follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum

BRZ Photos, Videos, Wallpapers, Gallery Forum All photos, videos and other media related to the Subaru BRZ

User Tag List

Old 04-24-2012, 10:27 AM   #1
dragon1522000

Drives: 11 wrx lightning red
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BRZ on display at local auto x

This past sunday (4/22/12) our local Subaru Rep brought out a galaxy blue brz premium auto to the local Fort Wayne, In auto x event. I'm a tech at the local subaru dealer here in Fort Wayne. Our dealership has taking a big step forward sponsoring local events for the FW region scca and asked our rep to bring out a brz to an event. The rep showed up bright and early before the first run started. Although the temperature was kinda cold weather wasn't the best he stood outside answering questions, passing out brochures, and even gave away Subaru coffee mugs for about 7hrs. Big thanks to him and Subaru for doing this. Much like all of the people on here I can't wait to receive my brz i check my von daily this site hourly hoping for any update i can find. I currently have a 11 lightning red hatch wrx (previously owned 04wrx, 05sti, 07 2.5i, two turbo integras and one na built gsr integra) none of which have had me more excited than the brz. Not many pictures do the car justice it just has to be seen in person. I thought the galaxy blue would be the worst color for the brz and after seeing it in person that opinion has changed. If you ordered that color you will not be disappointed it looks great. I also thought the brz in certain pics looks like the hyundai genesis that also isn't true once you see it in person. It is however much smaller than it looks in pics. I asked the rep who has driven the auto and manual brz how it compares to his s2k and he stated the brz is just a better all around car! forgive the picture quality and run on sentences not a photographer or english teacher just wanted to share a little info and some pics (also the dark grey metallic limited manual is one i seen at another Subaru meet i know we all like pics so the more the better you can also see the interior differences between the two models as well( tried to take pictures of everything) this is my first post so i promise they will get better in time thanks feel free to ask any questions or comment
Attached Images

dragon1522000 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to dragon1522000 For This Useful Post:
MarkRacerX (04-24-2012)
Old 04-24-2012, 10:36 AM   #2
NWIguy

Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
WOW

How did he get his? Like you I can't wait to get my pre ordered WRB brz. I was also surprised that there is already a BRZ in Indiana. I'm from Northwest Indiana near the Illinois border btw nice to know you're also be owning a brz soon...
NWIguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #3
DarkSunrise

Drives: 22 BRZ (Previously 13 FR-S)
Thanked 4,242 Times in 2,220 Posts
Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
In this picture, it looks like the guy on the right is taking the expression "kicking the tires" quite literally

BTW that's a nice color on the BRZ.
DarkSunrise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:39 AM   #4
dragon1522000

this was the Subaru Reps BRZ not his personal one but company car nobody has them yet besides SOA i ordered a dark grey one im going to have a meltdown if i don't get one soon lol
Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #5
dragon1522000

also no camera settings were changed while taking photos of the galaxy blue brz but you can tell like the other colors it looks very different in different light settings (taken with the nikon d3100 and lens that came with it
Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #6
Koomoo

Drives: FR-S
Good find , I can see why the DGM is so popular now very sexy... I'm pertty sure people are thinking "did I made the right choice on the color"
Koomoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:42 AM   #7
NWIguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1522000 View Post
this was the Subaru Reps BRZ not his personal one but company car nobody has them yet besides SOA i ordered a dark grey one im going to have a meltdown if i don't get one soon lol
Niiice!..I couldn't wait any longer than JUNE to be honest I pre ordered mine in Illinois since we're closer there. But anyways if we get our cars we need to meet up and roll together lol But i figured its probably like a 2 hour drive to fort wayne haha
Old 04-24-2012, 10:45 AM   #8
NWIguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koomoo View Post
Good find , I can see why the DGM is so popular now very sexy... I'm pertty sure people are thinking "did I made the right choice on the color"
I do agree that the dark gray color is pretty nice in person. I've gotten the opportunity to check it out last month at the dealership I pre ordered in Illinois. It kind of made me think twice whether I should change wrb to dgm xDD
Old 04-24-2012, 10:48 AM   #9
dragon1522000

im going to drive all over when i get my car so im down!! DGM and the galaxy blue are both great colors i was going to order the lightning red like my wrx but once i seen the DGM my mind was made up but the galaxy blue is now one of my top three choices id have and it will be not as common as the other colors my dealer still has one spot left for their allocation too so if anyone is close and still wants to order one we still have a spot available (not a salesmen or trying to earn an extra buck here but want these cars to go to the enthusiast who appreciate them first
Old 04-24-2012, 10:52 AM   #10
NWIguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koomoo View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1522000 View Post
im going to drive all over when i get my car so im down!! DGM and the galaxy blue are both great colors i was going to order the lightning red like my wrx but once i seen the DGM my mind was made up but the galaxy blue is now one of my top three choices id have and it will be not as common as the other colors my dealer still has one spot left for their allocation too so if anyone is close and still wants to order one we still have a spot available (not a salesmen or trying to earn an extra buck here but want these cars to go to the enthusiast who appreciate them first
Did your dealership give you any updates as to when they expect the cars to be on their lot? Our local dealership has not updated me with anything since early April and when I called a couple of days ago they told me the saleswoman I dealt with was on vacation lol But yea last time I visited there the GM told me that these cars will start arriving May. At least that's what they said.
Old 04-24-2012, 10:58 AM   #11
dragon1522000

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIguy View Post
Did your dealership give you any updates as to when they expect the cars to be on their lot? Our local dealership has not updated me with anything since early April and when I called a couple of days ago they told me the saleswoman I dealt with was on vacation lol But yea last time I visited there the GM told me that these cars will start arriving May. At least that's what they said.
I also was told May we should see these starting to arrive at dealers my rep said he will email me any updates so i will be sure to pass them along
Old 04-24-2012, 11:08 AM   #12
NWIguy

Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #13
Guff
Now w/ over 400 womprats!

Drives: BRZ LZR
Thanked 3,420 Times in 1,424 Posts
Mentioned: 301 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Garage
Holy giant pictures Batman!

You gotta resize/separate those pics!

Otherwise, this is awesome!!
Guff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:41 PM   #14
Koomoo

Drives: FR-S
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWIguy View Post
Niiice!..I couldn't wait any longer than JUNE to be honest I pre ordered mine in Illinois since we're closer there. But anyways if we get our cars we need to meet up and roll together lol But i figured its probably like a 2 hour drive to fort wayne haha
Yeah if u guys want to meet up (talk about cars check out other cars great fun and enjoyment and smell some rubber)... Ryephile post up some great events to attend or run at in the Regional~Great Lakes fourms i prolly will attend the Great Lakes Lotus Club and the 3Balls event in July but won't run until next year...

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4465

My Subaru dealer also told me in May when i went to go put my Pre-order down, other then that i haven't got any other leak info from my subaru dealer... but from my scion dealer i been getting leak info and been posting on the fourms.
Koomoo is offline   Reply With Quote