follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 10-24-2019, 12:50 AM   #1
Glitchy86

Drives: Red 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
APEXI N1 EVO-R CATBACK

I'm in the market to get a catback and the Apexi N1 Evo-R cought my attention. I like how it sound and looks but sadly can't seem to find a lot of info about it.

I was wondering if u have one or know someone that has it, how loud is the catback? Is it Invidia N1 loud or is it more chill than that? And how is the build quality and installation?

It's my DD car so I don't want something that is obnoxiously loud but I want something louder than stock for sure

Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Glitchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:20 PM   #2
Shizuka

Drives: 2018 BRZ PP (Modified)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Has a similar shape to the GReddy EVO and there's no Helmholtz resonator so I'm guessing it would be pretty loud. Never heard an Apexi exhaust in person on a BRZ though so no idea.

Looks like Evasive has it though so maybe they'd know: https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...rs-subaru-brz/
Shizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 03:58 PM   #3
cgant5

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series
I have the evo-r and it sounds amazing, very deep and throaty. It is definitely on the loud side for sure. I have uel headers and a front pipe which also contributes to the volume. Quality is top notch in my opinion, and install was as easy as any other catback. I may be looking to go single exit soon though.....
cgant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:08 PM   #4
Glitchy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shizuka View Post
Has a similar shape to the GReddy EVO and there's no Helmholtz resonator so I'm guessing it would be pretty loud. Never heard an Apexi exhaust in person on a BRZ though so no idea.

Looks like Evasive has it though so maybe they'd know: https://www.evasivemotorsports.com/s...rs-subaru-brz/
I really wanted the GReddy evo but it hangs very low and I'll scraping everywhere when I saw the Apexi and saw it wasn't hanging as low as the Greddy I got interested.

Thanks.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:16 PM   #5
Glitchy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgant5 View Post
I have the evo-r and it sounds amazing, very deep and throaty. It is definitely on the loud side for sure. I have uel headers and a front pipe which also contributes to the volume. Quality is top notch in my opinion, and install was as easy as any other catback. I may be looking to go single exit soon though.....
That sounds good. Btw how bad do u scrape if any? My car is on the trd lowering springs

Thanks.

Old 10-25-2019, 04:22 PM   #6
cgant5

Drives: 2013 FRS 10 Series
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitchy86 View Post
That sounds good. Btw how bad do u scrape if any? My car is on the trd lowering springs

I am on coilovers, lowered about 1-1.5 inches, I've only scraped it once in a super sketch alley with huge potholes and bumps. That was one of the reasons I went with the evo-r as well. It definitely seems to sit higher than some of the others out there.
cgant5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #7
Glitchy86

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgant5 View Post
I am on coilovers, lowered about 1-1.5 inches, I've only scraped it once in a super sketch alley with huge potholes and bumps. That was one of the reasons I went with the evo-r as well. It definitely seems to sit higher than some of the others out there.
That's what I like to hear. Thanks u helped me a lot.