follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting

Tracking / Autocross / HPDE / Drifting What these cars were built for!

User Tag List

Old 06-05-2017, 11:10 PM   #1
cueball89

Drives: 23 BRZ 15 Impreza
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SCCA Devens Championship Tour

Is anyone going to the Devens championship tour in Ayers MA next weekend? I see quite a few brz/frs's signed up. I've never attended or participated in a nation event, other than 3 runs per day and being spread over 2 days is there anything else different than running at the regional level? I think this is the only national level event within a reasonable driving distance for myself.

Looking at videos of other national events everyone's cars are decked out with manufacture decals and professional magnets. Is it going to be a problem showing up with homemade magnets and painters tape?

When they tech your car does it need to be in race condition that Friday, autox wheels and tires on the car and the car completely empty? I would have my street tires and plastic tote of race day supplies that I'd rather not have to lug into the hotel.
cueball89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 08:37 PM   #2
48Spoons

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'll be there, its also my local region. You will have to run some sticker and and the tire rack windshield banner as they are required. The tire ones can go one if you care about contingency. Can put down some tape put down some tap if you are worried about paint damage (haven't had issue in the past with the FRS but I know some people that have with other cars). I too have home made number and no one will care.

Car does need to be empty for tech, can leave stuff on side, its locked and behind barbed wire fence since its an old military base so shouldn't be worry about leaving things. The wheels and tires don't matter if I remember right for tech.

The events are a lot of fun. Run mostly the same as most locals with a few small additions to process.

I'll be there in a mildly beat up dark blue FRS. See you there.
48Spoons is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 48Spoons For This Useful Post:
cueball89 (06-07-2017)