follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Wheels | Tires | Spacers | Hub -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack Specific topics relating to wheels and tires.

User Tag List

Old 03-10-2014, 07:31 PM   #1
Crazy Drew

Drives: Smells like tires when I drive
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sigh... Rotiform (rant)

Maybe I'm being irrational here but I figured I'd share my story as to why I will never be a Rotiform customer...

About 2 weeks ago I purchased a set of Rotiform NUE's in 18x9.5, or at least I though I did. Through no fault of their own the company I purchased them through (drop ships Rotiform, does not stock) contacted me promptly to inform me that Rotiform had these backordered. Cool, no big deal. I can wait a little while for something I really like...

Flash forward to today. I'm getting a little antsy at this point as the money is out of my hands and I hadn't recieved any updates. So, I call Rotiform. Low and behold the wheels are on backorder and Rotiform is currently waiting on a new shipment. Ok, so I ask "do you have any idea when the container with the new wheels will be here?" and the answer I recieve is "nope".

So, let me get this straight. You're a large, multi-national wheel corporation and at this point you have millions of dollars worth of inventory you can't account for. You don't know where this is? I asked if they would be here at some point this month and was told "nope" again.

To be honest it sounds like the guy I spoke with on the phone was really just trying to get me to hang up so he could go back to playing candy crush saga or some BS.

These NUE's were just supposed to be "temporary" while I was saving to have them making me a 3pc set... They won't be getting any of my money now... Not with customer service like that...

Thankfully the retailer I purchased the wheels from is willing to work with me to get me something else I want. If they were a supporting vendor here I'd rave more about their customer service.
Crazy Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:40 PM   #2
mfbmike

Drives: 2013 FRS, 2008 R32
Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Garage
brotiforms
mfbmike is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mfbmike For This Useful Post:
z3ro (03-10-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 07:43 PM   #3
wheelhaus

Drives: 2013 BRZ, 2020 KTM Super Duke 1290R
Thanked 1,141 Times in 624 Posts
Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
If they're coming on a container, he might not actually know when they're arriving. The manufacturing plant may not go through this guy in particular to schedule their manufacturing runs...

Did you discuss it with him any further, or after he said "nope" did you instantly hang up and come here to rant?
wheelhaus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 07:49 PM   #4
SmsAlSuwaidi
Boosted

Drives: Not a supra....yet
Thanked 1,203 Times in 812 Posts
Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
i have visited their own shop ( office ) to buy my NUEs, and to be honest they are very cocky.
SmsAlSuwaidi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #5
Crazy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelhaus View Post
If they're coming on a container, he might not actually know when they're arriving. The manufacturing plant may not go through this guy in particular to schedule their manufacturing runs...

Did you discuss it with him any further, or after he said "nope" did you instantly hang up and come here to rant?
After I asked him if they would be here this month and was given the answer I pretty much said the same thing "so you have a couple million dollars worth of inventory that can't be accounted for right now" and he said "well, it hasn't even been loaded on the container yet".

At that point I hung up, started my search for wheels again and made the necessary concessions to get my project back on track.

You're right in that they may have no idea when they'll get them but the way it was finally conveyed to me that they haven't even left port yet makes me think they know exactly where they are in the manufacturing process and have a timeframe narrowed down to at least what month it would be arriving. I'm not asking for my set to be specially made and airfreighted to me at their cost, I just want to know that my money isn't going to be tied up for 6mo. Or if it is, at least let me know that it'll be 6 months, not just a when it gets here it gets here kind of thing.

I'm big on customer service. Honestly, I'll pay +/- 10% on parts just to get good customer service. The industry I'm in demands nothing but the utmost service from what we deliver and some of that has rubbed off on me. I might be a mofo when it comes to this stuff but it seems to me as though Rotiform doesn't want the customers. #firstworldproblems
Old 03-10-2014, 08:08 PM   #6
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfbmike View Post
brotiforms
i srsly burst out laughing in the middle of Greenville-Spartanburg airport when i read this.
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #7
mfbmike

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmsAlSuwaidi View Post
i have visited their own shop ( office ) to buy my NUEs, and to be honest they are very cocky.
too many scene points to give a shit

I will probably never a rock a set of rotiforms knowing where their wheels are from.

with that being said, they filled a huge niche when it was ripe for the picking - right around the time mk5 VW's came out and air suspension/stance got popular

people gobbled the shit up
Old 03-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #8
mfbmike

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by z3ro View Post
i srsly burst out laughing in the middle of Greenville-Spartanburg airport when i read this.

LOL YES
Old 03-10-2014, 08:13 PM   #9
JS + BRZ
Banned

Drives: 2010 MS3
Thanked 1,161 Times in 597 Posts
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Because Rotiform
JS + BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:15 PM   #10
z3ro
Banned

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
z3ro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 08:43 PM   #11
RRnold
2 wheel member

Drives: JZA80, 997.1, Taco
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Can you get your money back? I thought about Rotiforms since they are local but damn their customer service sucks.

They took a week to finally reply to my email and didn't answer their phone the 2 times I tried to call them.

So I said eff them and went with CCW instead; 10x better customer service. Now they are making my D110's and Rotiform lost a customer.

Old 03-10-2014, 09:05 PM   #12
Crazy Drew

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRnold View Post
Can you get your money back? I thought about Rotiforms since they are local but damn their customer service sucks.

They took a week to finally reply to my email and didn't answer their phone the 2 times I tried to call them.

So I said eff them and went with CCW instead; 10x better customer service. Now they are making my D110's and Rotiform lost a customer.
Oh yeah, got my money back and new budget wheels on the way while I save up for something over the top. I'm somehow not surprised that I'm not the only one with less than a desireable customer service history. $10 says Rotiform doesn't exist in 5 years, you can only survive on being "scene" for so long.
The Following User Says Thank You to Crazy Drew For This Useful Post:
RRnold (03-13-2014)
Old 03-10-2014, 10:15 PM   #13
Scaldy

Drives: 2013 red FR-S mt
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I could have been running rims last year but I would have had to run budget wheels. So no big deal, I chose to keep saving my money and now I can afford something of more quality
Scaldy is offline   Reply With Quote