follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 09:18 AM   #43
mhigham

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseE View Post

Are you smoking crack..... don't talk if you don't know Everything you just said is 100% untrue.
Really? That's it, smoking crack? Check your sentence structure and punctuation and then lets talk about who's smoking what.

Let's break this down:

- So we dont have a split braking system as mandated by federal law? Why, yes, yes we do. So not untrue - there goes your 100%. Yes, you will eventually lose all your braking but not in the time frame the OP stated.

- Can you safely stop from 30MPH with NO brakes even? Sure you can, its called the conveniently placed, um, whats that called again? Oh yea, its the EMERGENCY BRAKE. I think this would constitute an emergency. Your 100% went down again.

-Can you safely stop from 30MPH with half the brakes gone? Yes. In fact, given the speed, you would hardly notice. Typical braking from 30MPH is about 30 feet.
Old 11-19-2012, 09:23 AM   #44
mhigham

Quote:
Originally Posted by ric342 View Post
people dont know how it is until the brakes malfunction on them so dont try to state what you dont know.
Again, let see this pics. Without them, I am calling and this thread should be closed. Having people debate on a brake malfunction that never happened is pointless and may lead others to believe there is an actual problem.

Better yet, lets see some black box data too. Some pics of the scene with estimated distances would help too. You are talking lawsuit against one of the largest companies in the world, you better be at least this prepared. They wont be hiding behind a keyboard.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhigham For This Useful Post:
Le86 (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 01:42 AM   #45
Le86

Drives: Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not trying to be a douche about it but if you're not at fault here, why hide any evidence that we've all requested?

I'm also calling unless I see some pictures of the damage sustained.

Your story makes no sense whatsoever, which leads me to believe you were driving too wild for your skill level, then crashed, which caused the "leaking caliper" and are now attempting to blame it on mechanical failure. Prove me wrong and I will hang my head in shame and apologize profusely.
Old 11-20-2012, 02:56 PM   #46
mhigham

Quote:
i took my car today to the toyota in oxnard and they found out that one of the calipers in the rear was indeed leaking and that there was a malfunctioning switch or wire that sends a signal to the rear brakes and tells them when to do there job. Has anyone had this issue as well, please let me know and weather I should take any legal because the brakes failed.
Pics or didn't happen....dont let this thread die yet!
Old 11-21-2012, 07:45 PM   #47
ric342
FR-S driver

Drives: ULTRAMARINE Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
im sorry i havent put pics up yet i only have 2 here they are. I was not in the greatest of moods when doing so, this is all i got.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2012, 10:57 PM   #48
ric342
FR-S driver

Drives: ULTRAMARINE Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhigham View Post
Pics or didn't happen....dont let this thread die yet!
put it up
Old 11-22-2012, 06:24 AM   #49
zohare

Drives: '13 Firestorm Base AT
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
So... correct me if I'm wrong. Failure of the right rear brake causing lockup from a bad sensor would make your car turn right. However you claim NO brakes at that corner, resulting in the left rear for all intents and purposes to be locked. At 40+ MPH sure man, plausible, but the split brake system and claimed speed make this almost impossible. Keep us posted if something really Is wrong. Just remember... the unintended acceleration thing has been COMPLETELY busted in every respect and that took multiple backed and severe claims involving injuries....
Old 11-22-2012, 07:27 PM   #50
TheProspect

Drives: Hot-Lava fr-S Smoked Tail Lights
Garage
Just sounds like somebody turned off the trac and abs and tried to drift that corner and lost control...... No reason to blame it on the brakes...
zohare (11-24-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 08:16 PM   #51
Ingen

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S 6MT
Quote:
let me reiterate my story, 9:00 pm going back home chilling on snake way.
Goku?

