follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 03-05-2015, 03:48 PM   #71
Big D Design

Drives: FRS RED - 12 Roush RS3 - 92 Maxima
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
RC350 or ATS

Lexus RC350 is a great choice. It looks a lot like the FRS and sure it is heavier, but so is the GTR! The amount of luxury on the inside of that car driving one is quite amazing. The handling is as good as most cars except for the drivers that take it to the last 10% of it's ability. Just imagine driving a RC350 and thinking it's a luxury FRS. With all the rigid structure, sound dampening and reliability... This a your best choice and really one of the few choices for an upgrade. The Caddy ATS is also a very special car. The Caddy is offered with reasonable pricing when you go there too. Don't let MSRP get in the way of thinking you can't get a deal. I feel almost in heaven in either of these two cars. Get an upgrade with RWD and to heck with a couple of pounds or a half second to 60. This is a logical step forward. BMW will not budge on price with their m235i. And then there's the point of overpaying without any luxury.
Big D Design is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:46 PM   #72
lionbacker54

Drives: 2013 WR Blue 6MT BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
OP-

i was actually in your shoes and looked at a bunch of cars. i have an old volvo beater which i use for the winter, and the brz which i used at all other times. i wanted to consolidate and looked at a bunch of cars. i tried the bmw 3 series, audi a4. mustang, genesis coupe, golf, focus st and wrx. of these, i liked the a4 best. both the 335 and 328d were surprisingly bloated feeling (F30's though), mustang felt front heavy, genesis felt like a sedan. focus felt cheap. wrx and golf were great, actually. wrx has worse fuel economy though than the brz, and i just personally don't like the looks of the golf. the a4 makes a lot of sense to me. it does everything well and does not feel a lot less sporty than the brz. at least to me.
lionbacker54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 07:59 PM   #73
shishand

Drives: Whiteout
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideways&Smiling View Post
Look, kid. Your opinion doesn't matter because your opinion isn't based on experience. It's obvious you've never driven an S2000 by your posts earlier in the thread about reluctantly "putting it on the list"... If you don't like the looks of it or are worried about your buddies in Mustangs making fun of you for driving a convertible or whatever, then say that lol but calling it a downgrade is just ignorant considering it's more reliable, more exclusive, has a better engine, better suspension design, and an overall higher quality of engineering. Drive one or not. I don't give a shit, but your "opinion" made me laugh.
LOL.. i dont know anyone that drives a mustang. furthermore, im not a *****bitch like u, i could care less about what my friends think lol.. u wanna quit bitching?
Quote:
I didn't come into the thread to talk about leasing, but... The problem with leasing? This guy says he'll still have to pay $15-$16k to buy the FR-S (which is automatic lol)... I could go out tomorrow and find a used FR-S for almost the same exact amount of money he would have to pay to own the car he's already been paying for. It's literally throwing money away... and sure, you can mod a leased car, but if you don't plan on buying it, why would you? You don't get to keep it and you'll have to put it back to stock. Common sense, really...
I can afford it, buzz off.. you do you, jesus why are you so insisting on what others should do.. i dont give a fuck pls understand.
Quote:
lol or maybe I'm just smart enough to realize that OWNING cars you plan to mod and have fun with is 100x smarter and a better financial decision than always leasing and always having to drive a new car. Clearly we have drastically different priorities....
"smart"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddreder View Post
+1 for actual car ownership.

Idk I could never enjoy a leased car because at the end of the day, your freedom has been stripped away from car ownership thus leaving you with apartment syndrome where you are just biding your time until you can afford a home of your own, that has no restrictions on anything you do. Mileage restrictions on a new car? I mean come on, what is a new car for? I own three cars and I still manage to put about 20K a year on my FR-S just commuting to work.. I think this just boils down to freedom. You pay more money for a lease to have less freedom but also less responsibility for the car. Which is kind of lame because it seems like everyone around my age is just that, irresponsible.. I am the only person i know around my age that doesnt have rich parents that actually managed to save up a big chunk of money to put down on my frs so that I could have affordable payments.

In the end I think it just comes down to different wealth classes. People who have had money there whole life dont understand poorer people and vice versa. Poor people do not understand how rich people can have total disregard for money. I struggle with this concept daily because it is very difficult to relate to people who were born with the silver spoon.

