follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides

DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Guides For all DIYs.

User Tag List

Old 11-19-2020, 12:17 AM   #1
timfleur

Drives: 2017 toyota GT 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cheap Oil catch can DIY Install

i didnat want to buy the super expensive catch can that people usually buy. Im on a budget and found from reviews that this ebay catch can works just fine. This catch can costs $23.88. better then paying hundreds.

All you need for this install is.

1. Oil catch can $23.88 ebay
2. some hose clamps $5.25 ebay
3. tank mount bracket $14.50 amazon
3. 1/2 and 5/16 heater or fuel hose (you can get this anywhere online or at your local auto parts store)

The hardest part of this install in finding where to mount it. i found the perfect spot in the engine bay. I did not even have to drill any holes.

in the back of the engine bay near the steering column you will see a rubber grommet remove that and you will have clearance to use a premade hole to mount the brack to.

use the existing bolt you see sticking out that a plastic clip is attached to. remove the clip and move the wire out of the way. mount your bracket on that bolt.
fish a bolt inside the hole to get it through the other side then just put a nut on the other side.

Use this video to see where your hoses need to go.

You will need an additional big hose clamp that fits around the catch can to hold it in place.

links to products

Bracket
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

hose clamps
https://www.ebay.com/itm/10pc-Hose-C...72.m2749.l2648

catch can
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Aluminu...72.m2749.l2648

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
timfleur is offline   Reply With Quote