Car Received: 10/18. Break in ended: 10/28

Goal: Openflash UEL headers, Stage II 93 oct, TRD intake, arm rest :P

Last edited by Ingen; 11-22-2012 at 08:29 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ingen For This Useful Post:
carbonBLUE (11-23-2012), LeeMaster (11-23-2012), ZSwierczynski (11-23-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 08:32 PM   #52
Grishbok
Volunteer Fire and Rescue

Drives: Ambulance... sideways.
There are PLENTY of 25mph turns that can cause a car to slip out, especially a rwd and even more so if at the zenith of an elevation change. Honestly, it can be something as stupid as a single wet leaf in the wrong place at the wrong time to cause a slide. is it rare that it happens? yes. Does it happen? yes.

In any case, we would have to see the black box data to know for certain. Each car is equipeed with a black box that records the last 30seconds from time of incident recorded. In this case, it would show engine speed, throttle %, brake %, etc and would show right before and at time of impact. That will clearly illustrate what caused the accident. It will show you all the electronic stability adjustments that occured, steering angle, everything. If the brake was in effect, it would show the brake % applied compared to vehicle speed decreased. Or, if in a slide, the electronic stability system will show that vehicle sensors do not match the expected result of brake application.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 PM   #53
dsgerbc

Drives: BRZ(sold), STI
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Nobody? I guess I'll have to do it then....

That will buff right out.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to dsgerbc For This Useful Post:
czar07 (11-23-2012), RaceR (11-24-2012), zohare (11-24-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 09:18 PM   #54
Paragon

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grishbok View Post
There are PLENTY of 25mph turns that can cause a car to slip out, especially a rwd and even more so if at the zenith of an elevation change. Honestly, it can be something as stupid as a single wet leaf in the wrong place at the wrong time to cause a slide. is it rare that it happens? yes. Does it happen? yes.

In any case, we would have to see the black box data to know for certain. Each car is equipeed with a black box that records the last 30seconds from time of incident recorded. In this case, it would show engine speed, throttle %, brake %, etc and would show right before and at time of impact. That will clearly illustrate what caused the accident. It will show you all the electronic stability adjustments that occured, steering angle, everything. If the brake was in effect, it would show the brake % applied compared to vehicle speed decreased. Or, if in a slide, the electronic stability system will show that vehicle sensors do not match the expected result of brake application.
I call absolute BS on this. There is no 30 sec data logging on the ecu. How do you think it knows what time the incident or impact was?

Old 11-22-2012, 09:25 PM   #55
Grishbok
Volunteer Fire and Rescue

Drives: Ambulance... sideways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
I call absolute BS on this. There is no 30 sec data logging on the ecu. How do you think it knows what time the incident or impact was?
Its in your owners manual bro. It states the car is equipped with an advanced data logging system. These systems are pulled and used in vehicle crime scene investigations all the time. Might wanna try reading about the car youre driving. It knows when the accident happens because it continuously logs data for up to a30sec or more, overwriting itself unless something triggers an incident. An incident would be anything that fits the parameters of its program, for instance, if brakes are applied at 100%, the result of that action would trigger the black box to store that incident and time stamp it and the 30sec before it/after it. A trigger could also be a cel, or a collision sensor, or even deactivating the VSC and ESP systems can trigger black box recordings to be saved.

The most well known and notorious example of this is the Nissan GTR, which when first released, the owners manual stated that if you turned launch control on, the black box would record the incident and void your warranty.

Last edited by Grishbok; 11-22-2012 at 09:44 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Grishbok For This Useful Post:
czar07 (11-23-2012)
Old 11-22-2012, 09:31 PM   #56
JohnS_Rosamond

Drives: Mazda MX5
He's not talking about the ECU. It's a data logger and it says that the BRZ has one in the owners manual. The only people who would have access to it would be the OEM, Police, (or lawyers I suppose). I don't know what would qualify as "probably cause" to need to see it. Such information might back up a driver claim, but is just as likely to show driver negligence.
The Following User Says Thank You to JohnS_Rosamond For This Useful Post:
Grishbok (11-23-2012)

Closed Thread