follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 12-13-2019, 11:38 AM   #15
Sapphireho
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Drives: '15 ultramarine
Thanked 18,247 Times in 8,614 Posts
Mentioned: 155 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmo View Post
Especially in California that already has rolling brown/blackouts now due to electricity shortages.
Interesting. I'm a native Californian and lived there for 55 years 11 months, up until this July, and never once in my life experienced rolling blackouts due to electricity shortages.

Power companies are cutting power now to prevent wildfires in response to being blamed for past wildfires, and being sued for billions.

But I guess that it a bit off topic.

I like the suburban.
Sapphireho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 11:52 AM   #16
Atmo

Drives: TBA
Thanked 1,123 Times in 586 Posts
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dadhawk View Post
So...reading the article it says "Colorado will require that 5 percent of sellable inventory be ZEVs in 2023 and that moves up to 6 percent in 2025. "

Does that mean that if I have 100 cars on the lot, 5 of them have to be ZEVs but I don't have to actually sell them? That seems pretty workable to me. I put 5 cars on my lot, rotate the rest of the stock and I'm good to go.

That would be way too easy. It looks like the CARB reg the other states reference is primarily going after manufacturers with production mandates and dealer sales objectives. I imagine Mojave fields full of unsold ZEV's by 2025.

"In January 2012, CARB formally adopted the Advanced Clean Cars program that reinstalled more substantial and more long-term requirements for the deployment of electric-drive vehicles at over 10% of new vehicle sales by 2025. To reinforce the ZEV program, Governor Brown issued Executive Order B-16-2012 in March of that year, which directed California to “encourage the development and success of zero-emission vehicles to protect the environment, stimulate economic growth and improve the quality of life in the State.” The Governor’s Executive Order sets a long-term target of reaching 1.5 million ZEVs on California’s roadways by 2025."

https://www.transportpolicy.net/stan...alifornia-zev/
Atmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2019, 01:27 PM   #17
Dadhawk
1st86 Driver!

Drives: '13 FR-S (#3 of 1st 86)
Thanked 24,939 Times in 11,376 Posts
Mentioned: 182 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmo View Post
That would be way too easy.
Ha, yea I figured, but in the end the requirement is they produce the cars in a certain ratio, but they can't force folks to buy them. Of course, before the dealers dump them in the desert they'll basically give them away, which then helps fuel the perception that the unwashed masses actually want them.

Interesting also that it isn't really a percentage because cars with longer ranges count as more than one car and low range hybrids count as 0.5 of a car, at least according to this article. This, again, is playing with the statistics to make it look better than it really is.

In the end, even in CA, they don't seem to have a delusion that we'll be all-electric anytime soon.

Visit my Owner's Journal where I wax philosophic on all things FR-S
Post your 86 or see others in front of a(n) (in)famous landmark.
What fits in your 86? Show us the "Junk In Your Trunk".
Dadhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Dadhawk For This Useful Post:
why? (12-14-2019)