follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > Northern California

Northern California NorCal

User Tag List

Old 06-12-2016, 10:06 PM   #1
treminaor
"DGM BRZ"

Drives: 2016 BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Anybody near the 925 area?

Any 86ers regularly in the Concord/Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill area? Any regular meetups?

I was at the Summer Kickoff yesterday in Livermore but there were so many people there it was total overload for me haha. Lots of nameless faces and not many seemed interested in meeting new people.
treminaor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to treminaor For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (06-15-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 11:35 PM   #2
B 86

Drives: Limited WRB Subaru BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey Treminaor! I'm from that area as well. Only meet ups I know of are in Livermore or Napa. Would be awesome to get some by us. In & Out in Pleasant Hill by DVC would be a good place for meet ups 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
B 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B 86 For This Useful Post:
treminaor (06-13-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 11:36 PM   #3
treminaor
"DGM BRZ"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by B 86 View Post
Hey Treminaor! I'm from that area as well. Only meet ups I know of are in Livermore or Napa. Would be awesome to get some by us. In & Out in Pleasant Hill by DVC would be a good place for meet ups 😁

Yeah I used to see a lot of car meets when I was going to DVC. I'd love to get together if there are a few more of us!
Old 06-12-2016, 11:41 PM   #4
xero404

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
I'm in Concord as well. Sometimes the east bay meets have been held near pieologie in pleasant hill. I'd love to start something local as well.
xero404 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to xero404 For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (06-15-2016), treminaor (06-13-2016)
Old 06-12-2016, 11:44 PM   #5
B 86

Drives: Limited WRB Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by treminaor View Post
Yeah I used to see a lot of car meets when I was going to DVC. I'd love to get together if there are a few more of us!

I've seen a lot of twins around our area. Hopefully quite a few are on here and we can get something going!

B 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2016, 12:55 AM   #6
StayPuft209

Drives: Firestorm FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Any 86ers regularly in the Concord/Walnut Creek/Pleasant Hill area? Any regular meetups?

I was at the Summer Kickoff yesterday in Livermore but there were so many people there it was total overload for me haha. Lots of nameless faces and not many seemed interested in meeting new people.
You present a good point Treminaor. I think many ppl are just comfortable with the ppl they hang out with. I personally went alone to summer kickoff with literally no acquaintances. I knew no one but that is why I chose to go alone. To meet new ppl/enthusiasts. And indeed I did. Many of them were from Sac and I'm from Stockton but still I knew none. The event presented me with an opportunity to meet ppl and I did. So it's just a matter of preference or initiative.
StayPuft209 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to StayPuft209 For This Useful Post:
PMok (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 12:58 AM   #7
Pish
#teamswagoi

Drives: 2014 Raven FR-S Monogram
Mentioned: 91 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quote:

Should of spoke to me! I love meeting people; at the same time I was slaving away with the others putting food on the table for everyone haha, didn't get much time to chat with people as much as I wanted to.

Pish is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Pish For This Useful Post:
PMok (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 01:42 AM   #8
PMok
Codename: Stitch

Drives: 91 MR2; 06 IS350; 16 BRZ; 18 CX-5
Thanked 5,436 Times in 2,307 Posts
Mentioned: 462 Post(s)
Tagged: 6 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pish View Post
Should of spoke to me! I love meeting people; at the same time I was slaving away with the others putting food on the table for everyone haha, didn't get much time to chat with people as much as I wanted to.

Same here, I love to meet new members, that's the point of having a club isn't it? Maybe for that reason every year I get stationed at the registration table; I take pride that I know/remember a lot of the people who came through. So in a sense I got to meet everybody at the meet, but the downside is I barely got any time to actually look at all the sweet cars in the parking lot. And not really talk in depth with club members that day. Any other meet though, I try to be sociable, but it definitely takes some effort.

East Bay meets take place every Thursday, whenever we can agree on a spot to hold the meet ... Trevor @MisterSheep is the host most of the time, whenever he can make it. I try to make it out as well when not too busy. But the East Bay is a big place, and sometimes it's in Fremont, sometimes in San Ramon, sometimes in Pleasant Hill. Throw Dublin, Alameda and Castro Valley in there somewhere too... if you find a group of guys who are willing to meet on a regular basis closer to you in the 925 by all means go for it.
Old 06-13-2016, 01:47 AM   #9
treminaor
"DGM BRZ"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PMok View Post
Same here, I love to meet new members, that's the point of having a club isn't it? Maybe for that reason every year I get stationed at the registration table; I take pride that I know/remember a lot of the people who came through. So in a sense I got to meet everybody at the meet, but the downside is I barely got any time to actually look at all the sweet cars in the parking lot. And not really talk in depth with club members that day. Any other meet though, I try to be sociable, but it definitely takes some effort.

East Bay meets take place every Thursday, whenever we can agree on a spot to hold the meet ... Trevor @MisterSheep is the host most of the time, whenever he can make it. I try to make it out as well when not too busy. But the East Bay is a big place, and sometimes it's in Fremont, sometimes in San Ramon, sometimes in Pleasant Hill. Throw Dublin, Alameda and Castro Valley in there somewhere too... if you find a group of guys who are willing to meet on a regular basis closer to you in the 925 by all means go for it.
I've seen his meetup threads and almost went to the last one in CV but I couldn't make it. I'll check it out next time

And yeah I would love if there were some people who actually live close to 925 and want to hang.
MisterSheep (06-15-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 01:58 AM   #10
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: GR Corolla
Thanked 3,017 Times in 1,859 Posts
Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
We have our 707 meets every now and then. You're more than welcome to attend if it's not too far from you. lol
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kaotic Lazagna For This Useful Post:
PMok (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 02:01 AM   #11
treminaor
"DGM BRZ"

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaotic Lazagna View Post
We have our 707 meets every now and then. You're more than welcome to attend if it's not too far from you. lol
Much appreciated for the invite! 707 is a bit too far north for me to make regularly though.
Kaotic Lazagna (06-13-2016)
Old 06-13-2016, 03:07 AM   #12
infamous11

Drives: 2015 brz
Im in danville. I went to the summer kickoff as it was my first brz/frs meet. But it was way to much for me and my social anxiety kicked in.So I was just keeping to myself. But im always looking for new friends/ people to hang out with.
infamous11 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to infamous11 For This Useful Post:
MisterSheep (06-15-2016), treminaor (06-13-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 03:10 PM   #13
MisterSheep
Killed Scion

Drives: 2013 FR-S Whiteout
Thanked 7,307 Times in 4,485 Posts
Mentioned: 334 Post(s)
Tagged: 185 Thread(s)
Garage
Hey guys just getting around to this thread and wanted to say that I do put on most of the meets in the east bay well at least the casual weekly ones. This week's is being held in San Ramon and more details will be in the East Bay Weekly Thread.

Ive been trying to get more meetups in the concord area but unfortunately 680 north usually has bad traffic causing people to not beable to make it that far. We can continue to put it in our rotation of places for our weekly meets but unfortunately East Bay is a very big place.

If you ever have any questions dont be afraid to shoot me a PM
Originally Posted by KR-S 86 View Post
What are you talking about? You just killed one of the worst brands in history according to enthusiasts. People will be worshipping you like sheep.
MisterSheep is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MisterSheep For This Useful Post:
treminaor (06-16-2016)
Old 06-15-2016, 09:49 PM   #14
chris.mutchler34

Drives: 2016 WRB Limited BRZ
I am out in Brentwood and new to the forum. If there was a meet up in the Walnut Creek/Concord area, I'd be game for coming out.