follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

View Poll Results: Do you have the described AT issues?
Yes, but I've ignored them 41 34.17%
Yes, TSB fixed it 14 11.67%
Yes, dealer fix did not help 12 10.00%
No everything is fine 53 44.17%
Voters: 120. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 01-27-2016, 12:35 PM   #99
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Drives: 2023 GR SUPRA,15 FR-S (SOLD)
Thanked 2,100 Times in 1,397 Posts
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole View Post
Just received a call from Scion Canada. Apparently they need to do some more investigating into my issues at the dealership. And they also need to see if there is a Canadian equivalent to this TSB.

Out of curiosity, where can I even find any info about TSB's? Is it something dealerships have but keep in the dark? Is it publicly available info? I cannot find anything except for recalls.

It's sort of publicly available, I got the main tsb for this issue by paying for a techstream subscription and then downloading it and then giving it to someone to post on the issues and TSB thread. You would have to pay $15-$20 to gain access to techstream, I'd personally just let your scion canada group do their investigation they might expand the TSB to more cars because of it.
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
FRSBRZGT86FAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:00 PM   #100
V_86

Drives: 2015 Asphalt FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
@Cole Print out the TSB notice from the TSB thread. That's what I did and dealer actually thanked me and gave me no issues.
V_86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #101
Cole
Not a troll

Drives: FR-S
Thanked 5,399 Times in 2,694 Posts
Mentioned: 266 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by V_86 View Post
@Cole Print out the TSB notice from the TSB thread. That's what I did and dealer actually thanked me and gave me no issues.
Tried that, got told to get lost.
Cole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2016, 10:07 PM   #102
aa_chow

Drives: 2015 FR-S, 2020 Mazda 3 Sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Tried that, got told to get lost.
Try that at another dealership.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
aa_chow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 04:47 PM   #103
DashRipRock

Drives: 2015 Scion FR-S-6AT
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Did you call Oakville Toyota? It took the tech 5 mins to locate the TSB.
DashRipRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2016, 11:28 AM   #104
Hoggensteen

Drives: 2015 Subaru BRZ
Has anybody heard if there is a TSB on the Subaru side? The dealer is being less than helpful and I have the question out to corporate, but so far I have found nothing...
Hoggensteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:36 PM   #105
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by DashRipRock View Post
Did you call Oakville Toyota? It took the tech 5 mins to locate the TSB.
Interestingly enough, Toyota Canada called me today, and let me know that the dealership "Is willing to find the Canadian equivalent to the TSB, but they still believe it's due to aftermarket parts".

I swear to fucking god, if I show up, being mostly stock (aside from cat back and lowering springs) and have them refuse the service, I'm going to go absolutely mental.

The thing that drives me absolutely nuts, is that I took a completely stock '15 or '16 (honestly can't remember which) out for a drive one day while they were looking at the car in the fall and it did THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING. Yet, it's still "aftermarket this, aftermarket that". If you're reading this right now, Toyota Corporate, give your collective heads a shake. This is an absolutely stellar way to lose business, and I will make damn sure that I post everywhere I possibly can about how I've been treated by you guys if I can't get this resolved because I have lowering springs on my car.

If I absolutely have to, I will spend the 3 hours taking the springs off and come back again and again and continue to waste your time with this problem that seems absolutely impossible to fix.

Another thing that drives me up the wall, is that at the Scion dealership here, you can get the dealership to buy you any aftermarket parts you want, that they will install and roll it all into your monthly payment on your brand new car. If that doesn't tell a client that it's ok to modify your car, I don't even know what kind of fuckery they're trying to pull.

/rant

Will report back here once/if this gets dealt with either today or tomorrow.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (02-08-2016), MechEGR (02-09-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 02:52 PM   #106
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Interestingly enough, Toyota Canada called me today, and let me know that the dealership "Is willing to find the Canadian equivalent to the TSB, but they still believe it's due to aftermarket parts".

I swear to fucking god, if I show up, being mostly stock (aside from cat back and lowering springs) and have them refuse the service, I'm going to go absolutely mental.

The thing that drives me absolutely nuts, is that I took a completely stock '15 or '16 (honestly can't remember which) out for a drive one day while they were looking at the car in the fall and it did THE EXACT SAME FUCKING THING. Yet, it's still "aftermarket this, aftermarket that". If you're reading this right now, Toyota Corporate, give your collective heads a shake. This is an absolutely stellar way to lose business, and I will make damn sure that I post everywhere I possibly can about how I've been treated by you guys if I can't get this resolved because I have lowering springs on my car.

If I absolutely have to, I will spend the 3 hours taking the springs off and come back again and again and continue to waste your time with this problem that seems absolutely impossible to fix.

Another thing that drives me up the wall, is that at the Scion dealership here, you can get the dealership to buy you any aftermarket parts you want, that they will install and roll it all into your monthly payment on your brand new car. If that doesn't tell a client that it's ok to modify your car, I don't even know what kind of fuckery they're trying to pull.

/rant

Will report back here once/if this gets dealt with either today or tomorrow.

That's quite disheartening to hear, its too bad you can't just hope over the border to some dealership in the US and get them to flash it
*SOLD*OFT Stage 2 UEL E85/Nameless Performance 3 inch axleback with 5 inch mufflers/ TRD CAI / CNT UEL/ Cusco Strut BAR & LHD Brake Stop / "JDM" Toyota Badges / WinJet JDM headlights - DRL MOD from fteightysix.com - 5000K Diode Dynamics HID kit / Diode Dynamics LED interior Lights and sidemarker bulbs / JDM Clear Sidemarkers / Diode Dynamics LED switchbacks/ OLM LED rear turn signals / Tap Turn Relay*SOLD*
Old 02-08-2016, 03:11 PM   #107
Cole
Not a troll

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSBRZGT86FAN View Post
That's quite disheartening to hear, its too bad you can't just hope over the border to some dealership in the US and get them to flash it
Already getting the "but this is an American TSB" song and dance here. So angry.
Old 02-08-2016, 04:05 PM   #108
Cole
Not a troll

Just got back from the dealership. They performed the update.

Took the long way home (10km instead of 2km) and had it on CC and going over 80kmh for the majority of it, downshifting manually a lot of the time and it seems to be gone. Hopefully this is good for the long term. But it does look like it's now fixed.

Just really wish I didn't have to go through corporate to get it resolved.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cole For This Useful Post:
FRSBRZGT86FAN (02-08-2016), MechEGR (02-09-2016), soulreapersteve (02-08-2016)
Old 02-08-2016, 04:27 PM   #109
FRSBRZGT86FAN

Quote:
Just got back from the dealership. They performed the update.

Took the long way home (10km instead of 2km) and had it on CC and going over 80kmh for the majority of it, downshifting manually a lot of the time and it seems to be gone. Hopefully this is good for the long term. But it does look like it's now fixed.

Just really wish I didn't have to go through corporate to get it resolved.
Hopefully because of that they will expand the TSB for more vins and to canada.
Old 03-10-2016, 02:14 PM   #110
rjgough95

Drives: 13 Subaru BRZ, 02 7.3 F350 Diesel
Im going to be bring this up with my local Subaru Saturday morning for my 2013 BRZ and see what they say to me.
2.5" Non-resonated Perrin catback - Hks dual resonator front pipe - Borla UEL headers - K&N drop in - Supertek intake pipe - Megans Racing strut bar - Racer X Fabrication cylinder brace - Valenti tail lights - Veloxs Motorsports front splitter - Galvez Customs rear diffuser - Open Flash Tuner - GCS paddles - Apex ARC8 Track Wheels
rjgough95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2016, 10:50 PM   #111
Cole
Not a troll

Just checking in, still good.
Old 03-10-2016, 11:35 PM   #112
KalbiCool88

Drives: 2005 SLK350, 2015 RS 1.0 FRS
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Will be bringing my vehicle in tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
KalbiCool88 is offline   Reply With Quote