follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 09-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #1
brbrz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Denver to Baton Rouge Trip - 1900 miles report

On September 13th I picked up my Dark Grey Metallic BRZ from Shortline Subaru in Aurora Colorado. Four days and 1900 miles later I arrived home in Baton Rouge. This was my first trip west of Dallas and first time in the mountains. Colorado was amazing.

A friend of mine agreed to come along and help me drive the car home. Thursday evening was spent around the Denver area and the real fun started the next day.

Friday morning we drove to Golden, CO to visit the guys at Yetti before driving up into the mountains. On our way into the mountains we stopped in Minturn, CO for a snack at Sticky Fingers cafe ( https://www.facebook.com/StickyFingersMinturn ). It is a great little shop run by some really good people. We ended up in Snowmass by the end of the day. Driving this car in the mountains was an awesome experience. Even with the 4K RPM limit we still had loads of fun on the down hill. Driving above 9,000 feet was interesting, if the revs dipped below 3K I would not be able to maintain speed would have to downshift.

On Saturday we began making our way home via Santa Fe and Albuquerque ending up in Oklahoma City. It was a long day of driving, especially with having to constantly vary speed for the break in. By the end of the day the break in was down.

Sunday was a relatively easy ten hour drive into Baton Rouge.

The car performed excellently the entire trip.
I averaged 31 to 32 mpg over the 1900 miles.

The only issues I have to report are one already experienced by many others.

* Cricket noise from the high pressure fuel pump, which is louder than I expected it to be.
* Burning smell which went away after about 300 miles.
* Occasional rattle from the rear deck on rough roads.
* The nav is terrible

Today the car has just over 2,000 miles on it and I cannot wait to put more on.
brbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to brbrz For This Useful Post:
@Art_Mighty (09-23-2012), KEV-FRS (09-23-2012), Mitch (09-23-2012)
Old 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #2
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Very nice! I had to go to NH for mine. I'd love to meet up some time. We may have the only BRZs in red stick.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:34 PM   #3
brbrz

Drives: 2013 BRZ Limited DGM
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
Very nice! I had to go to NH for mine. I'd love to meet up some time. We may have the only BRZs in red stick.
So far I have not seen another BRZ in BR. I have seen a black fr-s and a red fr-s though. Let me know when you want to get together, I'm down by Highland and Bluebonnet. Maybe grab some food at Perkins Rowe?
brbrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #4
invaliduser

Drives: 2017 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Red frs here in pville
invaliduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch View Post
they got a limited in silver right now at nashua,nh. subaru!.it's around 29k been sittin' for a while! nobody wants it! too much dough! .hot damn! all the way up here for a car? long ass drive!..hope ya have fun with it!
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:16 AM   #6
Mitch
form follows function

Drives: RIP '13 BRZ
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
they got a limited in silver right now at nashua,nh. subaru!.it's around 29k been sittin' for a while! nobody wants it! too much dough! .hot damn! all the way up here for a car? long ass drive!..hope ya have fun with it!
Manchester Subaru sells BRZs for MSRP, so that's insane. I have friends all up and down the eastern seaboard, so the whole five day trip was a giant reunion of sorts, plus I got to drive the tail of thre dragon. And my housemate went with me, so I never got bored on the longer sections of driving. We still bring up my missing a turn (the GPS then auto corrected) and ending up in the heart of DC during rush hour when we were supposed to be 100 miles west of there.
Mitch is offline   Reply With Quote