follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions

Other Vehicles & General Automotive Discussions Discuss all other cars and automotive news here.

User Tag List

Old 01-09-2014, 01:41 AM   #1
Captain Snooze
Because compromise ®

Drives: Red Herring
Thanked 9,346 Times in 4,127 Posts
Mentioned: 60 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Brilliant Safety Advert from N.Z.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvLaTupw-hk"]Speed ad - Mistakes - YouTube[/ame]

Captain Snooze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 02:40 AM   #2
Photonic

Drives: 2014 Premium BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I agree, its a wonderful commercial. but, while he didint have time to stop ..he had time to redirect his course.

My driving instructor told me never to move to avoid a hazard, but If I saw myself heading toward a car ..Id try to take the straighest path to avoid them, even if it means flipping over. My life is my risk, It beats chancing hitting someone elses car even if I have to pivot my front end around them with a tail slide.

I used to deliver pizzas a lot ..I cant remember how many times I slid around peoples cars pulling out infront of me. I just aim for the line with the least understeer. Braking would have been a hazard for people behind me ...Just keep your eyes on what you are doing and keep looking ahead.

Those were very very interesting days ....I had someone slam on brakes and smoke their tires because they decided they had missed their turn. Instead of hit them, I decided to hit the grass and take the hill, but I kept looking ahead ..not just to the grass but beyond the grass because even in daily driving, everything should connect and form a line ..I just kept going through the grass because to slow down would upset my balance. I just got back on the road like nothing happened, even though it was a steep off camber slope.

FWD helped. Had I tried to threshold brake, tire grip wouldnt have cut it. I would have hurt someone and myself. But there is something to be said for following too closely ..but with different tires on the road, you can never be sure what someone is capable of.
Photonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 03:14 AM   #3
nzer

Drives: 2012 Grey TRD GT86, 2015 VW Golf R
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
That was quick @Captain Snooze it hasn't been out here very long but has been well received.

My favourite though is our "Ghost Chips" anti drink driving advert. I love it when he has to do the jigsaw with his family.

It's here and is done by the same government department
[ame]http://youtu.be/dIYvD9DI1ZA[/ame]
Old 01-09-2014, 12:28 PM   #4
RFB

Drives: FRS
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzer View Post
That was quick @Captain Snooze it hasn't been out here very long but has been well received.

My favourite though is our "Ghost Chips" anti drink driving advert. I love it when he has to do the jigsaw with his family.

It's here and is done by the same government department
Government racism perhaps ?

It seems to target indigenous people (was waiting to see face tats) -

A popular world wide belief that those who had their lands stolen by whitey resort to alcoholism.

CERBERUS - Guardian of HELL !
RFB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 01:39 PM   #5
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
First vid, if the guy in the 4x4 waited until the other car passed then there wouldn't be a problem. And i'm not saying speeding is fine but so many people drive onto a road without properly looking and cut in front of people.