follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2016, 10:01 PM   #15
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
Should I go through this forum and pull pics of wrapped roofs, hoods and trunks?
This Scion doesn't look good because they also painted the hood and trunk black but not really low enough so to me it looks like ass.

This is how you do a fucking proper Toyota two-tone @ 0:17

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLKsGT3Q7g4"]1985 トヨタ MR2(AW11)Toyota MR2 - YouTube[/ame]

This is the same idea as what you try to get across with that Eagle Talon.

krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to krayzie For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-22-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 10:08 PM   #16
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by krayzie View Post
This Scion doesn't look good because they also painted the hood and trunk black but not really low enough so to me it looks like ass.

This is how you do a fucking proper Toyota two-tone @ 0:17

This is the same idea as what you try to get across with that Eagle Talon.
The pics of the tC do not do the real car justice since they all seem to be taken from a low angle. The real car actually looks much better with the two tone since I am not 2 feet tall and looking up at them all the time.
Old 07-22-2016, 10:30 PM   #17
mynameisnick4

Drives: Focus RS (10 Series Prior)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by humfrz View Post
Well, that's an aggravating situation..........

How many miles on your car ..??

I don't reckon an overtightened lug nut would cause a noise. I figure you could twist that puppy off and as long as the rest of the lug nuts on that wheel were tight, it still wouldn't make a noise.

A tire rotation is a tire rotation, just take em off and put em back on. A visual brake inspection is usually just a look see deal.

What actually happened is anybody's guess.

I'll guess they bent the tie rod jacking the car up ......

Well, that loaner ain't all that bad ...... at least it keeps the miles off your car.

Please keep us posted.

humfrz
I just rolled over 39k a week ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKz View Post
does the tC have a stick? if so gg im jelly
Nah it's an automatic (like my fr-s.) I think they have a manual version of this car down on the lot. They have had 2 of these tCs since they were released, no one wants them I guess (not surprising lol.)
mynameisnick4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 11:08 PM   #18
shiumai

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ, 2020 C8 Corvette
Thanked 1,893 Times in 787 Posts
Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quote:
Is THAT all ya got .......

humfrz
yeah

lol.
shiumai is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to shiumai For This Useful Post:
humfrz (07-22-2016)
Old 07-22-2016, 11:51 PM   #19
humfrz

Drives: 2013 FR-S, white, MT
Thanked 31,816 Times in 16,425 Posts
Mentioned: 708 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiumai View Post
yeah

lol.
You're a good sport ...there, shiumai .......

humfrz
humfrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
shiumai (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 12:10 AM   #20
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocon View Post
I had a similar situation a month or two ago......................Never would have thought I needed to check to make my lug nuts at a dealership for a routine inspection but there you go. Lesson learned.
Another service shop horror story .......

Like I've said before, during the "free" service period, I always mark the tires and oil filter before I take it in (to make sure they were rotated and the filter was changed) and check the oil level and for any drips under the car, before I drive it off the lot.

Now (after the free services) I take it in to a local auto shop and they let me watch them do the work, so I know it's done right. They are old guys, I'm an old guy, so we talk about the old days while they work.

Wanna here a back-in-the-day story .. ?? I thought not ......

humfrz
Old 07-23-2016, 12:29 AM   #21
humfrz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
........................ I personally like the two tone on some cars since it can make them look lower and sleeker............
Especially like some of the back-in-the-day cars ......

If you don't think this car is perty ..... you're walken in the arguing side of me .....

Yep, equipped with the "power pack" (4 bbl carb, mod heads & cam and dual exhaust) and a 3 speed standard transmission ........ you had a street machine to be reckoned with ......

humfrz - stuck in the 50's ......
Attached Images

Last edited by humfrz; 07-23-2016 at 12:39 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to humfrz For This Useful Post:
SC10N (07-23-2016), Tcoat (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 12:39 AM   #22
Tcoat

Drives: 2020 Hakone
Thanked 108,283 Times in 46,456 Posts
Mentioned: 2495 Post(s)
Tagged: 50 Thread(s)
Quote:
Especially like some of the back-in-the-day cars ......

If you don't think this car is perty ..... you're walken in the arguing side of me .....

Yep, equipped with the "power pack" ( 4 bbl carb and dual exhaust) and a 3 speed standard transmission ........ you had street machine to be reckoned with ......

humfrz - stuck in the 50's ......
Under the 5 or 6 layers of different colour primer there were probably a few square inches left of those same two colours on my 55 Chev!
humfrz (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 01:02 AM   #23
FR-Sky

Drives: 2013 FR-S 10 series [755]
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Your after market might be gone after you get your car back lol

JK =]
FR-Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 11:43 AM   #24
geezerbrzeezer
Geezer

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Sport Tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
'89 Honda CRX Si, a buck twenty on the 401, and a sudden, brief clankity clank that sounds too loud for a tire spitting out a pebble. The oil warning light then pops, and by the time I was able to get three lanes over to the shoulder, seized engine.

They didn't tighten the drain plug during the service the week before. It used one litre per 600km after they fixed the motor. I then fixed them back when I traded for a '92 Acura Integra GSR, oil consumption discussion absent.

