follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA > Canada Classifieds

User Tag List

Old 04-18-2014, 03:58 AM   #29
sixthree

Drives: 14BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
GTR, Aventador, 458 and a list of other great cars all SUCK because they're all autos. If they put a manual gear box in it on the other hand, they would all be great cars!

*INB4 DCT, Advanced auto box and "auto is for lady boys" talk. Auto is auto right?
sixthree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:58 AM   #30
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixthree View Post
GTR, Aventador, 458 and a list of other great cars all SUCK because they're all autos. If they put a manual gear box in it on the other hand, they would all be great cars!

*INB4 DCT, Advanced auto box and "auto is for lady boys" talk. Auto is auto right?
Oh man...
Old 04-18-2014, 09:45 AM   #31
DR 86

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burrcold View Post
Oh man...
He's (or she) is obviously being sarcastic. In a few years time, manual transmissions will disappear from all high end sports cars/super cars/hyper cars, because the fact is it's performance cannot keep up with the technology in the rest of the car. Ever driven a PDK Porsche? Or an SLS? I guarantee you won't be missing the manual gearbox.
Perrin CAI|Perrin MCB|P&L header|Motiv OP/FP|MXP catback|Tein Type Flex coilovers|Eibach F/R sway bars|GS front strut brace|Street:PM HC+800/Track:Carbotech XP10|StopTech slotted rotors/SS lines|SBC RPF1s|Street:FK453/Winter:Pirelli SottoZero3/Track:Toyo R888s|Leg Sport rear spoiler|EcuTek Tuned|OEM oil cooler|4th/F1 brake lights
DR 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:02 PM   #32
leicaboss
Coffee Snob

Drives: '14 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
I meant no offense to Automatic drivers - in fact the A/T is a great piece of tech on this car. However, seeing that this car looks like a show car, I figured they would go with the whole "racing" theme (not to say shifter paddles aren't race-like). But can't even the automatic drivers agree that if they were to see a show car designed to look a like a purpose built race car that they can imagine it as a manual? Plus, the A/T costs more so I figured a shop who's building a car might buy the cheapest model possible to build on. Just admittedly surprised to see an RB built up with A/T!
leicaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to leicaboss For This Useful Post:
chiefshayan (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 01:22 PM   #33
chiefshayan

Drives: 2013 AT Firestorm FRS
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
I feel as though when people are describing how much better their manual 86 is compared to the auto, it's like asking North Korea about their dear leader.

I'm excited to see how this auto responds to SSP's auto upgrades with the gtx3076r kit from full blown.

This is how the manual 86 guys on the forums are going to be after seeing the auto upgraded with some real boost behind it...

[ame]http://youtu.be/0SYwiQSM4Uw?t=44s[/ame]

edit: NOT to diss the manual! It's a great tranny. All different variations on our cars should be celebrated!
chiefshayan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to chiefshayan For This Useful Post:
leicaboss (04-18-2014)
Old 04-18-2014, 01:25 PM   #34
leicaboss
Coffee Snob

Drives: '14 SWP BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefshayan View Post
I feel as though when people are describing how much better their manual 86 is compared to the auto, it's like asking North Korea about their dear leader.

I'm excited to see how this auto responds to SSP's auto upgrades with the gtx3076r kit from full blown.

This is how the manual 86 guys on the forums are going to be after seeing the auto upgraded with some real boost behind it...
I don't seem to think it's that much better, I get worse mpg, sigh. Would be nice to have an AT on date nights too instead of trying to smooth things out with a burning clutch

PS - my buddies at Cal have spotted you and your ID8MOMS plate quite a few times.
leicaboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 01:38 PM   #35
Burrcold

Drives: Subaru BRZ Limited
Thanked 1,586 Times in 776 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by leicaboss View Post
I meant no offense to Automatic drivers - in fact the A/T is a great piece of tech on this car. However, seeing that this car looks like a show car, I figured they would go with the whole "racing" theme (not to say shifter paddles aren't race-like). But can't even the automatic drivers agree that if they were to see a show car designed to look a like a purpose built race car that they can imagine it as a manual? Plus, the A/T costs more so I figured a shop who's building a car might buy the cheapest model possible to build on. Just admittedly surprised to see an RB built up with A/T!
When I see an aggressive wide body kit like the Rocket Bunny, I'm expecting serious power upgrades not whether it's manual or automatic. Would you still be commenting on it being automatic if it was supercharged/turbocharged putting down serious numbers? If so, that's a pretty big slap in the face to many members on here who have built some amazing FI cars that are auto. I don't recall in any of those threads, people saying "too bad it's an auto".
Old 04-18-2014, 02:00 PM   #36
paddleshifter

