follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 12-04-2013, 07:23 PM   #85
Sully

Drives: In the market for something fun
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfusionpm View Post
I'm surprised this thread is still going on, the solution is pretty simple: if you own an Xbox, you get Forza. If you own a Playstation, you get Gran Turismo. If you own both, get both.
But I don't own either. That's why I started the thread.
Sully is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sully For This Useful Post:
Allch Chcar (12-04-2013)
Old 12-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #86
fatoni

Drives: miata, mazdaspeed protege, ls430
Thanked 1,442 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
are there still the junky microtransactions that i hear make forza kinda frustrating?
fatoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:04 PM   #87
SnapOv3st3r

Drives: 400whp Scion tC
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatoni View Post
are there still the junky microtransactions that i hear make forza kinda frustrating?

Yes, from what I gather.

Also, just picked up my GT6 Anniversary Edition. The intro is the best hands down of a racing game/sim. It shows the passion for vehicles like none other.

Also didn't know that the GAZOO Racing Toyota 86, the 86 Race Car Base Model, and the 86 "Racing" model (one with the steelies on it) would be in the game. Very nice.
SnapOv3st3r is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnapOv3st3r For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (12-07-2013)
Old 12-06-2013, 03:14 PM   #88
GTHachiRoku
Big in Japan

Drives: turBRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I don't know how Forza 4 was, but no microtransactions yet in Forza 5. I'm sure there will be more DLC available as time goes on, but that's how all games are going now days. I was purely a GT guy up until now and this game handily blows the pants off of GT. Maybe GT7 will get it right.
GTHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #89
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTHachiRoku View Post
I don't know how Forza 4 was, but no microtransactions yet in Forza 5. I'm sure there will be more DLC available as time goes on, but that's how all games are going now days. I was purely a GT guy up until now and this game handily blows the pants off of GT. Maybe GT7 will get it right.
How so when GT6 just came out today?

So far it seems GT6 is beating FM5 in the reviews. Then again you can't truly compare since that would be PS3 vs Xbox One.
SirBrass (12-06-2013)
Old 12-06-2013, 05:57 PM   #90
SnapOv3st3r

So, I picked up my Anniversary Ed. GT6. First impressions are the physics differences are blatantly apparent. No more Sport tires gripping like they are R-compounds. Suspension and body roll are drastically noticeable (and I'm playing with a controller at the moment). It will reward proper drivers. Those who dive bomb and hung into corners in 5, will easily find themselves off track in 6. The menu is blazing faster over 5. You can be in the GT getting an oil change or throwing on a new set of wheels and can select a different car WITHIN that screen rather than saving and backing all the way back to your garage to select another car and going BACK to the customization options.

I was in my garage and you can test drive your car from within your garage and select tracks from there, instead of having to select a car, navigate all the way over to Training menu that 5 makes you do. I'm diggin it to say the least.

Two Player mode takes a while to load up. That's the only thing that takes a lengthy amount of time. The cars look absolutely amazing. All Cars have the same exterior detailing. Some cars (not sure on the count) have a non-detailed interior.

I seen the GAZOO Racing 86, the TRD GRIFFON 86 (called another name in GT6) and the Racing 86 (86 that comes with steelies in Japan). I haven't driven them yet though.
Old 12-06-2013, 08:23 PM   #91
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Forza 5 has microtransactions as well. GT6 seems pretty good so far. The physics are definitely an improvement. I still wish they would cut some of the cars from the game. The standard cars have been polished up quite a bit more, but you can still spot them. I haven't noticed anything microtransaction related pop up, and the progression in 6 seems on par with 5.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #92
chaoskaze
The Fail Boat

Drives: CWP S.B.
Thanked 1,293 Times in 873 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Unhappy

I have been a Forza supporter since Forza 1 came out back in 2005, but not anymore. In my honest opinion u should get GT6, microsoft basically fuked themself with forza 5, all that rushing product for launch title shit will ruin turn10's reputation if it happens again. >___> Forza 4 has over 550 cars while 5 only get less then half of that....other then graphic everything about forza 5 is a letdown compare to forza 4 to me. On top of all that plus endless DLC with the introduction of microtransaction in game... /facepalm
Forza 5 is just weakest of the series so far + I'm not fond of that kind of business practice. It's rather sad, really.... If u played any forza before this there ain't that many changes other then clarkson's voice in game makes u cringe. Forza's modification options are falling off too. Forza 1 had more variety of bodykits available on all cars.... Anyway, get GT6 & you wont regret it.

