follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 01:25 PM   #379
Allch Chcar

Drives: N/A
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutral View Post
I am the owner, and it's in Ohio. And I think you mean infamous
More importantly, now that everyone is okay, is it totaled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonitti View Post
Daily Driver, occasional weekend drifter.
Old 06-23-2012, 02:10 PM   #380
Max Schnell

Drives: Lexus GS350 F-sport
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If it is not totaled and fixable you might as well look into some possible upgrades while redoing the front like Subaru headlights?
Old 06-23-2012, 11:13 PM   #381
neutral
Drifter-Wannabe

Drives: Firestorm MT FR-S
Send a message via AIM to neutral
Still waiting on the body shop who's waiting on Toyota for parts pricing. No idea if it's totaled and probably won't know for several more weeks.
Old 06-23-2012, 11:22 PM   #382
bestwheelbase

Drives: 1985 P-Type
Thanked 2,058 Times in 1,098 Posts
Mentioned: 50 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Still waiting on the body shop who's waiting on Toyota for parts pricing. No idea if it's totaled and probably won't know for several more weeks.
Hang tough. It's so new, support is not yet in full swing. The important thing is you are uninjured!
Old 06-25-2012, 02:26 AM   #383
Bukiya

Drives: <3
I'm a little late in the game, but I wanna get some stuff out in the open. Granted, I may be a bit harsh on you neutral, but like you said yourself, people are going to hate you.

First things first, glad that no one else got hurt, and it was just isolated to your car. And at least you tried it when there's was no cars around. But honestly, what the *bleeping* *bleep* where you thinking? Especially coming from a FWD car to a RWD one. Doing a right hand turn and flooring it in your first RWD car is one thing, but with the traction control off? You are seriously lucky that your passenger didn't get injured. Imagine if he did, what are you going to say to his family? How are you going to even make things right for them? I wonder if that ever crossed your mind before you decided to do something so stupid. I mean, honestly, if you are going to do something like that, do it when there's no one else is in the car, because you are responsible for their lives once they become your passenger. Because if it's just you, and you screw up, you're only putting your life on the line (granted that there's no other cars on the road or pedestrians). I mean, have respect for the road and for others while driving. You are VERY lucky that natural selection didn't take it's course.

I mean, we all make mistakes, yes, but something like this could have been prevented if you just THOUGHT it through beforehand. Heck, I am not an accident virgin either, so I know how it feels when you get into your first one. But like what others said, practice driving your car in a track or something so you know it's limits and how you can control it when stuff like this happens. My first car was a RWD, and it didn't have traction control. It was hella scary driving in the rain I tell you. And I did have my "drifting" moment in it because of the slick conditions, not because I was trying it because I thought it would be cool. But luckly I was able to correct it before slamming into something like a telephone pole.

But yeah, trying to take the turn fast and show off to your coworker in public roads is something more like a highschool kid would do after watching Fast and Furious movies. I mean, you are 24 for goodness sake, you shouldn't have a mentality like that. But from what I read, seems like you got your sh!t together, so that's a step in the right direction. Now we just have to wait and see who else crashes their FR-S...especially since the commercial showcases a drifting FR-S, although some drivers think they can drive like the professionals in the commercial.

You're lucky that you didn't end up like this..or anything close to this:

Last edited by Bukiya; 06-25-2012 at 02:43 AM.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:35 AM   #384
MarkMash

Drives: Toyota 86
^ I think the guy gets the idea dude, no need for a lecture with gruesome videos...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:08 AM   #385
neutral
Drifter-Wannabe

Drives: Firestorm MT FR-S
Send a message via AIM to neutral
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bukiya View Post
I'm a little late in the game, but I wanna get some stuff out in the open. Granted, I may be a bit harsh on you neutral, but like you said yourself, people are going to hate you.

First things first, glad that no one else got hurt, and it was just isolated to your car. And at least you tried it when there's was no cars around. But honestly, what the *bleeping* *bleep* where you thinking? Especially coming from a FWD car to a RWD one. Doing a right hand turn and flooring it in your first RWD car is one thing, but with the traction control off? You are seriously lucky that your passenger didn't get injured. Imagine if he did, what are you going to say to his family? How are you going to even make things right for them? I wonder if that ever crossed your mind before you decided to do something so stupid. I mean, honestly, if you are going to do something like that, do it when there's no one else is in the car, because you are responsible for their lives once they become your passenger. Because if it's just you, and you screw up, you're only putting your life on the line (granted that there's no other cars on the road or pedestrians). I mean, have respect for the road and for others while driving. You are VERY lucky that natural selection didn't take it's course.

I mean, we all make mistakes, yes, but something like this could have been prevented if you just THOUGHT it through beforehand. Heck, I am not an accident virgin either, so I know how it feels when you get into your first one. But like what others said, practice driving your car in a track or something so you know it's limits and how you can control it when stuff like this happens. My first car was a RWD, and it didn't have traction control. It was hella scary driving in the rain I tell you. And I did have my "drifting" moment in it because of the slick conditions, not because I was trying it because I thought it would be cool. But luckly I was able to correct it before slamming into something like a telephone pole.

But yeah, trying to take the turn fast and show off to your coworker in public roads is something more like a highschool kid would do after watching Fast and Furious movies. I mean, you are 24 for goodness sake, you shouldn't have a mentality like that. But from what I read, seems like you got your sh!t together, so that's a step in the right direction. Now we just have to wait and see who else crashes their FR-S...especially since the commercial showcases a drifting FR-S, although some drivers think they can drive like the professionals in the commercial.

You're lucky that you didn't end up like this..or anything close to this:
I'm all for constructive criticism, except when it's not actually constructive. Nothing you've said in this rant of yours adds any value to the conversation, and nothing you've said is anything I haven't already thought myself. I am extremely happy I didn't injure my passenger, and stayed up thinking about it and beating myself up over it the night of the accident. I felt horrible. I didn't even know how to apologize because I felt so insanely guilty for what I did. As I said earlier, I made a bad decision. Consider yourself lucky for apparently never doing so yourself.

I'm also all for scare tactics, except when they don't really apply to the situation at hand. I'm not really "lucky" for not ending up like those people in that video. They were going 200kph (124mph) and doing something that any sane person would call MUCH more stupid than the idiocy I attempted. But hey, at least my accident incited enough self-righteousness in you to make you join the forum! So welcome!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to neutral For This Useful Post:
3MI Racing (06-25-2012), Dadhawk (06-25-2012), Hawaiian (06-25-2012)
Old 06-25-2012, 10:24 AM   #386
tripjammer

Drives: WRB BRZ limited 6MT
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9Xex6kvpv8&hd=1"]CRAZY 360 DRIFT AE86 MUST SEE!!!!! - YouTube[/ame]

learn from this guy...
Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #387
genometuning

Drives: Scion FR-S
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
man. that seems like pretty significant damage for such a slow impact. keep us updated on whats happening too..
Old 06-25-2012, 11:15 AM   #388
FT-86GOD
Senior Rocket Bunny

Drives: 1982 XX KE70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I mean, we all make mistakes, yes, but something like this could have been prevented if you just THOUGHT it through beforehand. Heck, I am not an accident virgin either, so I know how it feels when you get into your first one.

Good first post u muppet.....

Kinda do as i say not as i do with u hey?.... U admit uve made errors behind the wheel before so who are u to cry foul... EVERYONE HAS.... U think he thought about that crap before he took the turn.... If he had he wouldnt have done it... Its his pride and joy and it was a mistake..... Every second person has voiced the exact same thing as u yet u felt u needed to voice ur opinion... What a yawn!!!!!
Old 06-25-2012, 11:31 AM   #389
Bukiya

Quote:
I'm all for constructive criticism, except when it's not actually constructive. Nothing you've said in this rant of yours adds any value to the conversation, and nothing you've said is anything I haven't already thought myself. I am extremely happy I didn't injure my passenger, and stayed up thinking about it and beating myself up over it the night of the accident. I felt horrible. I didn't even know how to apologize because I felt so insanely guilty for what I did. As I said earlier, I made a bad decision. Consider yourself lucky for apparently never doing so yourself.

I'm also all for scare tactics, except when they don't really apply to the situation at hand. I'm not really "lucky" for not ending up like those people in that video. They were going 200kph (124mph) and doing something that any sane person would call MUCH more stupid than the idiocy I attempted. But hey, at least my accident incited enough self-righteousness in you to make you join the forum! So welcome!
Yup, it sure did. I joined just so I can get some words in. Of course I applaud you for having the balls in coming forward, and you do seem genuinely sincere. I'm just sharing what I want to say, like I said, it might be harsh. I'm obviously a car enthusiast myself, you obviously are too, but to be enthusiastic, you still have to drive responsibly. Well, like I said, it seems like you got your sh!t together, so it's good because I've seen/known a fair share of crappy drivers, and it just pisses me off so much as to how the hell do these guys even get a drivers license. You may not fall into that group from what I read, but what happened just hit a nerve for me because I sure in hell don't want my friend or kid being the passenger or even near your car when that happened.

Consider myself lucky that I haven't done anything like that? PUL-EASE. Luck had nothing to do with me thinking things through before doing something stupid. Even if I wanted to do something stupid in my car back in highschool or something, I couldn't because my car was a POS.

So the whole point of the video is...even if they are going at 200km (124 mph), they got 7 rolls in. Not very scientific, but divide those together, and you get 1 roll/17.7mph. So I'm just saying, it not impossible if you rolled your car at least once if you didn't hit the telephone pole and instead clipped a curb or something. The telephone pole may have been your saving grace.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #390
Bukiya

Quote:
Originally Posted by FT-86GOD View Post
Good first post u muppet.....

Kinda do as i say not as i do with u hey?.... U admit uve made errors behind the wheel before so who are u to cry foul... EVERYONE HAS.... U think he thought about that crap before he took the turn.... If he had he wouldnt have done it... Its his pride and joy and it was a mistake..... Every second person has voiced the exact same thing as u yet u felt u needed to voice ur opinion... What a yawn!!!!!
My goodness, try to learn how to write a comprehensive sentence before posting it. Gives me a brain aneurysm for just trying to read it.

Hey, did I say the accident was my fault though? No I did not, so don't go about making an ass out of yourself by assuming things.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:47 AM   #391
feldy

Drives: 2013 FRS Asphalt
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Can we get a mod to ban this troll! He made a account just to bash someone! What you can't bully people around you so you do it on the Internet. Hope you feel good about your self but you should just fuck off. This forum doesn't need you.
Old 06-25-2012, 11:54 AM   #392
FT-86GOD
Senior Rocket Bunny

Drives: 1982 XX KE70
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
My goodness, try to learn how to write a comprehensive sentence before posting it. Gives me a brain aneurysm for just trying to read it.

Hey, did I say the accident was my fault though? No I did not, so don't go about making an ass out of yourself by assuming things.
We dont want u here.... Go away........ I hope thats comprehensive enough for u...... In ur profile where it says drives u have put <3 Are u stating that u drive a penis and balls? LOL...... U pole driver...... Hahahaha........

Closed Thread