follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Off-Topic Discussions > Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS]

Off-Topic Lounge [WARNING: NO POLITICS] For all off-topic discussion topics.

User Tag List

Old 05-17-2013, 10:11 PM   #43
n2oinferno
Praise Helix!

Drives: Accord 2.0T, Silverado
Thanked 2,208 Times in 1,072 Posts
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I've really thought about skipping the consoles this time too and sticking to my PC. It seems like there are more and more console ports and with everything being x86 now, that'll be even more likely. I'd miss either GT or Forza too much though, I think. There isn't really a comparable PC game to either of those. They're either full on arcade, or full on sim, seems like. Grid 2 might just be the closest thing for a while, but we'll see how the handling model turns out.

Oh well, MS announcement is next week and E3 is only a month away. I love my Xbox, but I'm really liking what Sony is doing as a company right now far more than Microsoft. No always online (still rumor, I know), much friendlier to indie developers, streaming to mobile devices, etc..
n2oinferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #44
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
My PS3 fat stopped reading blu rays after 3 years once I played ff13 on it. Then I bought a slim in 09, which was just fine till a couple months ago when it wouldn't read dual layer discs like metal gear solid 4 and uncharted 3 but I think more so it was playing black ops 2 that fucked up my console. Didn't have any issues till I started playing that online. Replaced the lasers in both by myself and they are just fine now. They never really completely broke the fat read dvd, downloaded titles and playstation discs when the laser shat itself and the slim read everything except the aforementioned. I'm not a hardcore gamer only really game when a new title comes out. I keep my systems pretty clean and undisturbed too. Bad luck I suppose.

Nintendo's systems never gave me a problem. I could beat the crap out of nintendos stuff before it gave out. The NES works, original gameboy works (which fell off a moving car), gamecube, wii, etc. My original playstation still works fine.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:19 AM   #45
Lonewolf

Drives: Moped
Thanked 2,128 Times in 1,193 Posts
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00NissanNinja View Post
My PS3 fat stopped reading blu rays after 3 years once I played ff13 on it. Then I bought a slim in 09, which was just fine till a couple months ago when it wouldn't read dual layer discs like metal gear solid 4 and uncharted 3 but I think more so it was playing black ops 2 that fucked up my console. Didn't have any issues till I started playing that online.
Funny, Black Ops 2 is what killed my ps3 console as well. The game kept freezing up my PS3, and one day it froze up while playing that joke of a game (Bops2) and the PS3 never worked again...thank you treyarch!
Lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:21 AM   #46
B L U E S L A T E

Drives: BMW E84
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I still have the very first gen PS3 and no problems what so ever.
B L U E S L A T E is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to B L U E S L A T E For This Useful Post:
M-17 (05-18-2013)
Old 05-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #47
zenki_levin
Road Warrior

Drives: AE86 Levin
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
My first gen xbox360 died like 3 or 4 times. Send it back to them to get repaired and it would fail again a few months later.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #48
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
I had my original SNES and N64 for the longest time. The SNES power plug in the back of the unit was damaged and after 10 years of work arounds, eventually stopped supplying power all together. Had a PS2 fail after it dropped 5 feet off a home theater system. I still have the xbox360 we got for Christmas 3-4 years ago. I have 3 used Gamecubes, the only one that still works is the hand me down from my Grandmother. I have a second gen Wii I bought last year so it's still brand new.

I've shared all my consoles with siblings so it was invariably abused without regard. My uncle still has most of this classic gaming stuff in mint condition but he was a greedy bastard with them.

I will say I've never had a problem with gaming console hardware quality, controllers I've gone through more than a few . But all the problems I had were either bought used or was abused. I prefer PC (gaming master race) but too many fun games are console only.

Except for M$' xbox. They built the cheapest unit possible with as many shortcuts as possible. The fracking CD drive has the cheaper tray when the Wii has a slot! And bugs, don't get me started. I could play online with anybody on PC with my NAT settings but somehow I have to completely reconfigure my router to work around their shitty programming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Allch Chcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:41 PM   #49
Jahdai42
Bajan Yankee

Drives: 2016 4-Runner Trail
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
I'm sorry for your loss, I had 4 Xbox360s and two origionals swapped out for the Red Ring of Death. Never had and issue with any of my Playstations, Nintendo, N64, Sega...

Things just arent made to last anymore
Old 05-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #50
EJ20

Drives: NA8C, GDB, and R50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My ps3 (mgs edition) still going strong
Old 05-19-2013, 04:23 PM   #51
PoWn3d_0704

Drives: 1990 BNR32 GTR
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Well, I have everything in terms of consoles and gaming machines. I have a 360 that has been kicking ass for more than 4 years. (I actually don't play it. Ever. Streamed a couple movies though)

I bought a broken PS3 which I used as a project to fix, the console with cords and one controller cost me 60 bucks, and now I have a working blu ray player and such. It's a 120GB model. The parts to fix including shipping was only 20 bucks.

My real baby is my gaming PC. I treat that just like any of your would treat your car. It's fully water cooled and entirely hand assembled by me. I run four monitors for widescreen gaming and have sunk way too much time and money into it.

But it's the only way to game.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Build Album:
PoWn3d's BRZ Pictures

Build Thread: PoWn3d's BRZ
PoWn3d_0704 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #52
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Every few years it is fun to unpack Gran Turismo and spend a couple hours in two-player mode reliving the past.

I really miss Crazy Climber.
bestwheelbase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #53
00NissanNinja
The Thread Lurker

Drives: '14 BRZ, '17 GTI, MT09
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf View Post
Funny, Black Ops 2 is what killed my ps3 console as well. The game kept freezing up my PS3, and one day it froze up while playing that joke of a game (Bops2) and the PS3 never worked again...thank you treyarch!
Yep that's what happened to me. It would freeze my system completely and the system would either shut itself off or I'd have to hard boot it. Then I'd be welcomed to the corrupted files screen. One time I had to screw around with the boot menu to get the system to work again. After that I stopped playing it and found that my blu ray drive wasn't quite working as it should. Yeah I don't think treyarch will be getting my money again after f ing up my system.
00NissanNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:44 AM   #54
Shagaliscious
Banned

Drives: Firestorm FR-S (MT)
Thanked 2,478 Times in 1,166 Posts
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Yep that's what happened to me. It would freeze my system completely and the system would either shut itself off or I'd have to hard boot it. Then I'd be welcomed to the corrupted files screen. One time I had to screw around with the boot menu to get the system to work again. After that I stopped playing it and found that my blu ray drive wasn't quite working as it should. Yeah I don't think treyarch will be getting my money again after f ing up my system.
I had BlackOps2 shut my PS3 down when I tried to download a game update..on 2 different occasions. I think it has more to do with the shit servers they use, because a lot of people who play FIFA online have said it froze their PS3 and it doesn't work now.
Shagaliscious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:36 AM   #55
M.I.A

Drives: N/a
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I just replaced my Xbox a few months back after my Xbox had (rod) and then out of nowhere it would start up and then freeze every time I turned it on till it didn't want work.. But I Stoll have the ps3 since it came out
M.I.A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 AM   #56
Eurasianman
Chief

Drives: 2013 DGM BRZ Premium 6MT
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Yea, I had a similar issue with BlackOps 2. Turned out the hard drive got screwed up. Luckily, it was a Seagate 250 GB hard drive I bought a while back and was still under warranty. Only had to pay ~$5 to ship the bad drive to them after they sent me a replacement first. Now, it's just a paper weight (PS3)

Eurasianman is offline   Reply With Quote