Drives: 6AT Whiteout FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Perhaps this thread has deviated off to a tangent that isn't reflecting the discussion about a car being sold and nothing more. It just seems that every other thread on this forum that discuses the automatic transmission ends up being a manual vs auto debate. And the worst part of the debate is that it leads to no where because it is always be a matter of subjective ownership. So lets get back on topic and respect the OP for showing what he/she has stumbled across:

My 2 cents: A truly unique build, I can respect the amount of work/money invested into such a project. Wheels are beautiful and if the owner is willing to part out than whomever snatches them will be in luck. The owner's build vision is something that we can all look into as it might give us some inspiration on our own builds. Would i ever do something like this to my own frs? Definitely not as I too would focus on performance upgrades first.
paddleshifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:46 PM   #37
DR 86

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddleshifter View Post
Perhaps this thread has deviated off to a tangent that isn't reflecting the discussion about a car being sold and nothing more. It just seems that every other thread on this forum that discuses the automatic transmission ends up being a manual vs auto debate. And the worst part of the debate is that it leads to no where because it is always be a matter of subjective ownership. So lets get back on topic and respect the OP for showing what he/she has stumbled across:

My 2 cents: A truly unique build, I can respect the amount of work/money invested into such a project. Wheels are beautiful and if the owner is willing to part out than whomever snatches them will be in luck. The owner's build vision is something that we can all look into as it might give us some inspiration on our own builds. Would i ever do something like this to my own frs? Definitely not as I too would focus on performance upgrades first.
Lol is that an euphemism for shit ugly/all show no go?
Perrin CAI|Perrin MCB|P&L header|Motiv OP/FP|MXP catback|Tein Type Flex coilovers|Eibach F/R sway bars|GS front strut brace|Street:PM HC+800/Track:Carbotech XP10|StopTech slotted rotors/SS lines|SBC RPF1s|Street:FK453/Winter:Pirelli SottoZero3/Track:Toyo R888s|Leg Sport rear spoiler|EcuTek Tuned|OEM oil cooler|4th/F1 brake lights
DR 86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 03:59 PM   #38
congee

Drives: SSM BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DR 86 View Post
He's (or she) is obviously being sarcastic. In a few years time, manual transmissions will disappear from all high end sports cars/super cars/hyper cars, because the fact is it's performance cannot keep up with the technology in the rest of the car. Ever driven a PDK Porsche? Or an SLS? I guarantee you won't be missing the manual gearbox.
+1

Didn't toyboru put in a lot of research into the auto tranny? Heard they put lexus ISF auto tranny technology into it.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:50 PM   #39
BlueDubbinTDI

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 2012 MCS
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
God damn I hope all the MT fanboys get butt hurt when there is no longer a MT offered in 10 years. Get the fuck over your tranny choice jesus
BlueDubbinTDI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #40
drewbot
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Drives: '13 Whiteout FR-S A/T
Thanked 1,452 Times in 752 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Man I just wanted to post this bunny for sale. Turned into a holy war

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
drewbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:16 PM   #41
frs baby

Drives: 2013 scion frs
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
if i had money id by this this is a sweet ride
frs baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:27 PM   #42
wbradley
Sarcastic SOB

Drives: '13 FR-S M6, '23 Volvo V60 CC
Thanked 2,844 Times in 1,635 Posts
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Garage
If you have the cash, set aside approx. $7-8K, buy this car, put on a supercharger and better tires. Then thumb your nose at the MT snobs.

PS- Keep the existing tires on another set of rims for drift nights.

Edit-If you're going this extreme might as well add the Rocket Bunny rice wing and get the fender flares wrapped too.
5:AD kit, HKS V1+ S/C, ECUtek dyno'd, Ohlins MP20, Magnaflow cb, Revworks UEL, Topspeed overpipe, Pinnacle Ceramic tint, VG shark fin, HID's, yellow DRL's, full LEDs, red floor lights, Homelink mirror, trunk lid liner, Perrin LWCP, Valenti smoked, Flossy Grip Tape Shorty, GT86 plaque, lighted vanity mirror, Michelin PSS, Project mU +800, DOT4 fluid, 720 Form GTF1 17x8&9, stitched leather bits, EZ valve.
wbradley is offline   Reply With Quote