follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment

Electronics | Audio | NAV | Infotainment Anything related to in-car electronics, navigation, and infotainment.

User Tag List

Old 12-31-2015, 03:04 PM   #1
tonystewart

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Raven
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Help installing noPhoto Camera Jammer

Good day
I need help installing a noPhoto Camera Jammer for daughters FRS.
I can't seem to find a continuous keyed power supply in the trunk area to power this device. Mounting of device was easy enough, but unable to find a source of power.

Any suggestions?

Thanks for your time, Happy New Year!
May'12 AT Raven, OFT V2, Perrin IntakeTube, Pulley & Overpipe,HKS Snorkel,FA20 EL Header,Nameless Frontpipe w/ Helmholtz, Crawford AOS, Cusco O2W Cooler, Grimmspeed Strut/MC Brace, Winjets w/D2S 3.0 HID by Illuminating Lighworkx, Fogs w/EU Stalk, LED's, JDM UnderPanels, Diffuser, Rigid Collars, Whiteline, HVT Camber Plates, Koni's, Swift Springs, GTSpec LCA, SPC Toearms, DBA 4K T-Slot Rotors, Ferodo DS2500, Vorshlag BrakeLines, MichelinPSS, 5Axis Wing, Raammat, Ensolite, JPM Coachworks, OEM+Ref400, 20mmspacers, TOMS
tonystewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2015, 03:07 PM   #2
go_a_way1
Not Bаnned Anymore

Drives: Heavily Modified FRS
Thanked 8,274 Times in 4,797 Posts
Mentioned: 355 Post(s)
Tagged: 374 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonystewart View Post
Good day
I can't seem to find a continuous keyed power supply in the trunk area to power this device. Mounting of device was easy enough, but unable to find a source of power.

Any suggestions?

Try the amp lol???? No idea if its a good idea but it is powered when the car is on haha!! and it is in the trunk
go_a_way1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:12 PM   #3
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Good day

Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by go_a_way1 View Post
Try the amp lol???? No idea if its a good idea but it is powered when the car is on haha!! and it is in the trunk

All I know is even for rear 12 V reverse cameras that work off the OEM head unit you have to run power all the way up front, or alternatively, find a way to tap into the power for the trunk light before the switch?
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 06:52 PM   #4
stevesnj

Drives: 2016 FR-S Oceanic Blue
Thanked 1,601 Times in 923 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Does she blow through red lights or speed?

My 2016 Build thread

TRD Exhaust with custom quad tips, TRD Lowering Springs,TRD Quick shifter,LED;DRL, Projectors, and turn signals. Re-badge, 86 Nanny, WinmaxW2 Pads, K&N Drop In, Antenna delete
stevesnj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:01 PM   #5
Mr.ac
[insert cool phrase here]

Drives: BRZ Premium
Thanked 1,558 Times in 930 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Good day

Any suggestions?

Dude, you got ripped off.

Also pics of said daughter.
Mr.ac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:50 PM   #6
jonzhuxD

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The dark green wire on the amplifier harness (between the rear seats and trunk area, under the carpet) is a 12V keyed power supply, not sure it's suitable for your use depending on the power draw of the device though.
jonzhuxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 11:38 PM   #7
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.ac View Post
Dude, you got ripped off.

Also pics of said daughter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevesnj View Post
Does she blow through red lights or speed?
Quote:
Good day

Any suggestions?

I agree with this sentiment, you're actively enabling her to go through red lights? Laser jammers and radar detectors are one thing (in fact I have mine hardwired in my car) But this seems total gimmick, most cameras today use IR and rarely use the flash at night. Also alot of cameras even take full video now. I understand the whole cameras stealing revenue thing, and privacy issues, but doing this so your daughter thinks it's ok recklessly drive through red light cameras? Also $400 for this is a total rip off, all it took was a simple google search to find alot of pissed off customers realizing it's a $100 piece of enclosed circuit board and photocell sensor, also over at the M3 forums alot someone bought one and found it would misfire the several times. Also my opinion is that 15 seconds to recharge the capacitors for another shot is null, alot of cameras take multiple photos of the same violating vehicle this wouldn't be able to keep up with that.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJZ3_EbQigw"]noPhoto and eBay license plate flash testing - YouTube[/ame]

Look how easily a human on the other could figure out a license plate off the way it works anyway, all it would take is 3 photos
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FRSBRZGT86FAN For This Useful Post:
Cole (01-08-2016)