follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 12-01-2011, 01:14 AM   #267
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
The taillights LOOK different in the first page pics..but i'm pretty sure it's just low lighting from the rear that makes them looked smoked...unfortunately.

Seeing what they've changed/removed doesn't surprise me one bit..it's scion after all.

I for one am more looking forward more to the BRZ, coming from a wrx and sti.

Being in Canada, What i'm NOT looking forward to about the BRZ is the poor Subaru Dealer network, Service experience, and the Awful financing rates Subaru has on anything "premium".. Even if both cars (FRS-BRZ)were the SAME price, The subaru would end up being $2000 more because of APR's . Is it the same in the US?

no subie plays much more fair in the US compared to each. our mark up is usually like 4k+ compared to them.

well from talking to Scion richmond if we get a few people to buy at the same time he will give us discounts on options but not the car which in this case might work out a lot better now
Old 12-01-2011, 01:14 AM   #268
Buggy51

Drives: Put Put
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quan View Post
just came back from the unveiling. FREE STUFF!
Any good swag? Pics please
Buggy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:16 AM   #269
CSOCSO

Drives: Scion Tc
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDub View Post
Ok dude. We get it, you have a huge hardon for Scion and don't give a fuck about any of the missing options. You're calling all of us ignorant who want the same options shown in the Japanese model in the US model. Is it too much to ask? You ever walked out to a frost covered car in the morning when its only like 40 degrees to drive to work? Heated seats are nice.

Get over it.

Thanks
I dont have hard on from the scion... but you guys acting stupid
Saying shit about scion WHILE you guys don't even know the brand.
Half of the thing you guys crying about will be in the accessories book.
The car will be cheaper and then you can add anything you want and make it freaking luxurious.

The only big let down is the HVAC... BUT the you guys are again crying about it over the form not the function. Most of us dont care about dual zone a/c

We had car with heated seat 20 years ago... it was working good until it broke. Plus its heavy and more $$$ and still dont get it why you crying about heated seat in a car like this.... get a lexus!
CSOCSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:17 AM   #270
Enzie

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
CSOCSO for president of ft86club hater bashing committee!
Enzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #271
4point8
Waiting patiently

Drives: a slow car :(
Wow, heaps of people going crazy over the interior and exhaust tips etc etc... If they offered this in Aus, i'd be more than happy (assuming an appropriate price of course )

The head unit is... ... BUT I wouldn't care, the first mod i'll probably end up doing is putting in an aftermarket unit;
As for the tips, it won't be too long before the stock exhaust goes anyway, but if you can't wait, buy some exhaust tips?
The AC controls look fine to me...
Hard to comment on the fit and finish from a photo;
And the clock is pretty bad lol, oh well, can't win em all :P

Yeah the interior is pretty simple, but isn't that the idea? Keep the focus on the driving experience
4point8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:18 AM   #272
CSOCSO

is this only new to me?:
trunk button on the left below steering wheel

Old 12-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #273
mr e poo

Drives: Lotus Elise
Does the Scion look lower that the Toyota/Subaru versions to anyone else? is it just the angle or is it just me?
mr e poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:19 AM   #274
CoryUyede
NisSubuGuru?

Drives: 2011 Subaru WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
no subie plays much more fair in the US compared to each. our mark up is usually like 4k+ compared to them.

well from talking to Scion richmond if we get a few people to buy at the same time he will give us discounts on options but not the car which in this case might work out a lot better now

Let's keep in touch!..lol

I live in North Van, but i'd happily make the drive to deal with an Open road dealer over a Jim Pattison.
CoryUyede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #275
pastuch

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoryUyede View Post
The taillights LOOK different in the first page pics..but i'm pretty sure it's just low lighting from the rear that makes them looked smoked...unfortunately.

Seeing what they've changed/removed doesn't surprise me one bit..it's scion after all.

I for one am more looking forward more to the BRZ, coming from a wrx and sti.

Being in Canada, What i'm NOT looking forward to about the BRZ is the poor Subaru Dealer network, Service experience, and the Awful financing rates Subaru has on anything "premium".. Even if both cars (FRS-BRZ)were the SAME price, The subaru would end up being $2000 more because of APR's . Is it the same in the US?
You're delusional. I won't be surprised if the Scion is $7000 cheaper than the BRZ at retail because Subaru overprices their cars in Canada more than any other manufacturer. The average markup of a Subaru in Canada over the USA is almost 40%.

Everyone that wants an 86 in Canada is buying an FRS unless you like wasting your money.
pastuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #276
Brody8877
Lurker

Drives: 93 Mazda RX-7
Garage
If I was looking for a track car, I dont care for the Auto HVAC, Led headlamps, Heated seats, cheap interior, because of most of that shit is gonna get stripped and caged. + its cheaper

But if I were to trade in my DD I would go for the BRZ that is just me.
Brody8877 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:20 AM   #277
CSOCSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4point8 View Post
Wow, heaps of people going crazy over the interior and exhaust tips etc etc... If they offered this in Aus, i'd be more than happy (assuming an appropriate price of course )

The head unit is... ... BUT I wouldn't care, the first mod i'll probably end up doing is putting in an aftermarket unit;
As for the tips, it won't be too long before the stock exhaust goes anyway, but if you can't wait, buy some exhaust tips?
The AC controls look fine to me...
Hard to comment on the fit and finish from a photo;
And the clock is pretty bad lol, oh well, can't win em all :P

Yeah the interior is pretty simple, but isn't that the idea? Keep the focus on the driving experience
YESS!!! actually they can keep the exhaust and the HU just let me keep some money pls actually give me steelies and keep the wheels too!
Old 12-01-2011, 01:21 AM   #278
boostcreep
Danger to Manifold

Drives: C5Z / NA Miata
Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberFormula View Post
We have to trust each other on the forum...

that's why there will be DIY threads.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Yep, want something done right, then DIY.

Yes but judging by the caliber of some of the posters on here I'd be wary of whose DIY advice I follow.

At this point though it seems like every thread is going to be about how to retro fit LEDs, squeeze a toaster oven under the seats, cut the springs and fit 19s with 30 series tires, or wire in a push button that starts the car while gently massaging your bawls.
boostcreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #279
willy213

Drives: scion
WTF SCION!!! How am I suppose to fit my BIG GULP 7/11 cup on those small cup holders!! That does it for me! I cant buy this car because of its small cup holders.

-end sarcasm
willy213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2011, 01:22 AM   #280
Quan

Drives: 1997 Acura Integra Gsr
86 badge flash drives, shirt, hat, a bunch of bs cd's
Quan is offline   Reply With Quote