follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-20-2011, 06:03 PM   #295
Archer256

Drives: TSX
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Same, they always rip on Japanese cars. Look at their shows on the IS-F and even more so the LFA. True the original IS-F was not as good, but the 2011 model easily matches up to an M3 despite people's complaints.

As for the LFA...all they did was complain about it's cost and other crap. You would think "experts" would know the LFA is meant to be an exclusive, elite flagship model for the company and brand along with the rediculous amount of R&D that went into it so that the research would provide huge returns and benefits for the rest of the lexus line and possibly even toyota.s COUGH CARBON FIBER CHASSIS COUGH
Archer256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 06:23 PM   #296
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Yea the whole "The LFA is not 6x the GTR even tho its 6X the price" shit was stupid considering there is no car thats 6x the GTR and they fact that they nut hugged the fuck out of the Veyron and don't use the same arguments
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 07:58 PM   #297
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Top Gear isn't a documentary, its a comedy. None of the challenges they do relate to the performance of the cars they test. Its just for entertainment purposes.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:34 PM   #298
xantonin
Mr. Detail

Drives: 2003 Celica GT-S
And the British Top Gear >>>> the American one.
Old 03-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #299
Mr.Jay

Drives: FRS :D
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blur View Post
Top Gear isn't a documentary, its a comedy. None of the challenges they do relate to the performance of the cars they test. Its just for entertainment purposes.
I know it didn't use to be
Mr.Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 PM   #300
matadormi5

Drives: GTI MK5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
I know it didn't use to be
I remember when they would take 3 cars and actually determine which was the best.

Recently, it's just a few things blowing up and declaring that either all the cars were the best or that none of them were any good.

The road-trip episodes are still very good. "Best driving road" "Southern USA roadtrip" etc etc.
matadormi5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:41 PM   #301
zigzagz94
BRZerhood Lurker #13

Drives: 15 DGM BRZ Premium
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorro View Post
ROFL

of COURSE you are Mr. zigzagz

your gonna pass that right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Whatever dude. Scion is to blame for it all, there...does that make you happy? They started the whole phenomenon of paying drivers...what was I thinking.
zigzagz94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 10:50 PM   #302
Dragonitti
Banned

Drives: Boosted Scion tC, 350z
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siriusly.Andrew View Post
Sort of. But if driver was not part of the equation and that was the formula you could see where each car was at an advantage over the other.

All the cars are built the same these days and theres no flavour and its bland. You drive one and you've driven them all kind of thing. Its boring.

I honestly don't like how cars are being built "equal". At least in the sports car and performance aspects. Grocery getters can have that same feel to em, but for the more exciting cars and performance cars it shouldn't be "what one do I like the looks of most".

I'm just displeased with the similarities of all the performance / sports cars these days. Watching Top Gear is only entertaining because of Jeremy, Richard and James. Take them away and Top Gear would be boring as shit because they'd always say "This car is fabulous. So is this car. This one is faster on the track but it feels IDENTICAL to the other car, so what ever floats your boat."

On a Track, driver matters more than the car. On the street the car matters more than the driver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xantonin View Post
And the British Top Gear >>>> the American one.

After watching the whole season of the USTG....sorry, have to say that it is equal, except the USTG I relate to more being that its in the US.

The BTG seems to always down on America and American cars in nearly every episode. I am for the most part "all imports" as I don't find to many American cars that appeal to me. However, it's still annoying to listen to them cut down American concepts every episode. Kinda like "I can call my brother a douche but if you call him a douche, we are going to have issues" type of thing.

Hence why I'm loving the USTG and can't wait till the second season.
Dragonitti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #303
blur
ლ(ಠ益ಠ)ლ

Drives: E36 5.7 V8
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Watching the US top gear, I cringed at the sight of a blind dude beating them in a challenge.
Old 03-21-2011, 12:18 AM   #304
matadormi5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
The BTG seems to always down on America and American cars in nearly every episode. I am for the most part "all imports" as I don't find to many American cars that appeal to me. However, it's still annoying to listen to them cut down American concepts every episode. Kinda like "I can call my brother a douche but if you call him a douche, we are going to have issues" type of thing.

Hence why I'm loving the USTG and can't wait till the second season.
I agree. With the exception of Richard Hammond who loves muscle cars. Also, the reviews and stuff they have are great, but nearly 75% of them are of cars that I (living in America) will never see.

I'm liking Top Gear USA because it's less gimmicky and more like the old Top Gear UK.
Old 03-21-2011, 01:32 AM   #305
Siriusly.Andrew

Drives: 1995 Civic DX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jay View Post
I just came back from Vegas where I drove a Gallardo LP560 then a 430 Scuderia and both cars felt veryyyy different. Each had their own character and feel to them.

The Lambo was quick and grippy but man the Scuderia felt like a race car it was ridiculous
I'm not talking about >$200,000 cars. I'd fucking hope they felt different or it'd be a huge waste of money.

What I'm referring to is the average enthusiast ideal sports car, something in the $25,000 to $35,000 range. And for comparisons sake we need to keep them from the same manufacturer because a Toyota will feel way different from a Nissan just because its a Toyota, and its a Nissan.

But look at Toyota's sports car line up... Oh wait. Never mind.
Lets look at Toyota's line up. Corolla, Matrix, Yaris, Camry, Venza, Prius and Avalon. Camry, Matrix and Corolla are basically the same cars with different dresses on and a little different feel due to different weights. Not a huge difference though, you'd swear you were in the same car. I think any of these cars "at the limit" will have the exact same feel as one another based on how they build them to all be similar to control.

Same thing applies to Fords, Chevs, Dodge/Chrysler, Honda, Nissan, Mitsubishi, Suzuki, Subaru -- They build their calls to all handle and drive the same predictable way, because its "safer".
Siriusly.Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 10:54 AM   #306
matadormi5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisGUY View Post
no toyota no buy, scion is a piece of crap brand.. same range as hyundai
....oh my god, I won't even begin to explain how senseless this is.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:01 AM   #307
C-Bone

Drives: '03 Tiburon
Quote:

Lol
Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 AM   #308
Zaku
-Proud of Brzerhood-

Drives: '17 BRZ CWP LMT.
Thanked 1,725 Times in 790 Posts
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quote:
Give him a break maybe he's from the early 90's era of Hyundai. And hasn't seen that in this Era they not as bad as before.... but still...err maybe they're still some truth to it.
Zaku is offline   Reply With Quote