ANYWAYS /rant over

I still think the IS F sports look sooooo cool.. Auto or not you've got me looking at used ones.. lol I think the only thing that would kill me would be gas mileage. low mpg + premium gas = broke all the time..
I agree with many things you stated. I myself dont have have rich parents or a wealthy family. infact im not even a first generation, im still considered an immigrant haha. Im no where near being rich, but i played my cards right. I made my own small business when i was a junior in highshool, never once worked retail, made more money than others as well. not drug business either haha importing and sales. i made my own money, put a good down payment and i decided to lease. i know what being poor feels like, trust me lol. growing up in a household with a divorced mother, no child support, and 4 siblings total.. anyhow, i tasted poorness and i worked hard enough not to ever taste it again lol. im in college now, i have received a great deal of scholarship, awards and aid as well while working at my own college as a tutor. i make ends meet , and been paying my own way around this world since i was 16.
im friends with plenty rich people, but even then i dont look down on them. just because their parents were successful, doesnt give me the right to be envious like that little bitch wining up there^.

anyways, lease works for me a little better given i dont drive much around, mostly city really, i like the idea of a new car every now and the whole not worrying about maintenance is great as well. but i do agree, in the end, it is the more worse option in terms of saving and etc. but my ideology is that i save in other categories and work a little harder, and spend a little bit more for nicer toys (cars).
But i will be looking at some used cars as well, might just buy a car. I gotta wait on college decisions, see where i go and ifff ill be commuting a long route or not.

im glad you're looking at the ISF. im gonna go test drive a few of their vehicles this weekend, let me know your input on the car as well, greatly appreciated mate.
Quote:
Totally missing the point. In order to not like something, you should probably have experience with it lol It's like a child saying "I don't like broccoli!" without ever actually tasting broccoli. To call something a downgrade in comparison to another thing without having experience with/knowledge about both things is stupid. I even said if he doesn't like the styling/convertible aspect that that's different, but not liking those doesn't mean the car is a "downgrade" lol especially when it's obvious to anyone familiar with both cars that one is built much better than the other.

And I'm on this forum for the same reason everyone else is. I like the car and I like to keep up with news about it and people discussing it. I plan to get one in the future. That doesn't mean I like my current cars any less though.
its not fit for me.. stop bugging. its a good car, but i want something with backseats. even if they're not usable, i need the space..
shishand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 10:37 PM   #74
FRSupra

Drives: 2013 FR-S
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
He cant understand why I like my miata so much. He has never driven one and says they cant be fun with such little power.
Miata is such an awesome car. And there is no substitute for open air driving.
It's something pure.

Convertibles never did much for me until I realized after driving my dad's MGB that it's the point every sports car wants to be.
Of course i'm talking about coupe, 2 seaters ONLY.
FRSupra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2015, 11:55 PM   #75
Big D Design

RC350 FSport

I'm very surprised that there is not more support for the new RC sports coupe. If you look at the video results or road tests the car is only .5 seconds slower than the BMW M4 on a track. I know that you probably can't get an RC350F with the V8 at your price point, but there is the Fsport RC350 which is perfect for the city driving you have pointed out.

I have an FRS and a 2012 Roush Mustang. I bought both cars within 3 weeks of each other. The Roush is what I had always dreamed of. With the phase 3 upgrade there is 675hp to be had. The Roush suspension is revised to handle better than the Shelby and close to the Boss 302.

The FRS is my DD. It does things that makes it different than any other car I have ever owned. If you don't put an aftermarket exhaust on it.... you can floor the car to redline all day long without any trouble from the police. I like this. The grip with my Dunlop Direzzas is just better than any car I have driven at the speed limit. I have the MT and you have the AT. City driving is a hassle with a MT. But no so much with the FRS. The shifter pops back into neutral by itself almost. It's some kind of spring that makes it so easy to take it out of gear. I live in Florida where the roads are glass smooth. I'm in neutral all the time. So driving is different with a MT FRS. I haven't felt the same feeling with any other car regardless of price.

But then there is the fact that the FRS is a bare bones lightweight racer. My Roush is a GT Premium 6 speed with the 3.73 limited slip differential turned into the Stage 3 monster at the Roush factory. The Roush rides like a Cadillac on my Florida roads. The thing is soundproof except for that amazing Roush exhaust sound. It can keep the same low 11 second et's all day long at the Drag Strip.

The point I'm trying to make is the premium luxury while driving the Roush over the lightweight racer the FRS is. If you are looking to get a new feel for a new car then the Lexus RC350 is the only choice for me if I'm thinking about trading in my FRS. I also like the Caddy ATS. Great interior and superior handling to most. But there is no contest here. If you can afford the RC350, the refinement and solid structure that gives it all that weight is worth it. I don't recommend the Mustang because they ruined the styling with the release of the 2013 and 2015 models. The Mustang has lost all the styling that make the fastback one of the most desirable American cars.
Old 03-06-2015, 01:48 AM   #76
shishand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomX View Post
I can understand where you're coming from, but instead of outright attacking him, why not ask him to clarify his definition of "downgrade"? What makes the S2000 a downgrade in his eyes?

