follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List

Old 08-30-2013, 06:10 PM   #29
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer

Drives: 2006 Honda S2000
Thanked 5,759 Times in 3,055 Posts
Mentioned: 274 Post(s)
Tagged: 10 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to King Tut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
I would definitely recommend doing some logging to see what is going on. Smoothing is on 5 and the graph is all over the place. Maf voltage, timing, air fuel, cam timing intake and exhaust, knock, and trims should all be looked over.
The issue is the AFR at this point, we don't know how low his AFR actually was during this run since it looks like that sensor's minimum is around 10:1. Do you have a wideband installed or was the dyno's AFR sensor reading properly?
Old 08-30-2013, 10:46 PM   #30
Ross

Drives: 85 corolla gts
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have run into issues when renting a dyno so I always have a secondary system with me already set up. Some times there on the money sometimes they are off. I always recommend people, especially with mods, have a wideband in there car.
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:54 PM   #31
utekineir
blowhard

Drives: frs, project forester
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
looks good
utekineir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:06 PM   #32
448hpsti
In Test:Oil Fed SC

Drives: Vortech Prototype Test Car
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian View Post
"Looks good!"

Had another tuner take a look at my logs and disagree. +10 hp on pump and a clean afr later*I'm a happy camper.

Lol.
448hpsti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:24 PM   #33
sw20kosh

Drives: 2013 Black FR-S
Thanked 2,014 Times in 990 Posts
Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by itdansharpe View Post
Funny that you bring this up. I'm in the middle of getting a refund. My butt dyno was markedly accurate. The car dyno'd Yesterday at 214hp, with AFR dropping well below 10. The graph is horribly shaky which indicated terrible timing as well.

Very unimpressed. The good news is we have a great tuner ready to take up the challenge soon and I have positive hopes it will go well.

Now if John would just give me a refund...
Old 08-31-2013, 04:04 PM   #34
Nightbringer

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sw20kosh View Post
I think three barf-faces are insufficient.
Nightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 05:54 PM   #35
Adeets
OEDC

Drives: Vortech 8.5psi 274WHP 2013 BRZ
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Oh by the way please make sure to leave your experiences with visconti on his feedback thread located here:
Visconti feedback
Adeets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 08:54 AM   #36
Don@Accelerated

Drives: 2013 BRZ
Thanked 1,162 Times in 316 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
Sweet about time, so does this mean I can get a part refund on my vortech kit, because the tune he sent me was courptted and when I called him that night to take care of it he told me I was fucked and would have to wait a week. So I reached out to moto-mike and he did the entire tune for me, never once has a visconti tune been loaded onto my car, does that entail a partial refund?

Or how about the flex fuel package I asked for a refund before it was even released and you didn't respond to that email or support ticket, or how about now, now that same box with its brand new kit is still sitting in my garage unused, because when I opened it and saw those hoses, I was like FUCK THAT GARBAGE! Then left it in its box. Can I get a refund on that pos?

There are support tickets and emails for both of these cases, what I got back from visconti was his version of "your fucked."

Looks good!

Just for reference I bought the flex-fuel kit before my vortech arrived, so I didn't know yet that visconti is utter costumer service garbage.
What was your visual unease with the hoses in the flex fuel kit?
Don@Accelerated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 10:07 AM   #37
Sportsguy83
I Love custom Turbo kits

Drives: Limited BRZ
Thanked 8,343 Times in 4,361 Posts
Mentioned: 441 Post(s)
Tagged: 12 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don@Accelerated View Post
So you mean to tell me John has not told you about any of the big amount of complains there have been about the FF kit leaking fuel in the engine bay, especially considering you installed the FF kit on the car that burned to the ground and might have been involved in the initial design of the kit??...

WOW....
Sportsguy83 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sportsguy83 For This Useful Post:
stevo_12v (10-06-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 10:16 AM   #38
Frs300

Drives: Pile of junk
Mentioned: 232 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post
So you mean to tell me John has not told you about any of the big amount of complains there have been about the FF kit leaking fuel in the engine bay, especially considering you installed the FF kit on the car that burned to the ground and might have been involved in the initial design of the kit??...

WOW....
maybe john communicates with don like he does with customers
Frs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Frs300 For This Useful Post:
448hpsti (09-01-2013), ATL BRZ (09-02-2013), Sportsguy83 (09-01-2013)
Old 09-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #39
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
My unease was how thin the hoses looked, I had my foresters fuel system apart prolly 6 months ago, the hoses were just to thin, later like 15 days ish is when I saw moto-mike and he was the one who warned me about the fitment ussues with the ID...

Come on don didn't you install one of these kits in a black 86? I figured you would have thrown the red flag about the lose hose connection.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:36 PM   #40
Don@Accelerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsguy83 View Post

WOW....
I'm not sure you even understand what your talking about. The initial 8mm -5/16 hose issue was solved w/ an 8mm Compression Ferrule Fitting. They don't leak or your doing something quite wrong.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #41
Don@Accelerated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeets View Post
My unease was how thin the hoses looked, I had my foresters fuel system apart prolly 6 months ago, the hoses were just to thin, later like 15 days ish is when I saw moto-mike and he was the one who warned me about the fitment ussues with the ID...

Come on don didn't you install one of these kits in a black 86? I figured you would have thrown the red flag about the lose hose connection.

The hoses are rated with a 350+ maximum pressure rating. Your not going to generate enough pressure for them. Consider that normal EFI Gates hose is only good to 225psi. The wall thickness has little bearing on overall strength.

I don't know how moto Mike is.
Old 09-01-2013, 12:49 PM   #42
Adeets
OEDC

Quote:
The hoses are rated with a 350+ maximum pressure rating. Your not going to generate enough pressure for them. Consider that normal EFI Gates hose is only good to 225psi. The wall thickness has little bearing on overall strength.

I don't know how moto Mike is.
Thick/thin doesn't have to do with pressure it's the ratio between ID/OD (the meat) and the hoses I looked at in that flex-fuel kit seemed off since I've felt with alot of Subaru fuel systems. That was the flag for me before I even knew that the ID was wrong.

Tags
#you guys are all idiots!, ain't no carbecue, butt dyno is science, free refund party!!!, fuck visconti, looks good!, rich is john, rich-jv's bitch, the visconti saga part 4, tune looks good, v-tune never has knock, viscontifried, viscontinued, what is timing?, you got viscontid'!!