follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 05-17-2023, 01:02 PM   #43
gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
https://www.tacoma4g.com/forum/threa...onfirmed.1296/

Quote:
"Are you ready? The all-new 2024 #Tacoma will make its world debut on May 19th at 1:30 a.m. ET. See you at the top! ⛰ #TacoTuesday #LetsGoPlaces"
gymratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2023, 08:50 PM   #44
soundman98
ProCrastinationConsultant

Drives: '14 Ranger, '18 Tacoma 4Dr LB
Thanked 13,673 Times in 6,781 Posts
Mentioned: 98 Post(s)
what a blatantly failed marketing opportunity to reveal it on any day other than a tuesday.
Old 05-18-2023, 12:49 PM   #45
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT, 2017 BMW X1
Thanked 2,223 Times in 1,205 Posts
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
what a blatantly failed marketing opportunity to reveal it on any day other than a tuesday.
Yeah that was a missed opportunity.
Sasquachulator is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sasquachulator For This Useful Post:
soundman98 (05-18-2023)
Old 05-18-2023, 11:02 PM   #46
TylerLieberman

Drives: '24 GR86
Thanked 3,343 Times in 1,576 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Busy out and about right now but Toyota USA and other sources have all the photos of the car already posted with more info on specs and trims. It was leaked earlier this morning I think.
TylerLieberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 12:46 AM   #47
gymratter

Drives: BMW
Thanked 1,825 Times in 952 Posts
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
gymratter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 07:52 AM   #48
mn_ca

Drives: 2013 frs, 2005 is300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'm in love with this 4th generation Tacoma. I still have my 03' Tacoma but may consider this in a couple years.
mn_ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2023, 11:08 AM   #49
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Im not a truck guy but this thing looks pretty badass.

People complaining about rear seat space lol.
Its a midsize truck, you have only so much room to play with lol.

Its like everyone who complains about a compact car not having midsize/fullsize interior dimensions.....I understand if you're a tall giant but cmon...its a smaller vehicle, its going to be small and SHOULD be small.
Not everything needs to size up to fit the fatties.....
But then again anything TNGA related seems to have compromised interior space one way or another.

Seems like they addressed the one big thing i hear about this truck all the time...the awkward seating position. I kind of remember it being a bit oddball, Almost down on the floor and fairly upright. They raised the seat about an inch and the roof an inch too, so everything got pushed upwards.
Old 05-20-2023, 03:08 PM   #50
soundman98

lol @ the 3 factory auxiliary switch options on a 4-space panel. just triggers my OCD.

really curious on the 'available 4-link system'. the rear disc brake option is another big market thing lots of people complained about

i like that the 120v outlet is now capable up to 2400w. now things can actually be ran off it for once.

i like that the dash switch exists for headlamp adjustment, i use it all the time on my car.

juries out on the 4cyl turbo. the hybrid option stands a good chance, but i think there's going to be a lot of complaints about moving to such a small motor for use in a truck.

the big part they're vague about is the manual transmission availability. past models, that wasn't available in the 4-dr long-bed, which had a longer frame than any of the other models.

i'm glad i got the truck i got simply to avoid the power rear tailgate, lcd gauge assembly, and 'tablet taped to the dash' parts. but i'll be keeping an eye on the resale market for what parts are directly transferrable to the gen3 with the rear 4-link/discs, rear cab 'spoiler', the power outlet
Old 05-21-2023, 12:24 AM   #51
Sasquachulator
Pavement Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by soundman98 View Post
lol @ the 3 factory auxiliary switch options on a 4-space panel. just triggers my OCD.

really curious on the 'available 4-link system'. the rear disc brake option is another big market thing lots of people complained about

i like that the 120v outlet is now capable up to 2400w. now things can actually be ran off it for once.

i like that the dash switch exists for headlamp adjustment, i use it all the time on my car.

juries out on the 4cyl turbo. the hybrid option stands a good chance, but i think there's going to be a lot of complaints about moving to such a small motor for use in a truck.

the big part they're vague about is the manual transmission availability. past models, that wasn't available in the 4-dr long-bed, which had a longer frame than any of the other models.

i'm glad i got the truck i got simply to avoid the power rear tailgate, lcd gauge assembly, and 'tablet taped to the dash' parts. but i'll be keeping an eye on the resale market for what parts are directly transferrable to the gen3 with the rear 4-link/discs, rear cab 'spoiler', the power outlet
Eh the 4 banger turbo shouldnt be an issue.
It makes roughly the same HP as the outgoing V6 but a ton more torque, especially down low which as far as i remember the V6 was lacking in due to its high strung nature. The motor is used in the new NX350 so you can get somewhat of an idea of its fuel economy (which should be much better) and how it fares in that application.

As far as the stick, im just gonna assume its available where the gas engine is available (up to TRD Pro trim I think, TRD Off road and Trailhunter are hybrid only) so with all configurations available with those. until they tell us otherwise.
Old 05-21-2023, 09:55 AM   #52
soundman98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sasquachulator View Post
Eh the 4 banger turbo shouldnt be an issue.
It makes roughly the same HP as the outgoing V6 but a ton more torque, especially down low which as far as i remember the V6 was lacking in due to its high strung nature. The motor is used in the new NX350 so you can get somewhat of an idea of its fuel economy (which should be much better) and how it fares in that application.

As far as the stick, im just gonna assume its available where the gas engine is available (up to TRD Pro trim I think, TRD Off road and Trailhunter are hybrid only) so with all configurations available with those. until they tell us otherwise.
the 4cyl turbo is likely going to get the same complaints that the ford eco-boost f150 got.

it'll get great economy in 'grandpa mode' when one's feathering it in the mall, but get worse than v8 economy when trying tow due to the nature of boost.

enough to meet the EPA test requirements, but horrific in real world for anyone that actually uses the truck, or has a heavy foot.

i've got no major issues with the v6. it's somewhat hampered by the factory tune, and the dual intake tracts that change over at 3,500 rpm lead to some odd acceleration characteristics. many have reported changing the diffs to 5.29 gears does wonders for the motor over the stock 3.9 gearing, which seems to be the main issue-- it's geared ultra high to meet a specific drive cycle requirement