follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Software Tuning

Software Tuning Discuss all software tuning topics.

User Tag List

Old 09-14-2013, 06:47 PM   #99
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx View Post
My advice is to just drop this whole "OpenFlash vs. Ecutek" marketing ploy immediately. As has just been witnessed, it's already starting to damage your credibility as a company. It's already been said starting off by attacking your competition is generally just going to turn people off.

I would ask the moderators to just close/delete this thread and start over.

Post dyno baselines and then post tuned dyno results, simple as that.
Frankly just because people went off on tangents here means nothing, he came in with what very clearly shows he was told was a tune from another Vendor. I personally think Toni has taken the time to clear the air but if I was presented with that tune and told that it was Toni's full on Stage 1 tune I too would have said many of the things he said not knowing more.
The customer is where that "Not Knowing More" source comes in and that created a problem as seen here.

Its very clear all the tuners who took the time to post here have been helping each other and spoken to each other. They may not all be close friends but they all appear to be focused on furthering the development of FR-S/BRZ Tuning.

Keep working with the product, I have not completely jumped on board because I will contact you and get specific's. A Tablet is neat and all but I want a keyboard and touch pad personally so as I said I will ask my questions through PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
We agree...EcuTek sucks as a business model and I'm familiar with their dealings in various other platforms across time and space. I am NOT crying; I am a fellow traveler such as yourself. The fact remains that the contents of your original post were laughable at best. This new post is far better.
Gee thanks, I am so glad that you took the time to add such worthwhile posts yourself.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cross For This Useful Post:
tonylop33 (09-14-2013)
Old 09-14-2013, 08:05 PM   #100
OrbitalEllipses
Banned

Drives: Attitude
Thanked 4,889 Times in 2,902 Posts
Mentioned: 123 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cross View Post
Gee thanks, I am so glad that you took the time to add such worthwhile posts yourself.
Anytime! Here let me show you the door...

OrbitalEllipses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:03 PM   #101
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
why does it matter if the guy sent in logs for revision if it was being compared to a base map? it was base map vs. base map, how is that an unfair comparison? they didn't revise shiv's file either, from what i understand.
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jamesm For This Useful Post:
Byebye (01-20-2014)
Old 09-14-2013, 09:06 PM   #102
jamesm
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Thanked 2,293 Times in 1,180 Posts
Mentioned: 313 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwx View Post
Post dyno baselines and then post tuned dyno results, simple as that.
so you're suggesting people voluntarily go back to not knowing what they are actually buying with their tune? all this talk of calibration changes is muddying the waters? let's just talk results, with no concern of what changes were made to achieve them? seems like a step backwards to me...
jamesm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:11 PM   #103
xwd

Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
why does it matter if the guy sent in logs for revision if it was being compared to a base map? it was base map vs. base map, how is that an unfair comparison? they didn't revise shiv's file either, from what i understand.
It wasn't really a base map versus a base map. It was an interim map meant to datalog and work on a specific part of his tune versus a tuned map. Read the post from Tony @FA20Club
xwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:13 PM   #104
xwd

Drives: 2013 DGM Subaru BRZ (Subie #9)
Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesm View Post
so you're suggesting people voluntarily go back to not knowing what they are actually buying with their tune? all this talk of calibration changes is muddying the waters? let's just talk results, with no concern of what changes were made to achieve them? seems like a step backwards to me...
Of course I'm not suggesting that. The tuners I've worked with have been more than willing to share everything they have changed in the maps. Let Shiv do the same with his maps, don't compare your tune and dyno runs to what wasn't really even a finalized tune. I'm okay with the first part of the post it was the second part/car I have a problem with.

All of the Ecutek tuners could have been bashing each other over the last year by producing datalogs and showing how their tunes produced more power than X or Y, but they haven't... Same goes for tuners using BRZEdit. Tuners post their accomplishments from a stock dyno run. It's just poor taste really.
xwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 09:38 PM   #105
ATSAaron

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_sb View Post
WOW, those are some enlightening results. I really didn't think th factory sensor was that far off. Has the factory sensor been compaired to a wideband on a catless car? I guess i will find out next week when i install my wideband,
Just FYI, it may vary more car to car but my stock O2 sensor is off, but not by much. It's read about .25 richer than my Dynojet. I would be nice to hear from people with aftermarket widebands comment on the consistency.