Mistakes happen. Be vigilant. No one, no system, is perfect. Think about the oversights any one of us makes while at work. It's life and it just sucks sometimes.
geezerbrzeezer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to geezerbrzeezer For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-23-2016)
Old 07-23-2016, 08:40 PM   #25
gravitylover

Drives: 2013 BRZ Premium 6MT White
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
^ I had a couple of two toned vehicles that I loved, two Toyota FJ55's and an 81 Ford Courier that was hand painted blue and white so it kinda looked like an Israeli flag

Quote:
I had a similar situation a month or two ago at the Scion Dealership in Santa Monica CA where I go in for my 15k checkup. Everything seemed great, it was just a 15k checkup/oil change. I get maybe 5 blocks and I hear this clunking noise from my back right near my wheel well and lots of vibration. Pull over and see that every single lug nut on my back right wheel is loose. I could spin every one with my fingers, two of them had actually fallen out and were lost (they found one but never found the second and had to replace it with just another black one that looks kinda similar to my aftermarket lug)

Call them up and wait 30min on hold, they ask me to drive back which I of course couldn't do as my wheel was near falling off and 2 lug nuts were gone. Wasnt gonna risk damaging my car. Needed to get it towed back and instead of helping me with the tow company they use the chick said I had to call them and scheduled a tow since they dont call for customers.

Get it to the shop, fucking pissed but I try to keep my cool as I am worried there is damage to my car and I want that fixed. Talked to the manager and the tech, was given a rental car while they worked on my car and made sure no damage was done to the wheel, struts or lugs. Told them I wanted to see photos when my wheel was off to make sure there was no damage as I was not about to take there word for it which they assured me they would.

Which of fucking course they didnt do at all. Got a call back the next day to pickup my car. Both managers that worked the previous day and tech conveniently didn't have work that day so had to go through a huge run around with a new manager on duty to get them to jack up up my car, take the wheel off and show me no damage was done.

Thankfully no damage was done but holy fuck was it an awful experience, really nothing was done for me or to make me ever think I could trust these people again and now I am gonna need to be paranoid about checking my lug nuts, my gas gap, my windshield wipers, really anything before I drive off a lot when picking my car up.

Never would have thought I needed to check to make my lug nuts at a dealership for a routine inspection but there you go. Lesson learned.
My wife had a Cherokee Limited and got new tires at the local tire shop. She drove around and did a bunch of stuff that afternoon then when I got home she said it felt terrible by the time she got home. I went out to look at it and two wheels were ready to fall off, one had two lugs left the other had one. In the morning I jacked it up figuring I'd pull one of the ones that was left then go get some new ones and call it good but on all of the studs the threads were mashed from the wobbling. Tire shop said "yeah right, not our fault" so she went over there in my car and cried like a little girl until they sent a tow truck to come and get it. As it was rolling off the flatbed one of the wheels fell off and it crushed the rotor. Morons...
Old 07-23-2016, 09:26 PM   #26
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ac View Post
Well.... Sounds to me like they forgot to torque down a few lugs. The knocking sound could be the wheel just being loose.

Over tighting lugs cause no knocking sound. My guess stand corrected cause they orderd new studs. Cause the losses ones damaged the studs.
Yeah I would guess this is what happened. What annoys me is that they told the OP a different story. When a dealership screws up, fine it happens. But at least have the decency to explain to the customer how they screwed up and do what it takes to make the customer whole. Is it that hard to have a service rep get the story right and take the time to properly explain it to a customer who's understandably worried about his car?

Quote:
Told them I wanted to see photos when my wheel was off to make sure there was no damage as I was not about to take there word for it which they assured me they would.

Which of fucking course they didnt do at all. Got a call back the next day to pickup my car. Both managers that worked the previous day and tech conveniently didn't have work that day so had to go through a huge run around with a new manager on duty to get them to jack up up my car, take the wheel off and show me no damage was done.
Yeah that would annoy me as well. Hate when service providers promise to do something with no real intention of doing it. If you don't want to do something, fine but don't lie and say you will. What ever happened to doing the right thing and treating others with respect...

2022 BRZ Build
2013 FR-S Build
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:47 PM   #27
mynameisnick4

Drives: Focus RS (10 Series Prior)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Small update, I didn't hear anything by lunch so I called them because it was supposed to be done today. Got tossed between 3 different people before being told the part isn't going to be here until tomorrow. Seems kind of odd it's taking 4 days to get a stud even if two of them were weekend days. Guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.
mynameisnick4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 05:00 PM   #28
VIP BRZ

Drives: 2014 Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mynameisnick4 View Post
Small update, I didn't hear anything by lunch so I called them because it was supposed to be done today. Got tossed between 3 different people before being told the part isn't going to be here until tomorrow. Seems kind of odd it's taking 4 days to get a stud even if two of them were weekend days. Guess I'll see what happens tomorrow.
They are ordering wheel studs? any dealership service center should have these..

I just walked into my local Subaru dealership and purchased 5 for ~ $20 this past weekend

Last edited by VIP BRZ; 07-25-2016 at 06:52 PM.
VIP BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote