follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-20-2016, 12:51 PM   #43
RichardsFRS

Drives: 2013 Pearl White 6MT
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyrium View Post
Hey all,

I just finished my first FR-S road trip. I had to spend a week in Houston, so I drove my FR-S to and around Houston from Dallas. The gas mileage was great and the car was so comfortable. My parents drove the FR-S for the first time and they were in love. My mom thinks it is the perfect car and she wants one now. My best friend got to drive her and she loved it too. She has a 2013 Club Power Hard Top Miata, but she really liked the FR-S. It is funny how many people complain about the power, but when she drove the FR-S, she was like OMG it has so much power! I am so in love with this car.

Thank You for Reading.
Yes I miata driver might find more power there but if you come out of a power car, seriously the FRS lacks power. It has enough to get the job done for what it was designed for, which isn't power applications, but compared to a car with power, its not very powerful. Then again power is relevant
Summerwolf (07-20-2016)
Old 07-20-2016, 09:21 PM   #44
Pyrium

Drives: Raven 2016 FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardsFRS View Post
Yes I miata driver might find more power there but if you come out of a power car, seriously the FRS lacks power. It has enough to get the job done for what it was designed for, which isn't power applications, but compared to a car with power, its not very powerful. Then again power is relevant
Used to have a Coyote Mustang and a Corvette, I know what power is, I just prefer lightweight balanced cars.
Pyrium is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Pyrium For This Useful Post:
darthpnoy1984 (07-21-2016), humfrz (07-21-2016), Ultramaroon (07-21-2016)
Old 08-01-2016, 05:51 PM   #45
Fishbed77

Drives: 2013 FR-S 6MT Whiteout
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
As mentioned earlier in this thread, I came from a 4th gen Z28 (with 5.7 liter LT1): http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showp...9&postcount=23

I have also driven plenty of cars with much higher performance on paper (various Corvettes, Mustangs, Cayman S, 944 Turbo S, Firebird WS6, etc., etc.) The FR-S doesn't feel underpowered compared to any of those cars. Perhaps its performance on paper doesn't appear as impressive, but every bit of the driving excitement is there.

Thinking back through the years, you know what one of the most exciting cars I've ever driven is? A bone-stock 1989 Ford Probe GT (with 2.2 liter Turbo) - a car that is all but forgotten by the enthusiast community. It's performance on paper is laughable from today's perspective, but a combination of things (dang good FWD handling, steering light years beyond most mainstream American cars, low ride height, a great gearbox, and crazy turbo lag compared with an very non-linear throttle response and a turbo onslaught that would lift passengers feet of the floor) made for a thrilling ride.
Fishbed77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2016, 08:25 PM   #46
g e

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Find some mountain roads to drive and report back.

This last Saturday after taking care of errands I see the north Georgia mountains on the horizon and think, "why not?" I don't have a hard deadline nor do I have a passenger.

So I spent 4 hours checking out the trail. The stretch from the Suches area up Blood Mountain was incredible. Not much traffic for a summer Saturday. Popcorn storms scared them off I guess. I was lucky and had dry road until I came down out of the mountains

It wasn't as demanding as Tail of the Dragon but it does demand 100% focus.

Lots more fun than freeway on ramps!
g e is offline   Reply With Quote