follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-22-2016, 05:07 PM   #43
BFIFE22

Drives: 2013 GBS BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
When buying my used BRZ I remember the Sales Manager trying to emphasize that they put "brand new high performance tires" on the car. The were made in China tires by Carbon Series. No amount of showing him how cheaply I could buy a set of these tires (less than $200 for a set of 4 new tires) could convince him otherwise lol

When I brought up the fact that these tires were cheap and a budget tire, he replied "That's impossible, not for what I payed for them!" Left the dealership saying if they couldn't match the price I wanted (which was a very fair price), I was purchasing elsewhere, and showed him an ad for a similar BRZ a little further away that I was going to look at. He replied "this car is hot and it won't sit here long"

So he calls and leaves me a voicemail 3 days later saying they are suddenly having used car discounts and he can lower the price of the BRZ to $500 more than what I wanted to pay. When I didn't respond for 2 days, he called back and said he could do the price I wanted.
Old 07-24-2016, 02:11 PM   #44
geezerbrzeezer
Geezer

Drives: 2016 Subaru BRZ Sport Tech
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My BRZ was the first car I bought where I didn't get to call the shots. The price was the price, the trade-in was fucked, and four months later I couldn't be happier. Was I annoyed? Yes.

Until the break in was over and the 86 math equation kicked in:

BRZ + exhaust + paddles + sport mode - traction control = total fuckin' fun.

The dealership wasn't willing to budge to any significant degree. The market spoke, and I respect that.

An aside - as it is that time of the month in our household, our just conducted experiment confirms that black is an excellent seating surface colour choice.
geezerbrzeezer is offline   Reply With Quote