follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Engine, Exhaust, Transmission

Engine, Exhaust, Transmission Discuss the FR-S | 86 | BRZ engine, exhaust and drivetrain.

User Tag List

Old 08-24-2019, 03:52 PM   #1
Glitchy86

Drives: Red 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help me choosing the best catback for me!

Hey guys I had to make a new thread as I didn't get that much help from the catback thread.

I'm saving up to get a catback in a month or two.

I like deep sound exhaust I have been watching so many videos of different catbacks and has narrow it down to these 3.

Greddy evo gt

Invidia N2

Borla S (something not sure about the name)

I know the sound on the video on YT are not very accurate and sadly not many 86's around where I live (Saudi Arabia).

Based of YT videos I like the Greddy's sound the most but I'm so afraid about how low the exhaust is. I'll be installing new wheels and will be installing the Eibach pro kit. Will the Greddy evo gt be scraping every where I go? Or it won't be that much of a difference with 1" drop. I'm worried the most about angled "roads" like going up in the parking lot....etc.

As for the Invidia N2 I'm not sure if the sound of it is very deep like the greddy or borla, some videos shows it as a deep sounding exhaust and some not. If you have one or heard one pls share your thoughts.

Finally the Borla which I like how deep the sound of it but it seems very quiet from the videos I've seen, again if you have one or heard one IRL please share your thoughts.

Your help is appreciated, Thanks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Glitchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:12 PM   #2
86TOYO2k17

Drives: 2017 toyota 86
Thanked 1,188 Times in 781 Posts
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Header makes a big difference in exhaust tone as well as resonators. Cats effect volume more and a little tone. So hard to say what something will sound like for certain until the exact setup is tested.
You didn't mention if you have a header or front pipe or are planning on getting one. Also didn't mention what volume you are after.

With all that being said I have no experience with those 3 catbacks. But i do have csg mxp touring86 catback. It is a deeper (but not too deep) clean, crisp sound, no drone or rasp. Sounds very good. being 2.75” has great flow for both NA and FI. And is one of the quietest catbacks, with full headerback and no cats its barely louder then stock. Not annoying to daily drive at all.

Last edited by 86TOYO2k17; 08-24-2019 at 05:31 PM.
86TOYO2k17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2019, 05:56 PM   #3
Glitchy86

Drives: Red 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86TOYO2k17 View Post
Header makes a big difference in exhaust tone as well as resonators. Cats effect volume more and a little tone. So hard to say what something will sound like for certain until the exact setup is tested.
You didn't mention if you have a header or front pipe or are planning on getting one. Also didn't mention what volume you are after.

With all that being said I have no experience with those 3 catbacks. But i do have csg mxp touring86 catback. It is a deeper (but not too deep) clean, crisp sound, no drone or rasp. Sounds very good. being 2.75” has great flow for both NA and FI. And is one of the quietest catbacks, with full headerback and no cats its barely louder then stock. Not annoying to daily drive at all.
My car is pretty stock only 9000km. I just got myself a nice set wheels and lowering springs.

Never heard the sound of the MXP touring only heard the MXP comp RS which os stupid loud. I will check it out for sure.

I really like the Greddy's evo gt but it looks like it will scrape everywhere.

Thanks for your help.

Glitchy86 is offline   Reply With Quote