follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List
jpit

Old 04-01-2013, 08:41 PM   #1541
Chewie4299
Spaceman

Drives: 2013 Firestorm Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The two products on this board that I am ANXIOUSLY awaiting more info on are the Innovate S/C and the Nameless header.

I'm fecked..... at least Nameless talks to us.
Chewie4299 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chewie4299 For This Useful Post:
Calum (04-01-2013), civicdrivr (04-01-2013)
Old 04-01-2013, 08:59 PM   #1542
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tainen View Post
Well, I took mine out for a spin.

Still no CEL on my Nameless header, still pulls significantly better than stock. 179 WHP without a tune, fellas. Just a header, catted downpipe, and axleback.

-That one guy with a nameless header that everyone hates
Have you thought about getting that Gen 1 proto tuned?

Also I think another guy has (or is getting) a Gen 1 (unless it's you on FB).

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:12 PM   #1543
FRSWiLLY

Drives: 2013 Asphalt
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
where this header be!?!? i need MOAR POWA!
FRSWiLLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:13 AM   #1544
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Drives: Perrin/VORTECH Supercharger TestBRZ
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Well, I took mine out for a spin.

Still no CEL on my Nameless header, still pulls significantly better than stock. 179 WHP without a tune, fellas. Just a header, catted downpipe, and axleback.

-That one guy with a nameless header that everyone hates
Bro, yes you are one lucky ...member

I am also on the receiving end of proto product, and I dont know how it happens, but man, am I ever thankful to be that guy when it happens.

There are alot of folks curious to see 3rd party dynos of these headers, ideally on the same car at the same dyno. I have planned dyno days, not just one with the same vendor. I cant tell you to tune, or go dyno your car, but man would I like to see quantified qualified numbers on this header. Do you have a planned build? Not often you see untuned cars with headers, sorta like adding an intake without a tune.

We as those proto folks get to be scientists about it, and have the opportunity to give the community something when we tune, dyno pre and post, so let me just add I am curious for you to baseline your car, and dyno it(my shop has a baseline of our car, not mine specific, but an frs, was it 155whp or 159?) and then we have dyno'd at each major milestone since. Now, I bring my car up to a level, leave it there, create logs, go a thousand miles before upping it another notch, so my build has plateaus built into its timeline by intent so i can dyno as I build.

If there is any way I could get my hands on a Nameless header @Jason@Nameless, I'd love to see what that would do for my car going from my stock header with my otherwise well tuned FI car, and full 2.5" perrin headerback that has been successful on the dyno, whether you like the sound, loudness, price or not. I'd gladly return it with shipping at my expense. I'll admit I;m very curious about the helmholtz, so if you all want to see a perrin vs nameless dyno I can do that with a little vendor support.

I also happen to have a Borla Equal length on order, tho its delayed as per my last update from borla, seems like it was still scheduled for release...I scored myself some tester pricing, so I couldnt say no(Like going out to dinner good pricing, pretty much materials), so I'm eager to try out a 'production header' and what prompted this post was, I had a member mention a possible path enabling me to test out a P&L Header. I'd be interested to be a tester/early adopter, especially if there is a return policy, or ideally you send me used, proto or ealr production build product, and its not me you're listening to, it would be results off a Maha dyno, unlike dynojet you really cant play with the numbers so its a higher standard of accuracy and a typical low reader, which is why I use them, they can also do a load test that many dynos can not for real world drivability on the dyno.

I'd love to test out a few headers before I buy one, so unless there is a shop thats not selling any of them thats here to volunteer, consider me ready.

Since I am in the market for a header, and Borla and Nameless are topping my list- Borla, well, I know their product well, its a huge shop and I've had my order in since they announced an equal length option. Nameless well, they seem to be doing some real nice work, so I wanna see what the boutiquey stuff is looking like, and have to admit, P&L does nice work too, saw and drove their turbo kit, FBM seems to have a growing offering for our cars too, these guys all have nice piping on the rest of their kits, seem to have welding and fabrication under control, so yeah, my door is wide open on this item as far as vendor, that I plan to add late in the game, tuning with the oe header as much as I can. I do my own work and a little experience on this forum and in real life as a tester, tho some may argue my forum presence as different

I think running 91 is the ticket for all of this, while the e85 dyno may help sell stuff, its further from a controlled test if you ask me. I see better results with 92 than 91, seems half the country gets 91 and the other gets 93, so there IS a different result with each on our high cr motors. I always run 91 and if we have time, I up the octane to see what happens when i travel or get to a track where there is better gas on hand. Dyno time isnt cheap, but its budgeted into my planned build, no other way to do it and be able to prove why you did something.

