follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 06-14-2016, 12:20 AM   #113
gtslow

Drives: 2015 Halo FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackS2k View Post
It's not like the detractors talking crap about the interior are expecting an Audi quality interior. They just want a decent interior that doesn't look like it belongs in the bargain bin at Walmart. The regular Focus has one of the worst interiors in it's class. That's the problem.

I doubt you'll hear anyone bitching about the interior of the Civic Type R when it arrives next year.

Well, except for the trolls
They'll just be whining that it's fwd.

Last edited by gtslow; 06-14-2016 at 12:58 PM.
gtslow is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to gtslow For This Useful Post:
WolfpackS2k (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 12:27 AM   #114
gtslow

So I've been drooling over this car since they started talking about it. It seems like it may fit my lifestyle really well with the kids and such but I refuse to pay ADM on a vehicle like this.

For those in the know, @Dave-ROR, do you forsee the banks opening up for the 2017 order soon?
Old 06-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #115
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtslow View Post
So I've been drooling over this car since they started talking about it. It seems like it may fit my lifestyle really well with the kids and such but I refuse to pay ADM on a vehicle like this.

For those in the know, @Dave-ROR, do you forsee the banks opening up for the 2017 order soon?
If it happens on the same date as standard Focii, August 15th.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dave-ROR For This Useful Post:
gtslow (06-14-2016)
Old 06-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #116
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
$46K is still 2K less than MSRP in Canada.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 12:59 PM   #117
gtslow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
If it happens on the same date as standard Focii, August 15th.
Sweet. I guess I have a couple months to save my pennies.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:19 PM   #118
weederr33
Airborne at your service

Drives: '17 BRZ Series.Yellow
Thanked 5,586 Times in 2,928 Posts
Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I really want the Focus RS, but I'm really hoping subaru will transition the STI to the new FA20 engine first... I'm so lost!

MS, CSCS, TSAC-F, CPT
weederr33 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to weederr33 For This Useful Post:
why? (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 09:34 PM   #119
Who8myrice

Drives: Ap2
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calum View Post
$46K is still 2K less than MSRP in Canada.
At least free healthcare right ?
Who8myrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 01:49 AM   #120
why?
Only happy when it rains.

Drives: series.blue
Thanked 1,263 Times in 749 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weederr33 View Post
I really want the Focus RS, but I'm really hoping subaru will transition the STI to the new FA20 engine first... I'm so lost!
For me it will be if the new STI finally comes in hatchback or wagon form. And if they can get it to handle as well as the BRZ.

Either way I'll be waiting a few years, and the BRZ is an awesome car for right now.
why? is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to why? For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 06:36 AM   #121
Calum
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who8myrice View Post
At least free healthcare right ?

I hope that isn't sarcastic. Because free health care of fucking amazing. My first born came out blue, not moving, not breathing, and a VERY weak heart beat. He was literally seconds away from death. Five doctors and three nurses worked on him. If you've ever watched pit crew competitions and how well those guys work together, well, those guys look like a group of four year old chasing a soccer ball around a field compared to the doctors. They were nearly inhuman in how well they worked together. It was just a blur of hands, needles, testes, vitals being spoken, etc. It was terrifying and amazing all at the same time. Then they transported my son to the neo-natal ICU where he stayed for several hours for observation. And what did any of that cost us. Not a single cent. We didn't even consider the cost, nor did any of the doctors or nurses. Money didn't matter, fixing the issue is the only thing that matters.

I know we're not allowed to talk politics on here, so I'll just say this. If you're ever hearing/reading about how 'inferior' Canadian health care is to the US, think about how densely populated America is, and how spread out Canadians are. It takes a fuck ton of money to keep hospitals running in Canada to serve all of these small towns. If we were more densely populated we'd have a lot more tax payers per hospital, which would be more than enough to offset any difference in quality of care between the two systems. If the US adopted a similar system, with the amount of people that you guys have per unit of land area, your health care system could go from being competitive with others around the world, to being far and away the best. Then again, that would likely attract away our good doctors, so, no, don't do that.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
Dave-ROR (06-16-2016), JD001 (06-16-2016), soulreapersteve (06-16-2016), Tcoat (06-16-2016), XanRules (06-22-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 08:48 AM   #122
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
I hope that isn't sarcastic. Because free health care of fucking amazing. My first born came out blue, not moving, not breathing, and a VERY weak heart beat. He was literally seconds away from death. Five doctors and three nurses worked on him. If you've ever watched pit crew competitions and how well those guys work together, well, those guys look like a group of four year old chasing a soccer ball around a field compared to the doctors. They were nearly inhuman in how well they worked together. It was just a blur of hands, needles, testes, vitals being spoken, etc. It was terrifying and amazing all at the same time. Then they transported my son to the neo-natal ICU where he stayed for several hours for observation. And what did any of that cost us. Not a single cent. We didn't even consider the cost, nor did any of the doctors or nurses. Money didn't matter, fixing the issue is the only thing that matters.

