follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 05-16-2012, 01:13 PM   #267
DP82

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ LE
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lesson learned: Initial release of a new car suited to cater to an "enthusiastic" group means that we need to band together quicker and have others recognize who we are. I.E. we should have walked into those dealerships proclaiming we belong to this group. I'm sure we have more than 50% of the pre-orders... we missed the opportunity to dictate terms rather than submit to theirs. Oh well, next time I hope we can shape this better and get more satisfaction (100%?) instead of these little tidbits of disappointment occasionally. I'm just saying :P I know I think too much! Hahaha! FEAR THE FT86CLUB!
DP82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:19 PM   #268
George

Drives: Subaru STI
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Jayde,

I would be happy to compensate you for your gas. Call me at the number I listed above. As far as what happened, we did not have a clear process at the time of this event and our Sales Manager was out of the office. I am not blaming any member of our staff but rather telling the truth about what happened. I try to stay off the message boards because most of the time when it comes to a dealership you can't do right. For anyone to say there was poor management involved is mistaken. We are proud to be 1 of less than 100 Subaru dealers in the country named as a Stellar Care Award recipient which is the highest honor Subaru gives out for upholding Subaru Standards as well as the highest levels of customer satisfaction. As I said in my last post, I am here to serve the area of responsibility given to me by Subaru corporate. I guess I will have to live with a couple of guys from Georgia, Texas and New York who do not agree with what we do and I will continue to happily serve our loyal Subaru customers in my market. The point of starting a blacklist based on what one guy says is a bit ridiculous in my view because I have thousands of loyal customers who know I would bend over backwards for them.

Good luck to you all.
George is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #269
tinnyms3

Drives: ms3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by George View Post
Hello Jayde, Longhorn and anyone else interested:

My name is George D'Angelo and I am the General Manager of Subaru Stamford. Jayde, I apologize for your experience. Your salesperson should have never told you we were taking deposits on pre orders for the BRZ at MSRP. He was misinformed...
What a lame ass excuse . Just stay away from dealers run by dipsticks like this.

BRZ STi on order
tinnyms3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to tinnyms3 For This Useful Post:
Subie (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 06:22 PM   #270
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Jayde,

I would be happy to compensate you for your gas. Call me at the number I listed above. As far as what happened, we did not have a clear process at the time of this event and our Sales Manager was out of the office. I am not blaming any member of our staff but rather telling the truth about what happened. I try to stay off the message boards because most of the time when it comes to a dealership you can't do right. For anyone to say there was poor management involved is mistaken. We are proud to be 1 of less than 100 Subaru dealers in the country named as a Stellar Care Award recipient which is the highest honor Subaru gives out for upholding Subaru Standards as well as the highest levels of customer satisfaction. As I said in my last post, I am here to serve the area of responsibility given to me by Subaru corporate. I guess I will have to live with a couple of guys from Georgia, Texas and New York who do not agree with what we do and I will continue to happily serve our loyal Subaru customers in my market. The point of starting a blacklist based on what one guy says is a bit ridiculous in my view because I have thousands of loyal customers who know I would bend over backwards for them.

Good luck to you all.
We made this blacklist so other people don't get their time and money wasted by inconsiderate dealers, such as what happened to Jayde. You may have awards but that doesn't make up for your actions towards one of our members.

We would all greatly appreciate if you compensated him, and if HE is satisfied, then maybe you have a chance at getting off the list.

Thanks, and try not to screw any other members over. Wouldn't want to be double-blacklisted!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Guff For This Useful Post:
bestwheelbase (05-17-2012), kwood9000 (05-24-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #271
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Jayde,

Good luck to you all.
I think there are plenty of dealerships that can do right. Hopefully there will be another thread setup once more cars get delivered where members can recommend who to do business with. These will more than likely be dealerships that have been up front with pricing, costs, and fees and didn't end up jerking around members during the purchasing process.

I'm not condemning you or your dealership, this may be an isolated incident and you probably deserve all the awards that you've received. As stated at the beginning of this thread, we just want to let members know when other's have had a bad experienced. If Jayde ends up being satisfied with your interactions and wants to retract his previous statement I'll gladly take your dealership off the list.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Longhorn248 For This Useful Post:
kwood9000 (05-24-2012), Tbxgz (05-16-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 11:16 PM   #272
Tbxgz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn248 View Post
I think there are plenty of dealerships that can do right. Hopefully there will be another thread setup once more cars get delivered where members can recommend who to do business with. These will more than likely be dealerships that have been up front with pricing, costs, and fees and didn't end up jerking around members during the purchasing process.

I'm not condemning you or your dealership, this may be an isolated incident and you probably deserve all the awards that you've received. As stated at the beginning of this thread, we just want to let members know when other's have had a bad experienced. If Jayde ends up being satisfied with your interactions and wants to retract his previous statement I'll gladly take your dealership off the list.
Exactly. These threads arnt meant to flame dealers, just educate.

And with that said I think a dealer appreciation thread should indeed be created. I planed on creating one once I finalized my deal but it looks like my car is still a few boats away.
Old 05-17-2012, 12:14 AM   #273
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Jayde,

Good luck to you all.
Actually, this site does reach your market. This site reaches the entire nation (and beyond). Therefore, it is not just guys from Georgia, Texas, and New York who disagree with your tactics and arrogance. Have you not seen the countless instances where internet justice has made dealerships bend until their will was broken? Perhaps you should do some research about all of the failed ebay listing "mistakes" and the ensuing aftermath. This blacklist has already served its purpose...to identify dealerships that our guests and members should avoid.
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lonewolf For This Useful Post:
kwood9000 (05-24-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 12:49 AM   #274
Longhorn248
Hook 'em

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaytaurus View Post
I went to test drive the car at Ray Robinson dealer in Tulalip. First of all, they have ridiculously high mark up price like 2k. On top of the that, the representative who worked with me was a total douchebag. When I started negotiating, he became rude, like if not me there are 1000s to buy this car and stuff.

But he called me back today saying if I have any second thought. I told him, "I will never buy a car from people like you even it is for free".

I will never recommended this dealer to anyone.
That sucks dude. Unfortunately (since they were up front) just having a markup and being a **** doesn't warrant being "blacklisted". We're really aiming for "bait and switch" dealers, and those that will go back on their word. If people have other opinions then please let me know.
Longhorn248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #275
ngabdala
Vortech Supercharged

Drives: WRB BRZ 6MT LTD
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Go away. And, your local community and SoA will be hearing about this I promise you. Don't try to play it off as you guys being a unique and honest dealership that wouldn't feel right taking his money for a preorder. I've heard that too many times. You're going to have cars come in and start a bidding war.

Quote:
Hello Jayde, Longhorn and anyone else interested:

My name is George D'Angelo and I am the General Manager of Subaru Stamford. Jayde, I apologize for your experience. Your salesperson should have never told you we were taking deposits on pre orders for the BRZ at MSRP. He was misinformed. We have been allocated more BRZ's over the next few months than any other dealer in the area due to our high volume of WRX & STI sales. The problem we have run into is we have a market to serve and are getting inundated with purchase requests from far outside our market. We don't want to sell these vehicles to people in Delaware, Mass, or upstate New York. We'd rather sell them to a local customer whose business we can earn for the rest of his or her life. We are treating BRZ sales just as we do any other vehicle in our lineup. The market and supply and demand dictates the price. If you showed up at our dealership today, I have 100 vehicles that I would sell you at or close to invoice. At our store, BRZ's will be sold as they arrive. If anyone would like to be contacted as they come in feel free to call me or any of our salespeople at (203)252-2222.

Thanks and good luck,

George