorel hasn’t responded to emails in about a month now. She offers to help, and I call her the next day to order the Vortech kit. I am re-assured that I will be kept up to date on the status of the order and she hopes it will arrive by the beginning of May. We speak April 15th and place the order for the kit. Then, as Andrew said above…I emailed him last at the end of April. Zero contact just asking for an update on the order. I call the first few weeks of May…nothing. Finally got Andrew in the office last week, he directs my call to Jorel, who promises an update the next day, from Vortech. Jorel, then doesn’t call me again, until a few hours after this thread is created. Unfortunately, it took creating this thread to get in touch with them.

All while this was going on, their Facebook is updated nearly every day, multiple times on most days.

I have since called again (no answer) and then later on asking for a refund for the kit.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:13 PM   #5
AJW Performance

Drives: Subarus
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
James,

Jorel here. When I spoke with you last week the only update I had for you was that the kit was completed, apart from some clips that they were hoping to finish up within a week. You asked if I hear any updates to give you a call. When we originally ordered the kit (April 15th as you said) we were told that we would see it within 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately it took them a little longer to get them completed within that time frame.

Monday we were informed of this thread. I got on the phone with Vortech as soon as they opened as I wasn’t given an update by the end of last week. After 20 minutes of being on hold I was told Wednesday the kit would be shipping to us. I wasn’t able to get ahold of you so I left you a voicemail.

We are constantly on the move here, between processing orders from the site, managing builds or interacting with customers who walk in just to ask questions. The majority of social media posts we make are from our cell phones while we are doing any of the previously mentioned things.

Today when I came in I had a voicemail from you returning my call at 10pm, unfortunately we are only here from 9-5pm. Unless I missed a call earlier in the day, in which I apologize for that.

Thanks
AJW Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 01:47 PM   #6
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJW Performance View Post
Monday we were informed of this thread.
How?

Quote:
When we originally ordered the kit (April 15th as you said) we were told that we would see it within 2-3 weeks. Unfortunately it took them a little longer to get them completed within that time frame.
During which time period I emailed 4 times, called the general AJW line 3 times, and your personal line, 3 times (including yesterday).

Quote:
You should have been emailed a sales receipt.
Was never sent one, can you re-send, the original email? I want to make sure the refund matches the sale amount.

Quote:
We are constantly on the move here, between processing orders from the site, managing builds or interacting with customers who walk in just to ask questions. The majority of social media posts we make are from our cell phones while we are doing any of the previously mentioned things.
And that's a business decision you have to make and stick with. Again, my only subjective remark here; I am just disappointed with the entire transaction. I wish things would have gone differently. I was also happy to tout everything you guys did so well last time I worked with you.

Quote:
Unless I missed a call earlier in the day, in which I apologize for that.
You did, thank you for the apology.

Quote:
We are installing it here for you. As soon as it arrives we can schedule an installation date and get the kit on for you.

Any questions just give us a call, email or swing by.
I tried calling and email...no answer. As requested before, please send me the original sales receipt, the refund receipt and confirmation that the charge will be removed from my card. Thank you again.
Old 05-19-2016, 08:27 AM   #7
Timmy_Jones
Spun

Money was refunded today. AJW was quite responsive, once this thread was created.
The Following User Says Thank You to Timmy_Jones For This Useful Post:
fumanchu1 (05-26-2016)