Fair enough.
Guys lets put it this way, if i had the choice between an FR-S and a S2000, i'd pick the frs. That said, both cars are great, driven by enthusiasts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FRSupra View Post
He doesn't know he doesn't like it.
He does know he thinks that he does not like it. Haha its just not for me Im looking for a DD, i think the FRS is at least a better DD than the s2000.
Quote:
This is actually an issue with some people.. My idiot coworker does this all the time. He cant understand why I like my miata so much. He has never driven one and says they cant be fun with such little power. He drives an Evo X and I think that is half the problem. He thinks any car with less horsepower than that is slow which really grinds my gears.. A car is only as slow as you drive it which for a person who has never even been to the track with his "sports car", his opinion of fast and slow cars is really null and void.. (also 4 door cars are not sports cars #sorrynotsorry)

Anyways moral of the story is LETS DROP IT! s2000 = good car BOOM problem solved.

We are done talking about it! OP doesnt want one, therefore OP will most likely not get one.

Lets talk about some lexus's..
Love miatas mate, great choice. was looking at them prior to the frs.
Anyhow, idk what lexus to look at. Just test drove the RC350, and the price is much more than i figured. 2k down, with top tier credit is roughly 600$ a month. look at the rest of this comment for further feedback on the lexus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big D Design View Post
Lexus RC350 is a great choice. It looks a lot like the FRS and sure it is heavier, but so is the GTR! The amount of luxury on the inside of that car driving one is quite amazing. The handling is as good as most cars except for the drivers that take it to the last 10% of it's ability. Just imagine driving a RC350 and thinking it's a luxury FRS. With all the rigid structure, sound dampening and reliability... This a your best choice and really one of the few choices for an upgrade. The Caddy ATS is also a very special car. The Caddy is offered with reasonable pricing when you go there too. Don't let MSRP get in the way of thinking you can't get a deal. I feel almost in heaven in either of these two cars. Get an upgrade with RWD and to heck with a couple of pounds or a half second to 60. This is a logical step forward. BMW will not budge on price with their m235i. And then there's the point of overpaying without any luxury.
Just test drove the rc350, great looks, great interior, but it doesnt compare much to the frs at all . its definitely a smooth ride, premium interior as well but you can definitely feel the weight. it doesnt have the same raw feeling. that said, i dont necessarily mean its a bad thing ! that car is 70% luxury, 30% sport. and its not as fast as id imagine it to be. its 0-60 is close to the frs with a second difference almost. i couldnt check the handling as i didnt wanna scare the sales guy lol, but its a nice car. a bit over priced as well. they quoted me 2k down, 700-750$ a month with my trade in which has a negative equity of about 3k (its really about 1.5k, just dealers giving low numbers), but without the trade in im looking at 600$ roughly. top tier credit as well. the one i was quoted was a 52k msrp with the packages. basic is around 42k msrp, and thats around 500$.
Im not sure why they would do it like that, i can lease a bmw 435 for the same price, and it definitely has a greater raw/sporty feeling with the luxury.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionbacker54 View Post
OP-

i was actually in your shoes and looked at a bunch of cars. i have an old volvo beater which i use for the winter, and the brz which i used at all other times. i wanted to consolidate and looked at a bunch of cars. i tried the bmw 3 series, audi a4. mustang, genesis coupe, golf, focus st and wrx. of these, i liked the a4 best. both the 335 and 328d were surprisingly bloated feeling (F30's though), mustang felt front heavy, genesis felt like a sedan. focus felt cheap. wrx and golf were great, actually. wrx has worse fuel economy though than the brz, and i just personally don't like the looks of the golf. the a4 makes a lot of sense to me. it does everything well and does not feel a lot less sporty than the brz. at least to me.
thanks mate, i was suggested to look at that car, and my inner gut just told me to sway away but i will definitely test drive one soon now.
Quote:
I'm very surprised that there is not more support for the new RC sports coupe. If you look at the video results or road tests the car is only .5 seconds slower than the BMW M4 on a track. I know that you probably can't get an RC350F with the V8 at your price point, but there is the Fsport RC350 which is perfect for the city driving you have pointed out.