I know we're not allowed to talk politics on here, so I'll just say this. If you're ever hearing/reading about how 'inferior' Canadian health care is to the US, think about how densely populated America is, and how spread out Canadians are. It takes a fuck ton of money to keep hospitals running in Canada to serve all of these small towns. If we were more densely populated we'd have a lot more tax payers per hospital, which would be more than enough to offset any difference in quality of care between the two systems. If the US adopted a similar system, with the amount of people that you guys have per unit of land area, your health care system could go from being competitive with others around the world, to being far and away the best. Then again, that would likely attract away our good doctors, so, no, don't do that.
This is NOT meant to take away from the medical professionals up there but what I've heard from my Canadian friends isn't so much against emergency care, it's more on how bad/delayed non-emergency care can be.

There can be lots of causes for that of course but I'd be interested in hearing your experiences in those areas as I'm sure people have different experiences based on area, how well a hospital is staffed (in terms of # of professionals more than talent), etc.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 09:39 AM   #123
jasonojordan

Drives: 2013 satin white brz limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
One local here (says in transit my guess prob already sold) is listed at 40K sticker price.
jasonojordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:10 AM   #124
Calum
That Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-ROR View Post
This is NOT meant to take away from the medical professionals up there but what I've heard from my Canadian friends isn't so much against emergency care, it's more on how bad/delayed non-emergency care can be.

There can be lots of causes for that of course but I'd be interested in hearing your experiences in those areas as I'm sure people have different experiences based on area, how well a hospital is staffed (in terms of # of professionals more than talent), etc.

From what I understand you guys have shorter waiting times, and a broader range of procedures available, but none of that is first hand experience. My own experience is that the wait times have been reasonable. I honestly don't know if they would/could have been shorter in the US, but I've never been put out by the wait times. If someone is suffering, they get treated right away. On rare occasions, depending on severity, people can get bumped for a more urgent patient. That happened to me once, I had an appointment with my neurologist (I have epilepsy) but my seizures are so mild, isolated within my body and with the time of day, and easily controlled, that I got bumped when a new patient needed to be seen right away. (several tonic-clonic seizures everyday) I had no problem with that. The appointment was only to discuss me continuing to not use medication and keep using meditation, which was my suggestion in the first place and has been working for well over a decade at this point.

Lets just say that yes, our taxes are higher than yours. But, I will happily continue to pay that tax rate for the quality of care we receive for the comparably minimal cost. If a person in the USA is young and in perfect health, you'll likely pay a little less than we do for our health care. But you wont be young and healthy forever. There are better systems out there, systems with more funding, but again population density. In 2014 the population density of America was about 35 people per square Km. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unit...m-wb-data.html In 2014 the population density of Canada was a little under 4 people per square Km. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/cana...m-wb-data.html Comparing the cost to maintaining health care over this vast an area, with this few people paying into it, to your health care system shouldn't even be possible. That the discussion is even feasible should be more than enough to tell you that your money could be doing a lot more for you.

Last edited by Calum; 06-16-2016 at 02:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Calum For This Useful Post:
Dave-ROR (06-16-2016)
Old 06-16-2016, 10:56 AM   #125
YukiHachiRoku
Lex Luger

Drives: 2004 GS430
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I'd rather have a used GT-R for around that much lol!
YukiHachiRoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 02:46 PM   #126
WolfpackS2k

Drives: '12 C63 P31, '23 GRC
Thanked 2,072 Times in 1,185 Posts
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
From what I understand you guys have shorter waiting times, and a broader range of procedures available, but none of that is first hand experience. My own experience is that the wait times have been reasonable. I honestly don't know if they would/could have been shorter in the US, but I've never been put out by the wait times. If someone is suffering, they get treated right away. On rare occasions, depending on severity, people can get bumped for a more urgent patient. That happened to me once, I had an appointment with my neurologist (I have epilepsy) but my seizures are so mild, isolated within my body and with the time of day, and easily controlled, that I got bumped when a new patient needed to be seen right away. (several tonic-clonic seizures everyday) I had no problem with that. The appointment was only to discuss me continuing to not use medication and keep using meditation, which was my suggestion in the first place and has been working for well over a decade at this point.

Lets just say that yes, our taxes are higher than yours. But, I will happily continue to pay that tax rate for the quality of care we receive for the comparably minimal cost. If a person in the USA is young and in perfect health, you'll likely pay a little less than we do for our health care. But you wont be young and healthy forever. There are better systems out there, systems with more funding, but again population density. In 2014 the population density of America was about 35 people per square Km. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/unit...m-wb-data.html In 2014 the population density of Canada was a little under 4 people per square Km. http://www.tradingeconomics.com/cana...m-wb-data.html Comparing the cost to maintaining health care over this vast an area, with this few people paying into it, to your health care system shouldn't even be possible. That the discussion is even feasible should be more than enough to tell you that your money could be doing a lot more for you.
With regards to density, isn't it true that 90% of Canada's population lives within 100 miles of the United States? I.E., it's not applicable to talk about 4 people / square km as real ife is not uniform distribution. I'm not criticizing you, just pointing out a fault in analyzing it that way.