follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 04-21-2011, 04:13 PM   #701
Jordo!
Enjoy it, destroy it.

Drives: Datsun Racing Hen
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Ugh.

The Scion rep was a tool and the generic heavy metal music was overdone.

Oh well. That's the "scion" brand for you.

Anyway, thanks for the vid and pics -- can't wait until this car is available
Jordo! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:36 PM   #702
JohnnyR

Drives: 04 Evo 8
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyde01 View Post
not necessarily true. they've got F22Cs making almost 300 hp n/a to the wheels with great torque curves. we're talkin crazy$$$ though and some expert head porting and ecu tuning.

edit: wow those photoshops are siiick. really diggin the gunmetal grey
You're talking about doing a stroker kit though, as that's where the 22c came from was Honda increasing stroke of the F20, and that's big money and smoked warranties heh. But yeah, I'm sure it can be done, and as usual with cars, how fast you want to go directly equates to the money in your pocket.

To obtain 300hp NA from a 145hp base motor (usable power range is really hard to predict, but torque is decent with a boxer), which I'm going to assume (perhaps hope is a better word heh) is going to be around 200hp stock, unless there is a LOT of power tied up in the ECU, it's going to be either all the bolt-ons and tunes you can get + spray, or probably a stroker + cams in which I would not look forward to installing cams on this lol. I'm spoiled by my old V-8s and older 4G63 in this regard with installs.

The photoshops are nice, I'm torn on color for this. IF they'd do the same red then I'd be all about it, and would pay a couple hundred bucks more for it as an option. If not, I'll probably go either White and get the roof and trunk done in black, or if the blue is gorgeous I'll consider that. I think it's time for them to make a new and improved Royal Sapphire Blue Pearl!
JohnnyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:55 PM   #703
Franisco

Drives: D31a
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordo! View Post
Ugh.

The Scion rep was a tool and the generic heavy metal music was overdone.

Oh well. That's the "scion" brand for you.

Anyway, thanks for the vid and pics -- can't wait until this car is available
+1
Franisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:56 PM   #704
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
300 N/A would mean cams, probably high comp pistons, full bolt-ons and be less streetable than a simple bolt-on turbo setup. I'll go with 300 on boost before I do all that just to get 300 N/A. Just be sure I don't add a boost controller, cause more HP is only a few clicks away rather than needing to install an entire N20 system.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:15 PM   #705
Chewy

Drives: Corolla GT-S, Impreza Type-L
Very nice photoshop pics. I'm liking the blue and gold. Then again they all look good. I think I'll have to lean towards the white.
Chewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:19 PM   #706
old greg
Rocket Surgeon

Drives: PSM GGA OMG
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
You won't be able to stroke any of the FB motors. They're already at their limits from the factory, heck they're past their limit (see the asymmetrical conrods). The hot ticket for more displacement is going to be a block swap from a FB25 and some oversized pistons. Crank, conrods, accessories etc. will all be interchangable, and the extra displacement ought to be good for 20-40 ftlbs everywhere depending on how well the heads flow.

S2000 folks spend craptons of money to get to 2.6 liters. We'll be at 2.5 for pocket change.

Failing that, bolt up an EJ257. The bellhousing pattern is the same, and I'll bet good money that the flywheel bolt pattern is the same as well. Get some exhaust/IC plumbing welded up and you're all set for 450 rwhp on stock internals.
old greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:20 PM   #707
dunnojack

Drives: pinto

HEY SCION VP !!! if you're reading online forums............. as you said in your presentation...... lemme just say-

If you don't carry over the same wheelbase and overall FR-S exterior body to the production model, I will boycott this car.

Bumper modifications are allowed.

dunnojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:42 PM   #708
cyde01
ft86club resident b-boy

Drives: Yamaha R3, moonslate 2018 GT Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
You're talking about doing a stroker kit though, as that's where the 22c came from was Honda increasing stroke of the F20, and that's big money and smoked warranties heh. But yeah, I'm sure it can be done, and as usual with cars, how fast you want to go directly equates to the money in your pocket.
all bolt-ons, stroker kit, raised compression, expert head porting, cams, itbs, balanced and blue printed bottom end, VTC kit, expert ecu tuning if you want to use street gas and avoid knock. so yeah, BIG money and the warranty would be out the door a long time ago.
cyde01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:52 PM   #709
VenomRush
Thee O-ri-gi-na-tor

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunnojack View Post

HEY SCION VP !!! if you're reading online forums............. as you said in your presentation...... lemme just say-

If you don't carry over the same wheelbase and overall FR-S exterior body to the production model, I will boycott this car.

Bumper modifications are allowed.

VenomRush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:19 PM   #710
Crashoverride
here, there, any where

Drives: FR-S SOON!!!
Well me and Dragon are all over making this 300, looks like we will be the test mules in the mod market..Hum... now to just find a shop to do it, I know I can manderl bend custom striaght pipes at my house...( no emissions where I live..)
Crashoverride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:41 PM   #711
rdhslu9972

Drives: toycar
3 Concepts +1

Last week or two pictures were released of an all black concept at a photo shoot. It looked more like the old 2000GT but is different from the concepts released. What was that car meant to do. A second concept for Toyota. Just seems weird.
rdhslu9972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:54 PM   #712
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark View Post
300hp NA from original 2.0L 145hp is too optimistic even with exhaust and header, air intake, ECU tuned, and ermmm sticker, which adds 15hp().
I never said that the FT-86 NA would get 300hp from it. You read my post completely wrong. I was saying I would rather have a 300hp NA engine over a 300 hp engine with a turbo. I would rather have a 400hp NA engine over a 400 hp engine with a turbo. I would rather have a 500hp NA engine over a 500 hp engine with a turbo. I would rather have a 200hp NA engine over a 200 hp engine with a turbo. Get it? All else being equal I would rather have a NA engine with the same power than a turbo engine with the same power. Now if you are talking about a 200hp NA engine vs. a 350hp turbo engine, now we start having a discussion and dilemma. Got it?
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #713
tranzformer
Delights in pure handling

Drives: Zoom Zoom
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyR View Post
IF they'd do the same red then I'd be all about it, and would pay a couple hundred bucks more for it as an option.

Shuuuuuuush!!! Don't let Scion/Toyota know that you would pay more for a standard color.
tranzformer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #714
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
I hope they offer the Mark I red too, that's a unique Red and who would of thought they got the color idea from a monkey too.
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote