follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 11-19-2012, 10:46 PM   #15
jmaryt
Banned

Drives: 2012 honda civic ex
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
people really do suck when it comes to this kind of thing!
can't figure why people are so fuc*ing hateful sometimes!
just show respect for each other,and one's property,the world
would be a better place for everyone!..just sayin'
jmaryt is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jmaryt For This Useful Post:
IntotheOcean (11-20-2012), kanundrum (11-19-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 06:21 AM   #16
dori.
Seņor Member

Drives: white BRZ 6MT
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
I said it before and I'll say it again:

DON'T park your car far away from everyone else. It just draws attention to it

me personally, I'm not overprotective of the car. it's a 28k car at most and it's not some rare treasure.

that doesn't mean I don't care about it, but I don't obsess over it.
dori. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dori. For This Useful Post:
e30kawi (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 10:12 AM   #17
Mr.Bobbino

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I tend to do a walk around the car every morning or any time i leave the car out in a parking lot. I also tend to avoid large parking lots with a lot of moving traffic. I have my spray painted car for those adventures
Mr.Bobbino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:23 AM   #18
Turbowned

Drives: 2017 Subaru BRZ Perf Pack 6MT
Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,150 Posts
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Garage
I don't even have one yet, but I've already gone from the idea of having it as my daily driver year 'round to "Maybe I should buy a winter beater so I can garage it for the winter"...

And then to "Maybe I shouldn't have it as my daily driver... you know, I should get a different daily driver so I can just enjoy it on weekends".

I'm seriously contemplating keeping my 195,000 mile BMW and daily driving it instead of a new, warrantied BRZ that's faster, more comfortable and gets better gas mileage.

I have to make sure I have an extra $1500 to drive it straight to the detailer and have OptiCoat and clear bra put on immediately. I'm even thinking of buying a couple orange cones to put on either side of the car if I should park it at the back of a lot, so no jerk-offs park next to it. And I'm going to buy an orbital polisher. And maybe put heat in my garage so it doesn't spend the winter in the cold.

AM I CRAZY??

(I've done the same thing with the MR2. It used to be a daily driver, then I stopped driving it in the winter, then I stopped driving it in the rain, then I stopped driving it.)

Current: 2005 Porsche 911 Carrera S 6MT
Previous: 2 BRZ's, 997 C2S, C5 RS6, C4 S6, B8 S4, GDB STi, S30 240Z, FC3S RX-7 TII, AW11/SW20 MR2, E30 318is/325i, etc.
Turbowned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 10:54 AM   #19
eXtreme Burrito!

Drives: Hot Lava Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post
I don't even have one yet, but I've already gone from the idea of having it as my daily driver year 'round to "Maybe I should buy a winter beater so I can garage it for the winter"...

And then to "Maybe I shouldn't have it as my daily driver... you know, I should get a different daily driver so I can just enjoy it on weekends".

I'm seriously contemplating keeping my 195,000 mile BMW and daily driving it instead of a new, warrantied BRZ that's faster, more comfortable and gets better gas mileage.

I have to make sure I have an extra $1500 to drive it straight to the detailer and have OptiCoat and clear bra put on immediately. I'm even thinking of buying a couple orange cones to put on either side of the car if I should park it at the back of a lot, so no jerk-offs park next to it. And I'm going to buy an orbital polisher. And maybe put heat in my garage so it doesn't spend the winter in the cold.

AM I CRAZY??

(I've done the same thing with the MR2. It used to be a daily driver, then I stopped driving it in the winter, then I stopped driving it in the rain, then I stopped driving it.)

Just saw your location in MA. I was in Syracuse for College. Seeing as how you live in a location that actually has a winter, garaging it and keeping a beater for those winter months isn't a bad idea...but in the summer? Drag that badboy out!
eXtreme Burrito! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:32 AM   #20
Books

Drives: Ultramarine FR-S (MT)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Mines my daily (and only) car so I don't have the luxury of garaging it. I am a bit protective, but I'm also aware that it's a $25k sports car. The act of driving it puts your car at risk anyways, so to me I'm not going to worry too much and enjoy the car.
Old 11-20-2012, 12:07 PM   #21
gily25

Drives: Silica BRZ 6MT
If it's new I'm careful about parking...doesn't matter what kind of car it is...new cars are expensive and I'm not interested in making payments for something that looks like shit.