Last edited by chaoskaze; 12-07-2013 at 07:24 AM.
chaoskaze is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chaoskaze For This Useful Post:
SirBrass (12-07-2013)
Old 12-07-2013, 07:24 AM   #93
SirBrass
Trust me, I'm the Doctor

Drives: 2019 WRX Limited (WRB)
Thanked 1,251 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
Forza 5 has microtransactions as well. GT6 seems pretty good so far. The physics are definitely an improvement. I still wish they would cut some of the cars from the game. The standard cars have been polished up quite a bit more, but you can still spot them. I haven't noticed anything microtransaction related pop up, and the progression in 6 seems on par with 5.
There's none of this specialty car crap this time in progression in gt6. You can basically pick a car & tune it up as you progress.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

^GT5 Replay Photo Mode^
SirBrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 04:10 PM   #94
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirBrass View Post
There's none of this specialty car crap this time in progression in gt6. You can basically pick a car & tune it up as you progress.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Your first car purchase has to be a Honda Fit (after you purchase the Fit, all cars are unlocked). Unless you bought the Anniversary Ed. like I did (got 25 car bonus), you have to get enough money using the Fit to buy another car. In short, yes you can pick a car as long as it does not exceed the Performance Points of the race you are trying to enter.

Get the Fit, race enough to buy the car you want to actually use (granted it doesn't exceed points for the Novice class), then tune it up and race as you go. But you can't tune an 86, for example, high enough to compete with GT500 cars or something like that.
Old 12-07-2013, 05:05 PM   #95
ichitaka05
Site Moderator

Drives: ichi 86 Project
Thanked 19,052 Times in 8,327 Posts
Mentioned: 677 Post(s)
Tagged: 27 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapOv3st3r View Post
I seen the GAZOO Racing 86, the TRD GRIFFON 86 (called another name in GT6) and the Racing 86 (86 that comes with steelies in Japan). I haven't driven them yet though.
Correction, if you're talking g bout 86 Race Car Base Model as a TRD GRIFFON, it's not Griffon. It Gazoo Racing's 86, except, you can color & add number. Just like BRZ R&D Base Model is BRZ GT300
Old 12-08-2013, 02:05 AM   #96
AsianStyle

Drives: Whiteout FR-S MT
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoskaze View Post
I have been a Forza supporter since Forza 1 came out back in 2005, but not anymore. In my honest opinion u should get GT6, microsoft basically fuked themself with forza 5, all that rushing product for launch title shit will ruin turn10's reputation if it happens again. >___> Forza 4 has over 550 cars while 5 only get less then half of that....other then graphic everything about forza 5 is a letdown compare to forza 4 to me. On top of all that plus endless DLC with the introduction of microtransaction in game... /facepalm
Forza 5 is just weakest of the series so far + I'm not fond of that kind of business practice. It's rather sad, really.... If u played any forza before this there ain't that many changes other then clarkson's voice in game makes u cringe. Forza's modification options are falling off too. Forza 1 had more variety of bodykits available on all cars.... Anyway, get GT6 & you wont regret it.
I don't think microtransactions are really a bad thing. It all depends on how it is implemented. As long as the devs don't purposefully design the game in a way to encourage or force microtransactions, it can actually be helpful to people who have limited time and don't want to grind.

Forza 5 completely did away with free car awards in races. So, the only way to obtain new cars is to grind and purchase with the use of in-game money. I'm not sure if the payout of winning races has changed from previous games.

GT6 also has microtransactions, but their car awards and money awards for winning races has been unchanged from previous games.

I think the biggest issue is DLC. I can't believe turn10 has the audacity to come out with less cars and track, then have a day one dlc. Also, offer a $50 DLC pass making people think they are getting some kind of deal. So, I really need to pay $110 for this game?
AsianStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 02:32 AM   #97
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchy View Post
I still think forza is a better more realistic game than GT, Forza offers more customization, a better driving feel. The only real downside to Forza is that it doesn't support the logitec wheel. But there are other options out there for you.

signed dude who loved the shit out of GT 1-2 and 4 and made the switch to Forza with forza 3 and 4 and hated GT5 with a passion.
ppl make fun of it, but when you have a room to setup everything, it is pretty badass, and then folks get mad because you are having too much fun in one room, and want a part of it.
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 09:25 AM   #98
SnapOv3st3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by ichitaka05 View Post
Correction, if you're talking g bout 86 Race Car Base Model as a TRD GRIFFON, it's not Griffon. It Gazoo Racing's 86, except, you can color & add number. Just like BRZ R&D Base Model is BRZ GT300

Yea I just realized that when I bought it and the steering said GAZOO on it. It would be nice if they had these ones you can change the color on, the option to use a livery rather than a base color. Maybe in an update.

I have noticed the damage model has been increased also. A love tap will show signs of damage much quicker than GT5 ever did. And I like it. It's not a love tap and BOOM your whole car front end explodes like it was put together with Legos and body pieces go everywhere (like some other games do). You get body crinkle like you would expect in real life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianStyle View Post
I think the biggest issue is DLC. I can't believe turn10 has the audacity to come out with less cars and track, then have a day one dlc. Also, offer a $50 DLC pass making people think they are getting some kind of deal. So, I really need to pay $110 for this game?

I saw that in a video review I was watching of FM5. I was like WTF $50 for a 6 car pack of cars (granted multiple cars in each pack), but it cost the same as the game from a retailer.
SirBrass (12-09-2013)