follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

User Tag List

Old 07-02-2023, 12:16 PM   #1
Maafeu

Drives: 2020+ Toyota FRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BIN File request from 2017+ 86 Speedo

Hey Guys,

I was doing a little upgrading on my cluster and I seem to have corrupted the BIN file responsible for the mileage.

Does anyone have a virgin / working BIN file from a 2017+ cluster I can use? I'm not sure if this make a difference for proper operation, but my cluster came from Japan on an automatic car.

For testing purposes, any bin file from a 2017+ cluster would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Maafeu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2023, 09:57 PM   #2
RedReplicant

Drives: None
Thanked 1,214 Times in 517 Posts
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maafeu View Post
Hey Guys,

I was doing a little upgrading on my cluster and I seem to have corrupted the BIN file responsible for the mileage.

Does anyone have a virgin / working BIN file from a 2017+ cluster I can use? I'm not sure if this make a difference for proper operation, but my cluster came from Japan on an automatic car.

For testing purposes, any bin file from a 2017+ cluster would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Gerald posted one here http://www.geraldjustprojects.com/wp...d-667.BIN_.zip

He also posted the main larger flash chip that has the images for menus
http://www.geraldjustprojects.com/wp...GL128S_BRZ.zip
http://www.geraldjustprojects.com/wp...6_2019_TRD.zip

Last edited by RedReplicant; 07-05-2023 at 10:07 PM.
RedReplicant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedReplicant For This Useful Post:
Maafeu (08-16-2023)
Old 07-12-2023, 10:26 AM   #3
ajaxburger

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited Perf. Pack
May be unrelated but do you have a link to a thread where I can find instructions on how to read the data on the cluster?

Have a 2017 and curious about modifying it.
Old 08-16-2023, 10:44 PM   #4
Maafeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReplicant View Post

Dude...Thanks a million. I will try it out and make sure it's all working but this is amazing. Much appreciated!!

Update: Sadly it's a bummed file. not read properly. Are there any other ones on there that you can find?

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Maafeu; 08-17-2023 at 02:00 AM.
Old 08-16-2023, 11:06 PM   #5
Maafeu

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaxburger View Post
May be unrelated but do you have a link to a thread where I can find instructions on how to read the data on the cluster?

Have a 2017 and curious about modifying it.
So first thing you'll need to do it get a chip reader, I suggest the EZP2019+. It comes with all the attachments you'll need to connect to the chip. Also comes with the software to read it. Once you connect to the chip and read there information, there's three locations within the first two lines that carry the mileage information. Those are read in Hex format and need to be updated to reflect your current mileage. Once that's updated, you'll have to write it back to your chip and you should be good to go.

I'm currently working on mine right now. i was able to play around with it on my 2013 cluster. but I'm going to try it on my 2017+ cluster.
Old 09-14-2023, 06:09 PM   #6
ajaxburger

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited Perf. Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maafeu View Post
So first thing you'll need to do it get a chip reader, I suggest the EZP2019+. It comes with all the attachments you'll need to connect to the chip. Also comes with the software to read it. Once you connect to the chip and read there information, there's three locations within the first two lines that carry the mileage information. Those are read in Hex format and need to be updated to reflect your current mileage. Once that's updated, you'll have to write it back to your chip and you should be good to go.

I'm currently working on mine right now. i was able to play around with it on my 2013 cluster. but I'm going to try it on my 2017+ cluster.

Just saw your PM.. never got around to doing it but looking at the hardware you mentioned it's definitely going to be a down-the-road project for me I've been feeling particularly lazy when it comes to tinkering with my car given the weather right now.