Aaron
ATSAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #106
ATSAaron

Drives: 2013 Raven FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhatch View Post
Wow...I didn't know that. Yeah, this OFT is seeming more and more like the obvious choice.
You didn't know it because it isn't true. I've had two different tuners in my ECUTek ecu.

So OFT is $500 and you get a Stage 1 or Stage 2 canned tune and the ability to tune it further yourself if you can.

And FA20Club/Ecutek is $850 including a pro tuner who is willing to continue to send you revisions as you send him logs.

Does OFT offer:
flat shift?
launch control?
multiple maps controlled by the cruise control switch like ecutek?
custom maps for flex fuel support?
boost control option?

Does OFT include any tuning software? Or do we use a copy of Tuner Pro? I haven't used Tuner Pro before, is there some sort of definition file included with OFT that goes along with Tuner Pro to define and offer help with the naming the maps/settings?

Thanks,

Aaron
ATSAaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:22 PM   #107
mxsled

Drives: Audi A3 2012
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nemes View Post
To be honest I don't think Toni's tune has done anything for me.

5 months ago I got a tune from Toni after i've gotten my fa20club Cai and nameless downpipe/overpipe, nameless axel back installed. I never got it dyno but my car seriously felt no different after the flash and Toni can really make a rookie car tuner feel like an idiot. Partly because I deserve it but now my car's gas meter is always off. Sometimes it says full, or empty random times of of the day when I drive my car. When it says empty for a while I would go fill up and it would only fill 15$.

I would ask Toni for help but I figured it's pointless because he would probably tell me it's my fault. So instead I'm waiting to buy the nameless header and getting a re-tune from someone else. That's my 2cents for Toni
have you tried to send your datalogs back to Toni?
that would be the first thing I would do if I was you!

I've send 3-4 datalogs since the day I've got my tune and each time I got an response in less than 24 hour with an updated tune
Moto east Ecutek /JDL UEL Header/Nameless Performance axleback exhaust-Motiv overpipe/Full Perrin CAI/BC Racing Coilover/Traklite angle 18x9/Federal 595 RS-R (245-35-18)/Blackhousing,hid 4300k headlights/Crystal eyes taillight/Anarchy Motive Heavy ShiftKnob/Cusco Sport pedals/Jpm Coachworks alcantara dash panel,cluster,shift boot,
mxsled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:38 PM   #108
s2d4

Drives: R32 GTR, AW11 MR2 SC, GTS86 R
Thanked 1,223 Times in 708 Posts
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
FFS, can a mod clean this thread up from the 0.2 cents/fanboy defence mechanism/troller bandwagon but leave all the technical debates as is? Feel free to delete my post as well.

I am here to learn, it is really difficult with ~10 informative posts out of ~100 (posts from shiv, rombin, arghx7, mad_sb, toni) but every thing else filled with utter crap.
s2d4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:53 PM   #109
j.F.c.R.a.S

Drives: rx8. frs.
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Im just waiting new map from Toni. I sent him a datalog about 3days ago, I was doing it incorrectly in the beginning. Im just waiting on a response. Car is running rough. He's usually quick to respond.
j.F.c.R.a.S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:04 PM   #110
nemes

Drives: scion frs, corolla, gsxr750
I only posted my 2cents because Toni sent an email to post reviews about his service on here @s2d4
nemes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 11:48 PM   #111
sierra

Drives: Skoda Yeti DSG diesel 4x4
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rombinhood@OpenFlash View Post

Accel pedal torque request tables-- these were modified to make the car feel "more peppy" so that the press of the throttle pedal results in more throttle opening. This doesn't actually improve max power but does give the subjective impression of more power.
Getting back on topic.

I would be interested to know if the customer requested this response to be modified?

How could you fail to be impressed by the new responsivness and power gains simply from that change?
How could you be subjective about any power gains?
sierra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 12:21 AM   #112
Cross
It's the Mad Cow

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 146 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrbitalEllipses View Post
Anytime! Here let me show you the door...

Aww thats cute

Tags
bye bye visconti u suck, fa20club stg1, open flash, openflash, tacky marketing is tacky, visconti roast