follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > FR-S / BRZ vs....

FR-S / BRZ vs.... Area to discuss the FR-S/BRZ against its competitors [NO STREET RACING]

User Tag List

Old 07-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #29
Tangizdope

Drives: 2016 FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Yeah but that's like trying to solve obesity by buying bigger pants. You have to just ignore the idiots, let them have their own little childish games and just be above the rest of the rabble on the road. The d1ck-measuring never ends. Bought a Mustang? Hellcat cuts you off. Bought a Hellcat? Tears on the inside when a Ferrari/McLaren/911 Turbo pulls up along side. Leave the oneupmanship behind and it'll be a much less stressful life. It looks like this is causing you quite a bit of anxiety and stress kills man, that's no joke. I don't get triggered by anyone or get involved in any lane-jumping traffic dodging nonsense street racing. It's just completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Keep good spacing between yourself and the car ahead and no one will cut you off because then they're merely merging.
It's not about one-upping another person because of what car you drive and how much money you have. It's about how assholes are less likely to do asshole things to you. Braking for a red light? A sentra will pull in front of you last second and you have to slam on your brakes. If that happens to you 10 times in a matter of 5 miles you get pretty mad.

I really just wanna drop the topic but people solo out little things and blow them up to make arguments. I feel like all the people here work at CNN or something.
Drop the topic everyone. I already apologized to op for going off topic but people keep responding to the off topic thing.
EDIT: @StraightOuttaCanadaEh not directing the last part to you. You seem like a nice person

Last edited by Tangizdope; 07-15-2019 at 07:20 PM.
Tangizdope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:48 PM   #30
rennlistuser3

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
I test drove a Mustang before getting the FRS, and I had a 550i. I was totally underwhelmed by the Mustang. I mean, faster than an FRS, but just not that fast. Honestly, the Mustang is an overpriced pig. For a decked out Mustang's price, you can get a Stingray. NO COMPARISON.

Plus the Mustang is the same size as a 5-series without all the usefulness of 4 doors. Mustang drivers are crackheads.
Call me cheesy but I actually like those small rear seats

Now the comparison between the 5-series and the Mustang, that's a very valid point. Or you could say one of those 4-door performance cars from Dodge. I think it was the Challenger? that would probably make more sense I think.
rennlistuser3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:54 PM   #31
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Decep View Post
totally disagree on sensation of speed with you there. those cars push you back in your seat something fierce and they dont.stop.pulling. if that's not sensation of speed i dont know what is. yeah the twins are fun, rough, and not numb/muted experience but they lack the open top experience that make something like a miata feel fast even though you're going slow
Yeah the push back is definitely fun but I would've liked more feel in a two door car. You can get that push back even in SUVs these days as well as the handling. I personally believe, sports cars should be more balanced in this day and age else you might be better off with other options out there today.

I had the open top experience before. I never liked it at any point.
Old 07-15-2019, 09:59 PM   #32
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangizdope View Post
I've always wanted a matte black one. Theres one in my neighborhood that is murdered out and super loud. Makes me drool.
I think I'm a little bored of the okay power of our cars. I want to feel that push in my seat.
I'm also tired of getting tired of getting cut off all the time. When a 328i (not a real BMW imo) cuts me off, I sometimes get mad and want to get them back but I can't get ahead of them when they're flooring it too and it makes me even angrier. Nobody would cut off an aggressive looking mustang in the first place so that would make me feel a lot calmer while driving. I commute a lot and I'm seriously getting tired of people cutting me off all the time.
I'm probably gonna get tired of the mustang too but it's a phase I wanna go through lol. I commute too much now that I'm willing to compromise steering a bit for speed.
Got a Dodge RAM!! that'll terrify everyone
The Following User Says Thank You to rennlistuser3 For This Useful Post:
Castswag (03-06-2021)
Old 07-15-2019, 10:14 PM   #33
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
Are you daft?

You really seem to think the car you drive is going to prevent people from cutting you off? Lmao.

Either you stupid or you dumb.

ummmm

The thread is getting derailed but anyway I don't think he's wrong on his assessment of the car you drive prevent people from cutting you off.

I've noticed time and time again the vehicle you drive solicit different driving attitudes. I do notice people cutting me off way less and tending to get out of the passing lane faster when I'm driving a huge intimidating car such as a big truck compared to a regular sedan. I don't know if it's intimidation or visibility but I'll admit personally, I am intimidated when I see truck in my rear-view mirror. I just keep thinking his big bumper will be in my skull if anything should happen, true or not.

If you're driving a Porsche people tend to tailgate you a lot more often. Worst, they tend to drive in your blind spot and hang there.

In my BRZ right now, I really never had a single week pass by without someone trying to race me in some form or way. I even have some pull up next to me and ask for a race. I don't think it gets more explicit than that.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:29 PM   #34
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaCanadaEh View Post
Yeah but that's like trying to solve obesity by buying bigger pants. You have to just ignore the idiots, let them have their own little childish games and just be above the rest of the rabble on the road. The d1ck-measuring never ends. Bought a Mustang? Hellcat cuts you off. Bought a Hellcat? Tears on the inside when a Ferrari/McLaren/911 Turbo pulls up along side. Leave the oneupmanship behind and it'll be a much less stressful life. It looks like this is causing you quite a bit of anxiety and stress kills man, that's no joke. I don't get triggered by anyone or get involved in any lane-jumping traffic dodging nonsense street racing. It's just completely irrelevant in the grand scheme of things. Keep good spacing between yourself and the car ahead and no one will cut you off because then they're merely merging.
yes this is the best advice to listen to.

Don't let such people get to you. I personally just listen to audio books, then I'm more focused on that than people cutting me off on a long drive.

