follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Forced Induction

Forced Induction Turbo, Supercharger, Methanol, Nitrous

User Tag List
go_a_way1

Old 02-23-2016, 11:24 AM   #9941
churchx

Drives: 2014 GT86
Thanked 2,085 Times in 1,436 Posts
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenton View Post
Just want to pop in here and say this.....1,000,000 VIEWS and counting today! I cant believe how many people we have reached with this thread and how many awesome community members we have...
Somehow most of those 1M views & 585 pages of posts seems simply due long wait, repetitious loads more then year long by many in queue, inquiries of place said queue and so on. I hardly would be proud of that and view that as being awesome, as there seem to be no signs for such sad state of things with availability to ever change. Yes, this is very interesting product, yes, it does wonders .. but for every happy owner there are probably 10 or more others that still waiting or gave up after long time of said waiting or gave up initially once found out average delivery time. I'm thinking that ESC is the future (especially if accompanied by recuperation of exhaust energy by another turbine with electric generator), hence keeping reading this thread from time to time for interest sake .. but majority of posts is just that, related to long wait in different forms.
churchx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:39 PM   #9942
tzbang

Drives: 2013 GT86
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TM View Post
I think there's a second list for international people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh crap.. there's a international list? I didn't even know that.

Looks like I need to be on the international list then. Whats the issue with international/RHD anyway? I mean, surely fitment is the same?
tzbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 03:41 PM   #9943
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Drives: Limited Red 6MT BRZ
Thanked 1,167 Times in 644 Posts
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
Oh crap.. there's a international list? I didn't even know that.

Looks like I need to be on the international list then. Whats the issue with international/RHD anyway? I mean, surely fitment is the same?

Length of dump cables effect the motor significantly.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Sojhinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 04:16 PM   #9944
tzbang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojhinn View Post
Length of dump cables effect the motor significantly.

Why would the dump cables be different? The RHD has the batteries on the opposite side but I wouldn't think the cables need to be much or any longer since the ESC sits in the middle of the engine bay?
Old 02-23-2016, 04:20 PM   #9945
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzbang View Post
Why would the dump cables be different? The RHD has the batteries on the opposite side but I wouldn't think the cables need to be much or any longer since the ESC sits in the middle of the engine bay?

The dump motor cables are way longer on RHD. I'm not a master on RHD setups but I believe the two guys running the setup needed to increase the size of wire significantly for the runs.

Installed Mods:
Phantom Electric Super Charger | Open Flash Tune | Perrin OP/ HFC Front pipe | Invidia Q300 catback | ST Suspension | JDL Header | Flex Fuel
Old 02-24-2016, 08:50 PM   #9946
silent runner

Drives: 93'Camry, 82'Corolla, 76' Celica
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevo585 View Post
210hp at 5200rpm, in NA form? Are you being hypothetical? Because the power peak is around 6.5-7K on the FA20...
Sorry about that, I should note that my application is a very old 93' V-6, Camry that was rated at 185hp@5200, rpm originally. It has an AFM modification that gave the car 200hp@5200rpm in later versions of it's 3VZ-FE V-6, in other markets. Then it has a proper y-pipe design, that is supposed to bump output by another 10-15%. (very poor design, emmissions related, very silly to look at) I guess my stock output at 215hp, because of the age of the engine. (355K km) If my peak output is up by 10% (Much lower than dynos on similar VW engines), maybe 236hp. What it did in my real world, was move my old 3300lb Camry from a 0-60 time of 8.5+ seconds, to a rather stunning 6.5 seconds at my local 3500ft altitude. This feels like adding another engine to the car, and it has done it for over 2 years now. I think its the torque thing. the 3VZ-FE in my car is noted for making 80% of it's 200ft/lb torque curve from 2500rpm to the peak at 4200rpm. The ESC system hits that right in sweet zone and keeps things rolling right up into the engines 6700rpm red line (7200 rpm cut off).

Total engine output is about the area under the curve in a dyno plot of torque and hp. The peak is a neat number, but is only part of the story. I have calculated the numbers for a conventional supercharger that produces the same or slightly higher peak engine output on the FA20. The ESC system should make about 5-10% more total power output, with the same peak.

The problem with torque, on both front and rear wheel drive platforms, is hooking it up to produce acceleration numbers from a stop. I had a 1978 Mustang II, with a 302, V-8 and 4spd. manual transmission, back in the 1980's. It did 0-60 in about 8.5 seconds when I got it. I fixed the terrible engine/emmissions fixes of the time, got about 6.5 seconds. (open differential no traction control). Added dual exhaust, higher compression heads, cam, 4barrel carb. I then got about 5.5 seconds. Only ran the car in final form at the local track to get a 13.2 sec. 1/4. at 108 mph. Traction, traction, traction, especially on those older street tires, was terrible, and it wasd so hard to launch a car that just wanted to do teenager, cool burnouts all the time.
silent runner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to silent runner For This Useful Post:
DAEMANO (04-09-2016), niceguy21 (03-11-2016), stevo585 (02-24-2016)
Old 02-29-2016, 01:06 PM   #9947
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
latest list from page 558

just caught up on the forum and was concerned cause my name wasn't on the list but then found out the list that was just reposted was from page 500.

This is the most recent list from fenton that i know of from page 558 and last i knew Shinobu's smile received his in the january batch which i outlined in red below which seems to be the latest confirmed shipment.

Hope that helps.