I hope I havent upset anyone with my post, but read this and am thinking out loud

-hopeful 3rd party dyno guy who wants to try out some headers for the community.
Huehuecoyotl is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Huehuecoyotl For This Useful Post:
P&L Motorsports (04-02-2013)
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #1545
xjohnx
Grip>Slip

Drives: 13 SWP BRZ Ltd - Innovate Powered!
Thanked 1,716 Times in 1,031 Posts
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Nameless has stated numerous times they've got all the testers they need. Let's not start this again.
xjohnx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #1546
civicdrivr

Drives: 2018 Golf R
Thanked 1,095 Times in 647 Posts
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
I would like to see what this header will do on the Vortech system though.
Old 04-02-2013, 11:05 AM   #1547
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by civicdrivr View Post
I would like to see what this header will do on the Vortech system though.
You n me both, NA is fun, but let me tell you, I ran a pretty robust NA setup before I went FI, I've driven NA e85 too and if its something you can get to try, drive a SC, and drive a turbo 86, they ARE different, indeed. Both way awesome, and head and shoulders above any NA result.

Either way, I've always wanted equal length for my setup, so there are only some vendors who seem to be doing that.
Old 04-02-2013, 12:24 PM   #1548
Dimman
Kuruma Otaku

Drives: Mk3 Supra with Semi-built 7MGTE
Thanked 2,265 Times in 1,234 Posts
Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post

I am also on the receiving end of proto product, and I dont know how it happens, but man, am I ever thankful to be that guy when it happens.

There are alot of folks curious to see 3rd party dynos of these headers, ideally on the same car at the same dyno. I have planned dyno days, not just one with the same vendor. I cant tell you to tune, or go dyno your car, but man would I like to see quantified qualified numbers on this header. Do you have a planned build? Not often you see untuned cars with headers, sorta like adding an intake without a tune.

We as those proto folks get to be scientists about it, and have the opportunity to give the community something when we tune, dyno pre and post, so let me just add I am curious for you to baseline your car, and dyno it(my shop has a baseline of our car, not mine specific, but an frs, was it 155whp or 159?) and then we have dyno'd at each major milestone since. Now, I bring my car up to a level, leave it there, create logs, go a thousand miles before upping it another notch, so my build has plateaus built into its timeline by intent so i can dyno as I build.

If there is any way I could get my hands on a Nameless header @Jason@Nameless, I'd love to see what that would do for my car going from my stock header with my otherwise well tuned FI car, and full 2.5" perrin headerback that has been successful on the dyno, whether you like the sound, loudness, price or not. I'd gladly return it with shipping at my expense. I'll admit I;m very curious about the helmholtz, so if you all want to see a perrin vs nameless dyno I can do that with a little vendor support.

I also happen to have a Borla Equal length on order, tho its delayed as per my last update from borla, seems like it was still scheduled for release...I scored myself some tester pricing, so I couldnt say no(Like going out to dinner good pricing, pretty much materials), so I'm eager to try out a 'production header' and what prompted this post was, I had a member mention a possible path enabling me to test out a P&L Header. I'd be interested to be a tester/early adopter, especially if there is a return policy, or ideally you send me used, proto or ealr production build product, and its not me you're listening to, it would be results off a Maha dyno, unlike dynojet you really cant play with the numbers so its a higher standard of accuracy and a typical low reader, which is why I use them, they can also do a load test that many dynos can not for real world drivability on the dyno.

I'd love to test out a few headers before I buy one, so unless there is a shop thats not selling any of them thats here to volunteer, consider me ready.

