follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 11-24-2011, 07:37 PM   #379
itsbrokeagain

Drives: '09 335, '85 535, '95 Yota Pickup..
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
This thread makes me lol...some of the comments made has me shaking my head..
itsbrokeagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 09:52 PM   #380
Aki

Drives: '96 beater Corolla
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Why is it, every time you read an article pertaining to the Subaru version, it keeps having this negative spin on it when talking about Toyota's part in the joint effort? They bitter about something? Downplaying Toyota's part kinda puts a sour taste for me when I think of Subaru now.
I think a big part of it is that the Subaru is being perceived as a badgineered FT86, and not vice versa. So they're going out of their way to say that this is more Subaru than Toyota.
Aki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 04:04 AM   #381
nrclptcnsmniak
Professional Athlete

Drives: Marty's Hover Board
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Why is it, every time you read an article pertaining to the Subaru version, it keeps having this negative spin on it when talking about Toyota's part in the joint effort? They bitter about something? Downplaying Toyota's part kinda puts a sour taste for me when I think of Subaru now.
I dont know. If it were me and I had lets say a project completed with another classmate I would love to take full responsibility for what was done on my part. I would take pride in the work I did. I wouldnt down play my partners contribution at all though. But if its the truth then there is no harm in stating that I in fact designed the engineering aspect of our project and my classmate did the styling. Where in return he would take pride in the styling and design that he created... Wouldnt you feel the same way? If it were the truth which i am pretty sure it is. Then why not take pride in your effort and what youve accomplished. It seems like Toyota is taking pride with their styling considering the commercials and leaks. I dont see any harm with Subaru doing the same.

Orrr perhaps maybe because Subaru is such a small company theyre trying to compensate as well

Tags
brz review, brz reviews, scion fr-s review, scion fr-s reviews, scion frs review, scion frs reviews, subaru brz review, subaru brz reviews, toyota ft-86 review, toyota ft-86 reviews