TOP 10: Hopefully these will go out in the next couple months:
Bigbadvoodooguru
MmmmHamSandwich
og25491
Necric
JoonPrime
Silent_Dan
vfrqqq
joez28ls1
Sunrise161
zc06 kisstherain

The Rest:
Moletheus
rhythmM
Indy FRS
predator800
Thako
TwoFourFive
Shinobu's Smile
brilthor
k.houan
Lakingkhun
rdub-S
dpgfunk
Brady68usa
Deslock
phrosty
Caspian
ShadowTS
mglasgow
jtree
JimmyMac
buckseventysix
iConformed
R3NIK
Joshwahhhs
ImBatman
Andrew025
onetime4
cawith
tyrantcf
propulsion1
BillyStrato
shellslinger
R2
NAISU86
Wolfdogelite
stevo585
Yoda
SilverFRS
Njmarkc
Cop
isnotmyfault
blackforge
Aussie
Dustin2Jz
LucidMomentum
Trunksse
Studer21
cdq85
jzimmer801
Talus1
silverbullet
m111
Phantobe
Saturn10
qitorr
btoast
soon...
Ingen
jflBRZ
P5yk0t1c
dlux
Gutterboy
triethyl
xsnapshot
Motoarge
Siby_86
Windex73
Infidel86
xuimod
Tectoniic
BBDGriptonia
swarb
Huge
kid_wh
Cypher009
focobrz
dreamwonder
apaull
ajcarson11
BRZ Fanboi
iJeff
can't stop spinning
Psnguyen
F3RGY68
Lrk322
mikool
Lord09
FatFree
mythhelios
Mrrksturr
svuong
SuperJimmyK
Fever
ajcarson11
Norkoastal
Aztec

International: Trying to get more information for you guys. The RHD issue is a big one(from production stand point). Ill work on getting a answer from Rob on the LHD guys in Europe, as far as i can tell shipping costs will be very high though, if there were any issues that require shipping back and forth things will get very pricey.

Benz
s2d4
LazyZed
keen as
reneezak90
gtfapollo
Thobjo
Pistol
reignerabellera
killy
GT86meMR2
S555plf[/QUOTE]
Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2016, 08:30 PM   #9948
rdub-S

Drives: 2013 FRS
update on list progress

I'm four down from Shinobu and I got mine a couple weeks ago. By the way, it rocks.
rdub-S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 08:06 PM   #9949
tzbang

why is my name no longer on the list? Last time I asked it was:

FatFree
mythhelios
Mrrksturr
svuong
SuperJimmyK
Aztec
Fever
Norkoastal
MugenReplica
RamCro
chezzy79
Kpage
gmanvilla1
Flow
tzbang
jackblack21
illmatic_frs
kritch
huhuei2008
soulreapersteve
Johnrvd
Bluehwy

I should be on the RHD list anyway. Why don't the RHD kits just get shipped out without batteries? Most of us can source them locally.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:25 AM   #9950
klear

Drives: 2002 V7 Bugeye STI/2014 BRZ limited
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Is it still possible to get on the list for this? I have PM'd both Rob and Fenton with no response.
klear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 AM   #9951
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by klear View Post
Is it still possible to get on the list for this? I have PM'd both Rob and Fenton with no response.

They are usually good about adding people to the list even if they don't message you.

Installed Mods:
Old 03-29-2016, 12:00 PM   #9952
robwbright

Drives: '13 BRZ Limited WRB Phantom ESC 1.5
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Because of a change in circumstances, I am seriously considering trading my BRZ in for a WRX. If I do, I would be looking to sell my ESC 1.5 dump pack and OFT. Just putting out feelers to see if there would be any interest in buying it, as interest/lack thereof might sway my decision on the trade.

FYI: Installed in May 2014. Has about 20,000 miles on it. Working as new when I removed it last week so I could take the car in for servicing on Friday.

This is the first time I've had the ESC off since install. The car really feels flat and gutless without it.
1997 Honda Accord Coupe
1995 Honda Prelude VTEC
robwbright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #9953
Gutterboy

Drives: 2013 frs; 1988 porsche 944s - > 948
it's been a slice and i wish the rest of you the best on the ESC

tax return made it too tempting after a fellow person on the list pointed out to me that after i sell my tomei uel header its pretty much the same cost to go straight to the speedbydesign stage 1 turbo.

as a result my handle can be officially removed from the list.

i still can't wait to see an ESC installed near me to look at the installation in person and feel what it does for electric boost.

Wish you all the best Rob on future development and many more kits.

Maybe a V3 compressor wheel on a 4battery 48V system to get to 10 PSI?

A man can dream....

Thanks fenton for all updates and numerous q & a.
Gutterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 05:51 PM   #9954
Sojhinn
Lightning McQueen Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutterboy View Post
tax return made it too tempting after a fellow person on the list pointed out to me that after i sell my tomei uel header its pretty much the same cost to go straight to the speedbydesign stage 1 turbo.

as a result my handle can be officially removed from the list.

i still can't wait to see an ESC installed near me to look at the installation in person and feel what it does for electric boost.

Wish you all the best Rob on future development and many more kits.

Maybe a V3 compressor wheel on a 4battery 48V system to get to 10 PSI?

A man can dream....

Thanks fenton for all updates and numerous q & a.

Good luck bro. Wish you the best of luck with the turbo.

Installed Mods:
The Following User Says Thank You to Sojhinn For This Useful Post:
Gutterboy (04-09-2016)

Tags
26$ / wtq, affordable boost, better than turbo, brz electric supercharger, do want, dumbass freddy, electric shrimpage, electric supercharger, electronic supercharger, epic thread tag, fanboy circle jerk!, freddy keyboardwarrior, frs electric supercharger, get a real blower, haters gonna hate, hows the battery life?, lol, moar powa, nos with battery, one gear race champion, only pulls hard once, phantom charge, pm-robftss to order!, release date=not yet, release it already!, released!, rice, shut up and take our $$$, snake oil claims, street only, super pursuit mode, the price isn't known yet, tq300 plzkkthxbai, wooshy noise, yes turbo is better, yes turbo is expensive