follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 03-18-2013, 08:05 PM   #1
Brody602
Drift King

Drives: '13 Firestorm FR-S 6MT
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opti-Coat in Barrie area?

So I'm looking for a decent priced opti-coat for my fr-s once i pick it up from jackson's in barrie, any good people who offer the service in the area? I'd like to do it right after I leave the lot to save some cash

Thanks
Old 03-19-2013, 04:21 PM   #2
JoeyV

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Attentiv To Detailz in Markham is the closest I know of near you. Alex over there is a good buddy of mine and does quality work.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
Brody602
Drift King

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyV View Post
Attentiv To Detailz in Markham is the closest I know of near you. Alex over there is a good buddy of mine and does quality work.
just checked their website would this be opti-coat?:

New Car Protection $369:
Paint Correction Level I
• Application of Paint Coating
Old 03-19-2013, 07:04 PM   #4
chenshuo

Drives: WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
OP, those other detailers don't have their own shop so some rent a shop for a couple of hours or do it on their own drive it. If you are like me who wants my car to be inside and left inside until you can pick it up, i'd suggest you to go GTA In Detail. Kevin has his own shop and it can fit multiple cars so i'm sure you can ask him if you can leave your car inside for a couple of days until you pick it up. It's convenient and peace of mind for you and your car.
Old 03-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #5
Brody602
Drift King

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenshuo View Post
OP, those other detailers don't have their own shop so some rent a shop for a couple of hours or do it on their own drive it. If you are like me who wants my car to be inside and left inside until you can pick it up, i'd suggest you to go GTA In Detail. Kevin has his own shop and it can fit multiple cars so i'm sure you can ask him if you can leave your car inside for a couple of days until you pick it up. It's convenient and peace of mind for you and your car.
Thanks, sent Kevin an email
Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #6
JoeyV

Drives: Scion
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody602 View Post
just checked their website would this be opti-coat?:

New Car Protection $369:
Paint Correction Level I
• Application of Paint Coating
I don't want to speak for him, but I believe so. Give him a call or send him an email to get all the info you need. Alex has a garage that he might be able to put your car in overnight if you leave it. All things you can discuss with him.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 PM   #7
brianc
OCD

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by chenshuo View Post
I keep my cars inside

Not too sure about Barrie but in Markham there are a bunch. Hamza is likely the most popular for the FR-S BRZ. Alex @ Attentiv. Or I can help you if the schedules match.
brianc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:48 AM   #8
Joxer

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S Firestorm
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I went to Kevin (gtaindetail.com) and followed up the next week with Marco for clear film - partial hood/fender, full bumper, mirrors, a-pillars, 10" roof, and trunklip. Yesterday a dump truck tossed a yard or two of dirt off the top 1 lane over on the when it hit that bump on the 427 northbound near the airport and I was glad for that film! Still have to check the rest of the car for any other grief as the opticoat won't save you from chips. Here's some pics at Kevin's shop: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=b9a56422bf
Joxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #9
Brody602
Drift King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joxer View Post
I went to Kevin (gtaindetail.com) and followed up the next week with Marco for clear film - partial hood/fender, full bumper, mirrors, a-pillars, 10" roof, and trunklip. Yesterday a dump truck tossed a yard or two of dirt off the top 1 lane over on the when it hit that bump on the 427 northbound near the airport and I was glad for that film! Still have to check the rest of the car for any other grief as the opticoat won't save you from chips. Here's some pics at Kevin's shop: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...1&l=b9a56422bf
Nice, how much did it cost? I'm picking my car up on the 13th and bringing it to Kevin on the 14th, hopefully there isn't any shipping damage on mine, I don't I'll be getting a clear bra though, my brother has it his EVO and I don't like how the edges collect dirt and create an outline. How much was the clear bra as well out of curiosity?
Old 03-28-2013, 10:01 PM   #10
picus

Drives: FJ
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brody602 View Post
Nice, how much did it cost? I'm picking my car up on the 13th and bringing it to Kevin on the 14th, hopefully there isn't any shipping damage on mine, I don't I'll be getting a clear bra though, my brother has it his EVO and I don't like how the edges collect dirt and create an outline. How much was the clear bra as well out of curiosity?
The unfortunate problem with the clear bra industry is too many places do the installs poorly, so you end up with exposed edges all over the places. Properly applied the only edge should be the line on the hood, ~24" up (assuming you don't get the entire hood/fenders done, in which case there should be *no* edges whatsoever). If it's done right all the leading edges on the hood, fenders, bumper, lights, etc should be wrapped and tucked, so no exposed edge.
picus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 AM   #11
Brody602
Drift King

Quote:
Originally Posted by picus View Post
The unfortunate problem with the clear bra industry is too many places do the installs poorly, so you end up with exposed edges all over the places. Properly applied the only edge should be the line on the hood, ~24" up (assuming you don't get the entire hood/fenders done, in which case there should be *no* edges whatsoever). If it's done right all the leading edges on the hood, fenders, bumper, lights, etc should be wrapped and tucked, so no exposed edge.
My brothers was an option from the dealership, I might look into ot a later date this summer, I'll be fairly steapped for cash for the first 3 months of having
my car.