Since I am in the market for a header, and Borla and Nameless are topping my list- Borla, well, I know their product well, its a huge shop and I've had my order in since they announced an equal length option. Nameless well, they seem to be doing some real nice work, so I wanna see what the boutiquey stuff is looking like, and have to admit, P&L does nice work too, saw and drove their turbo kit, FBM seems to have a growing offering for our cars too, these guys all have nice piping on the rest of their kits, seem to have welding and fabrication under control, so yeah, my door is wide open on this item as far as vendor, that I plan to add late in the game, tuning with the oe header as much as I can. I do my own work and a little experience on this forum and in real life as a tester, tho some may argue my forum presence as different

I think running 91 is the ticket for all of this, while the e85 dyno may help sell stuff, its further from a controlled test if you ask me. I see better results with 92 than 91, seems half the country gets 91 and the other gets 93, so there IS a different result with each on our high cr motors. I always run 91 and if we have time, I up the octane to see what happens when i travel or get to a track where there is better gas on hand. Dyno time isnt cheap, but its budgeted into my planned build, no other way to do it and be able to prove why you did something.

I hope I havent upset anyone with my post, but read this and am thinking out loud

-hopeful 3rd party dyno guy who wants to try out some headers for the community.
I think I remember @Boosted2.0 offering this at their shop. In their thread where they were playing on the dyno with cam timing and stuff.

Because titanium.
Dimman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #1549
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
Have you thought about getting that Gen 1 proto tuned?

Also I think another guy has (or is getting) a Gen 1 (unless it's you on FB).

I've thought about it long and hard, yeah. The AFRs on the car seem decent without a tune, and this helps prove the part imo- especially the fact that it's got zero CELs after thousands of miles without anyone touching the ECU. It's definitely on the list- I do know Bob @ Drift Office would love to do it, too.

Quote:

<Snip>
Yes, I've got baselines, runs with just downpipe/axleback, runs with downpipe/axleback with overpipe, runs with the header added, and also runs on a separate dyno to prove power (the numbers were within 2-3whp overall). Most all of that has been all posted in my build thread, which hasn't been updated since the end of last track season.
Old 04-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #1550
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Garage
Quote:

Yes, I've got baselines, runs with just downpipe/axleback, runs with downpipe/axleback with overpipe, runs with the header added, and also runs on a separate dyno to prove power (the numbers were within 2-3whp overall). Most all of that has been all posted in my build thread, which hasn't been updated since the end of last track season.
sorry, can you help me find them, got a link?
Old 04-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #1551
Tainen

Drives: First SWP BRZ-L
Quote:
sorry, can you help me find them, got a link?
Sure no problem.

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5849

Baseline runs:

Vid of the header/axleback/downpipe run, at a different shop- this confirmed the numbers that Nameless got:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVps4LgGloo"]Drift-Office : Subaru BRZ 6MT Dyno Run... 179WHP / 148TQ !!! - YouTube[/ame]

vid of the whole setup on a handling oval(Video'd by Jason himself, haha):
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98lXkLVhmzc"]Modified Subaru BRZ handling oval - YouTube[/ame]
I believe this one is the catted header, not the catless.

The catless header:
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6p6j11BbD8"]BSCC Autocross school - YouTube[/ame]
The Following User Says Thank You to Tainen For This Useful Post:
Huehuecoyotl (04-03-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 01:18 PM   #1552
Boosted2.0

Drives: 13 FR-S, 00 Spyder&Celica, 08 Tundr
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimman View Post
I think I remember @Boosted2.0 offering this at their shop. In their thread where they were playing on the dyno with cam timing and stuff.
Correct - we have a standing offer that if any manufacturer wants to send us a product we will put it on our car and offer properly executed 3rd party testing. The only caviat is that since it is non paid work, they have to be patient and wait till we have sufficient time.

So far we have 2 products that we will be testing in the coming month.
Boosted2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Boosted2.0 For This Useful Post:
Dimman (04-05-2013), ngabdala (04-15-2013)
Old 04-05-2013, 09:34 PM   #1553
Huehuecoyotl
Banned

Garage
what 2 products?
gem
Old 04-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #1554
LeeMaster
Red wine

Drives: Subaru BRZ(R.I.P)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Any updates? Any higher numbers? Any release date? something

Tags
21 months no dyno, 22 months no vendor dyno, 22months4rattles&leakssmh, amazing warped qualiy, y u no tag