As for the garage at work...I learned the hard way (when someone tried to take my Jeep) leaving it in an unsecured surface lot is a bad idea...everyone knows those cars are there for at least 8 hours...It probably cost more than I saved over the years parking there to replace the steering column.
gily25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:16 PM   #22
jstn

Drives: '15 Vortech Supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by dori. View Post
me personally, I'm not overprotective of the car. it's a 28k car at most and it's not some rare treasure.

that doesn't mean I don't care about it, but I don't obsess over it.
This. I mean, obviously I love the car and I take good care of it, but it's not exactly a priceless treasure. Its a fun dd, I commute in it, I don't own any other vehicles.

Plus mine's had cone marks on it since it was about a week old, so I got that over with early. It's not a show-car.
jstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:31 PM   #23
Skurj

Drives: SOLD...
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbowned View Post

AM I CRAZY??

Just ordered my FRS and alotta the same stuff is going through my head too!
Replaced with 18 50th edition ND
Skurj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 12:40 PM   #24
Hachiroku
Administrator

Drives: Boxster 986
Thanked 1,977 Times in 344 Posts
Mentioned: 172 Post(s)
Tagged: 5 Thread(s)
Thread cleaned up.

Any discussions/talk about defacing someone else's car or property will be promptly deleted.

And if anyone wants to brag about it, they'll have their accounts terminated without warning. Grow up.
Hachiroku is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Hachiroku For This Useful Post:
e30kawi (11-20-2012), Jayde (11-20-2012), Subie (11-20-2012), zaptorque (11-20-2012)
Old 11-20-2012, 03:26 PM   #25
Dave-ROR
Site Moderator

Drives: Stuff
Thanked 5,965 Times in 2,689 Posts
Mentioned: 262 Post(s)
Tagged: 8 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pr086 View Post
does the frs have you thinking about where you're going before driving it there. such as how congested the area is, will there be a big parking lot where you can park away from others etc. basically how over protective are you of your new baby? have you decided not to go somewhere because you didn't want to leave your car there?
My BRZ doesn't. Coming from rare and high theft target Honda's it's a relief to just park this thing anywhere I want and not worry one bit about it.
Tow: 2022 F-450
Toys: 2001 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, 1993 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1994 Toyota MR2 Turbo, 1991 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
Parts: 2015 Subaru BRZ Limited, 2005 Acura TSX
Projects: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited track car build
FS: 2004 GMC Sierra 2500 LT CCSB 8.1/Allison with 99k miles
Dave-ROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 04:40 PM   #26
IntotheOcean

Drives: Sexy Frs Firestorm M/T
Thanked 1,636 Times in 760 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmaryt View Post
people really do suck when it comes to this kind of thing!
can't figure why people are so fuc*ing hateful sometimes!
just show respect for each other,and one's property,the world
would be a better place for everyone!..just sayin'
A lot of times people do this because they are driving a piece of shit that makes them depressed. Than look over and see a super sexy car and it makes them even more depressed/jealous.

But If I ever saw a frs parked- I would take a shit ton of pics and treat it like gold
IntotheOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #27
IloveBaldEagles

Drives: Gray.
Thanked 2,086 Times in 995 Posts
Mentioned: 67 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
This is how I park at work from 8-12 hours on certain days.

Overprotective much?

IloveBaldEagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 06:55 PM   #28
eXtreme Burrito!

Drives: Hot Lava Scion FR-S
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sekal View Post
This is how I park at work from 8-12 hours on certain days.

Overprotective much?

I've done this before, but it's also basically a great way to attract people to park next to your car, or assume you're a douchebag and basically walk over and key it.
eXtreme Burrito! is offline   Reply With Quote