follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 10-28-2019, 11:41 AM   #29
J1Avs

Drives: 2018 BRZ tS
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen W. View Post
Someone please check those numbers. The Performance Pack is $2320 on the base model. That's because it looks like the 18" wheels are stock on the GT. If you buy a GT with the PP it's $32,340 according to Toyota's build it web page.
If you buy a BRZ Limited with PP it's $30,940 on their build it page. That's a $1400 savings plus no fugly front end. As well as, there is an argument to be made for 17" over 18" as being better for some not to mention less expensive.
OH... and it looks like Hakone owners can not order the Performance pack. Boooooooo.....
It's a complete travesty that the Hakone can't get the handling package. Short-sided on whoever made that decision -- just make a different set of wheels gold/bronze that fit the Brembos like they did with the JDM model...just another example of Japan getting the better option

Re: TRD Handling Package -- didn't realize it was such a jump between GT w/ TRD and Limited w/PP. The GT and Limited are essentially identical trims with the BRZ having arguably a more integrated entertainment system. If the GT w/TRD also included the TRD Springs/Exhaust/Sway Bars (or some combination of those options), I think it would equate to the 2020 BRZ tS price (which is stupid high IMO -- again sour about the 2020 tS in general)
J1Avs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 03:02 AM   #30
saltywetman

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Dude just be glad you guys have the option of the handling package for the
86. Here in Canada the 6M GT costs 1k more than the BRZ ts and doesn't come with brembos or dampers. Just 18" wheels! And not even the option to get the handling package
saltywetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2020, 11:31 PM   #31
woodchip

Drives: 2023 Subaru BRZ Sport Tech
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltywetman View Post
Dude just be glad you guys have the option of the handling package for the
86. Here in Canada the 6M GT costs 1k more than the BRZ ts and doesn't come with brembos or dampers. Just 18" wheels! And not even the option to get the handling package
This. No Brembo available in Canada on the 2020's
woodchip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 10:34 AM   #32
saltywetman

Drives: 2020 Toyota 86 GT 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodchip View Post
This. No Brembo available in Canada on the 2020's
This really screwed me as I passed up a very well priced 2019 trd edition because i assumed canada would get the handling package option for 2020. It was listed for slightly under 33k (cash price according to the dealership ad) but had the cold air intake option + lowering springs options added.

I passed on it because i wanted red so was going to gun for an ablaze + handling package and i didn't want the lowering springs because i was going to winter drive the car. Now that I think about it I should've just gotten it and swapped it out with factory springs.

Now I have an overpriced GT ablaze coming in which I will have to pay to get a bbk in the future as well as order a trd rear spoiler from japan (only thing i liked about the trd aero kit tbh). The more I think about it the more I kick myself for not pulling the trigger back in january.
saltywetman is offline   Reply With Quote