follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 06-18-2012, 09:38 AM   #1
nkrein22

Drives: 2013 WRB Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Next shipment of BRZ's?

Hey I'm #2 at my dealership out of 5 or 6. I don't know the exact number. I am still wait listed. I was wondering if anyone has any information on if the next ship has made it to port yet. Has anyone that has been wait listed received their VIN within the past week? I remember reading somewhere on this site with predictions of 6/15 for the next shipment to arrive in the U.S.
nkrein22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #2
Zadkiel

Drives: CBS BRZ Limited 6MT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
No idea. I'm wait listed and they're fairly certain my ETA is "October". It's pretty rediculous as it normally takes 6-8 weeks.
Zadkiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:15 AM   #3
Zadkiel

Another thing I forgot to mention, for some idiotic reason, the dealer is getting 2 unspoken for Premiums, but the 2 pre-ordered, ones that definitely have buyers, don't have ETA's. How ass backwards is that?
The Following User Says Thank You to Zadkiel For This Useful Post:
StarsGarrador (06-20-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 10:37 AM   #4
Maps316

Drives: Nissan Altima
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zadkiel View Post
Another thing I forgot to mention, for some idiotic reason, the dealer is getting 2 unspoken for Premiums, but the 2 pre-ordered, ones that definitely have buyers, don't have ETA's. How ass backwards is that?
Been hearing that a lot now, some dealers are getting greedy and want a couple of unowned BRZs to sell with mark ups for profit while the predorder people get screwed.

Im number 9 or 10 at my dealer and was told recently my car maybe coming in late June becuase of some huge supply coming in or something, which Im skeptical about
Old 06-18-2012, 11:13 AM   #5
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maps316 View Post
Been hearing that a lot now, some dealers are getting greedy and want a couple of unowned BRZs to sell with mark ups for profit while the predorder people get screwed.

Im number 9 or 10 at my dealer and was told recently my car maybe coming in late June becuase of some huge supply coming in or something, which Im skeptical about

I swear this may be the only time that I've heard of that, instead of building the car the customer requests, they build a bunch and you have to pray that yours fits one of the ones they build. At least it seems that's how they work.

I know I'm about ready to say screw it and buy a 370Z I know I can't really afford. That's the thing about the BRZ, it's affordable and fun. It's just too bad they can't seem to build a car in a reasonable amount of time.
Old 06-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #6
alex124

Drives: Corolla S 2010
Quote:
I swear this may be the only time that I've heard of that, instead of building the car the customer requests, they build a bunch and you have to pray that yours fits one of the ones they build. At least it seems that's how they work.

I know I'm about ready to say screw it and buy a 370Z I know I can't really afford. That's the thing about the BRZ, it's affordable and fun. It's just too bad they can't seem to build a car in a reasonable amount of time.
Making affordable means car company needs to be as efficient as possible. This usually means batch making and not making cars based on custom orders, because custom orders take time and are more expensive.

I'm not trying to support Subaru for their BRZ manufacturing style, and yes, I am still one of those that are waiting for my BRZ, but we just have to be patient because batch making is the way to bring cost down.
alex124 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:21 AM   #7
Exhaust
UCanThrottleMyBody

Drives: 2015 GM 370z Sport
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:

Patience grasshopper.
Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:22 AM   #8
theredtape

Drives: civic,vfr,BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
No idea. I'm wait listed and they're fairly certain my ETA is "October". It's pretty rediculous as it normally takes 6-8 weeks.
I just ordered mine on Saturday from a dealer in NH. They told me 6-12 weeks which puts me in august- September.
theredtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:24 AM   #9
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by theredtape View Post
I just ordered mine on Saturday from a dealer in NH. They told me 6-12 weeks which puts me in august- September.

This just doesn't make any sense. How is it that customers who have had pre-orders since April/May are getting best guess ETAs from SoA that are after new orders ETAs? Anyone have any insight?
The Following User Says Thank You to Zadkiel For This Useful Post:
StarsGarrador (06-20-2012)
Old 06-18-2012, 11:27 AM   #10
theredtape

Drives: civic,vfr,BRZ
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
This just doesn't make any sense. How is it that customers who have had pre-orders since April/May are getting best guess ETAs from SoA that are after new orders ETAs? Anyone have any insight?
I have no idea. I was surprised they told me it would be so soon. Maybe they are not selling as well in the northeast region where I live leaving more up for grabs in the quota.

Maybe they just told me 6-12 weeks and in reality I won't see it till December when it becomes time to put it away for the winter.
theredtape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #11
aethelwulf

Drives: 05 Sti 20g'd
Quote:
It's highly dependent on region. The cars are being allocated by region, so if there is higher demand where you are, it may be a much longer wait. That is why a lot of people have been buying car in the northeast and driving them home.
aethelwulf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 11:44 AM   #12
michaelahess

Drives: '13 GBS BRZ Lim, 2006 Dodge RAM MC
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
I emailed Subaru over this, mine was "supposed" to be here right about now. They say October now even though a dealer in Denver is getting two IDENTICAL to what I ordered. One this week and one next.

Mike Shaw wants 3-5k over MSRP for them, f that. I'll wait a bit longer.

I told Subaru they were very close to loosing a customer for life if they don't straighten up. Everyone else should complain to them as well. Obviously their allotment system is broken or being worked over by the dealers.

They told me flat out they won't re-allocate vehicles between dealers, they expect dealers to trade cars to fill pre-orders, thus making pre-orders a complete myth.
michaelahess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
Zadkiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by aethelwulf View Post
It's highly dependent on region. The cars are being allocated by region, so if there is higher demand where you are, it may be a much longer wait. That is why a lot of people have been buying car in the northeast and driving them home.

Well I live in the northeast region, Pennsylvania more specifically. Batch making is no excuse either. Most other companies do it by order, not batch. Honestly, I may have to consider a different vehicle now.
Old 06-18-2012, 12:14 PM   #14
UncleFester

Drives: BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theredtape View Post
I'm skeptical about you actually receiving one within that time frame, unless they have powers beyond the two dozen dealerships I called about ordering one.

Oh well, I settled on an FRS because of this whole unavailable and overpriced debacle. I have to admit, I am happy I did.
UncleFester is offline   Reply With Quote