In the end of the day, such people who drive like that do not really save much time at all if you use a stop-watch to or just downright calculate it (I did, it's a measly time save unless it's a very very long long highway).

They're just burning up their gas and nerves for very little gain. Don't join them.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:31 PM   #35
EAGLE5
Dismember

Drives: 2013 Red Scion FR-S
Thanked 3,999 Times in 2,155 Posts
Mentioned: 43 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennlistuser3 View Post
Call me cheesy but I actually like those small rear seats

Now the comparison between the 5-series and the Mustang, that's a very valid point. Or you could say one of those 4-door performance cars from Dodge. I think it was the Challenger? that would probably make more sense I think.
It's a point made on size. Also, similar engines with the E60 vs the Mustang. The Dodges have a proper motor with pushrods.
EAGLE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:32 PM   #36
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rennlistuser3 View Post
ummmm

The thread is getting derailed but anyway I don't think he's wrong on his assessment of the car you drive prevent people from cutting you off.

I've noticed time and time again the vehicle you drive solicit different driving attitudes. I do notice people cutting me off way less and tending to get out of the passing lane faster when I'm driving a huge intimidating car such as a big truck compared to a regular sedan. I don't know if it's intimidation or visibility but I'll admit personally, I am intimidated when I see truck in my rear-view mirror. I just keep thinking his big bumper will be in my skull if anything should happen, true or not.

If you're driving a Porsche people tend to tailgate you a lot more often. Worst, they tend to drive in your blind spot and hang there.

In my BRZ right now, I really never had a single week pass by without someone trying to race me in some form or way. I even have some pull up next to me and ask for a race. I don't think it gets more explicit than that.

I literally just said being cut off lol.

If you're in a sports car* people tend to tailgate you. Not really exclusive to Porsche.

If you're in a sports car people tend to want to race you, news flash, you have a performance car, so it's kinda expected, it's up to you if you want to be weak and get baited though.

Again, it doesn't really matter what you're driving and what the other person is driving that is going to cut you off, if they're going to do it they're going to do it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jordanwolf For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (07-16-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 10:41 PM   #37
86MLR

Drives: 2002 VX Commodore SS LS1 Auto
Thanked 2,185 Times in 1,111 Posts
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Generally, alot of people are idiots

Generally, people who "road rage" have weak personalities

Generally, there's alot of people who should be on medication

Generally, there's alot of people who are on the spectrum but have not as yet been diagnosed
86MLR is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 86MLR For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (07-15-2019)
Old 07-15-2019, 10:42 PM   #38
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsimon7777 View Post
It's a point made on size. Also, similar engines with the E60 vs the Mustang. The Dodges have a proper motor with pushrods.

It's just that the balance needs to be there you know. Porsche sells you a car that's very powerful, very agile and sporty feeling in its response but expensive!

Ford Mustang GT gives you the power and price but takes away the feeling.

FT86 gives you the feeling and the price but takes away the power. Which I am personally not lamenting that much else I would've already supercharged my BRZ by now.

But the Mustang GT, maybe the GT350 is a much better car I don't know but in the GT version, this lack of agility and feel is not something fixable for me.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:44 PM   #39
Jordanwolf
Rice King

Drives: '19 FWD master race CTR
Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,203 Posts
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86MLR View Post
Generally, alot of people are idiots

Generally, people who "road rage" have weak personalities

Generally, there's alot of people who should be on medication

Generally, there's alot of people who are on the spectrum but have not as yet been diagnosed
LOL
Old 07-15-2019, 10:54 PM   #40
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordanwolf View Post
I literally just said being cut off lol.

If you're in a sports car* people tend to tailgate you. Not really exclusive to Porsche.

If you're in a sports car people tend to want to race you, news flash, you have a performance car, so it's kinda expected, it's up to you if you want to be weak and get baited though.

Again, it doesn't really matter what you're driving and what the other person is driving that is going to cut you off, if they're going to do it they're going to do it.
I am cursed with having almost all my close friends displaying a lot of aggression while driving. They don't cut people off or anything but they shout and curse and bicker to the point of making a drive with them a horrible experience. I always jokingly tell them to go buy a Dodge Ram with big metal bumper guard to improve their lives LOL

I had a Porsche at one point. No comparison at how often you get tailgated in that thing compared to the BRZ. I even got deliberately and dangerously cut off two or 3 times. It wasn't a mistake, it was an act of aggression just for the sheer fact that I was driving a Porsche! that aspect of the Porsche I do not miss one bit.

The BRZ is often of a playful nature. Like say a Mommy in her mini-van telling her teenage kid "look son I can beat that sports car!" than sweeping high speed highway turn comes up and I keep steady at the speed limit and turn effortlessly while the mommy and her kid fall far behind and go
Old 07-15-2019, 10:58 PM   #41
rennlistuser3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoat View Post
If you disagree with him at all then you are an evil sad person that is obviously angry.
Claims to want to learn and then argues each and every point put forward. His little passive aggressive reversal here is a great example.
Just smile and nod.

Was a good review of the Mustang until he got all aggressive in his defensiveness.
Tcoat, if you have anything personal to say PM please. Else I won't be responding here. I don't believe it's the place to do that. The message was meant for everyone. Not that it really worked.
Old 07-15-2019, 11:05 PM   #42
PorscheUnlimited16

Drives: 2016 Porsche Gt4
Been driving Porsche’s for the last 6 years.. never had any sort of problems while driving by other drivers that I felt was intentionally to that particular car brand. I’d say the other drivers were shitty drivers , or your own spirited driving might of disgruntled other drivers.
PorscheUnlimited16 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PorscheUnlimited16 For This Useful Post:
Jordanwolf (07-15-2019)