I have an FRS and a 2012 Roush Mustang. I bought both cars within 3 weeks of each other. The Roush is what I had always dreamed of. With the phase 3 upgrade there is 675hp to be had. The Roush suspension is revised to handle better than the Shelby and close to the Boss 302.

The FRS is my DD. It does things that makes it different than any other car I have ever owned. If you don't put an aftermarket exhaust on it.... you can floor the car to redline all day long without any trouble from the police. I like this. The grip with my Dunlop Direzzas is just better than any car I have driven at the speed limit. I have the MT and you have the AT. City driving is a hassle with a MT. But no so much with the FRS. The shifter pops back into neutral by itself almost. It's some kind of spring that makes it so easy to take it out of gear. I live in Florida where the roads are glass smooth. I'm in neutral all the time. So driving is different with a MT FRS. I haven't felt the same feeling with any other car regardless of price.

But then there is the fact that the FRS is a bare bones lightweight racer. My Roush is a GT Premium 6 speed with the 3.73 limited slip differential turned into the Stage 3 monster at the Roush factory. The Roush rides like a Cadillac on my Florida roads. The thing is soundproof except for that amazing Roush exhaust sound. It can keep the same low 11 second et's all day long at the Drag Strip.

The point I'm trying to make is the premium luxury while driving the Roush over the lightweight racer the FRS is. If you are looking to get a new feel for a new car then the Lexus RC350 is the only choice for me if I'm thinking about trading in my FRS. I also like the Caddy ATS. Great interior and superior handling to most. But there is no contest here. If you can afford the RC350, the refinement and solid structure that gives it all that weight is worth it. I don't recommend the Mustang because they ruined the styling with the release of the 2013 and 2015 models. The Mustang has lost all the styling that make the fastback one of the most desirable American cars.
inregards to the rc350, look above ^. it is a great car, the rates were a deal breaker for me, what do you think of the 435i? would you prefer it to the lexus?
Will also report back on the ATS soon after a test drive.
The Following User Says Thank You to shishand For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 09:42 AM   #77
Big D Design

BMW 435i

The 435i is a great car, especially when you get all free maintenance for the life of the lease. Screw Lexus with that crappy lease. I have leased a few cars and it has paid off very well in my situation. I never went over mileage and traded in the leased car 30 days prior to the lease period being up. This way the dealer buys out your lease and accepts the car "as is". That way there is no end of lease added on costs.

435i would be my choice with a decent lease price. Most BMW dealers have taken their best models with a good color or tranny and made the lease price not worth it. This has happened to me because I like a manual trans and have to have the good color too. Actually talking about overpaying... I paid $5,000 extra to get my MT Red FRS the second day they came out almost 3 years ago. It was get the car that I wanted or let someone else be the 1st on the block to have one. That's Florida for ya with sports cars.

Don't settle for less. I love my FRS with the manual trans making for endless fun flooring it to redline and not causing enough trouble to get pulled over. Drives like a go-cart with better tires. There will be no replacement for this car and to get the same feeling. Cayman even feels no way near the "raw" this car gives you. The only place to go is upscale with a car that is heavier or buy an FRS with MT instead of leasing one for the time being. Then when something comes around.... you could get great resale price on the FRS. Enough said. If it was me and wanted something different...... I go with the best deal per dollar spent on the lease price. It looks like 435i could be your next car. They do look good in silver to me.
Old 03-06-2015, 09:58 AM   #78
dentalprodigy

Drives: 00 Accord LX, 14 FRS
Op what are your feelings towards the camaro 2ss 1LE package?
Old 03-06-2015, 10:16 AM   #79
Ddreder

Drives: 2013 FR-S, 1990 Miata
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shishand View Post
Guys lets put it this way, if i had the choice between an FR-S and a S2000, i'd pick the frs. That said, both cars are great, driven by enthusiasts.

He does know he thinks that he does not like it. Haha its just not for me Im looking for a DD, i think the FRS is at least a better DD than the s2000.

Love miatas mate, great choice. was looking at them prior to the frs.
Anyhow, idk what lexus to look at. Just test drove the RC350, and the price is much more than i figured. 2k down, with top tier credit is roughly 600$ a month. look at the rest of this comment for further feedback on the lexus

Just test drove the rc350, great looks, great interior, but it doesnt compare much to the frs at all . its definitely a smooth ride, premium interior as well but you can definitely feel the weight. it doesnt have the same raw feeling. that said, i dont necessarily mean its a bad thing ! that car is 70% luxury, 30% sport. and its not as fast as id imagine it to be. its 0-60 is close to the frs with a second difference almost. i couldnt check the handling as i didnt wanna scare the sales guy lol, but its a nice car. a bit over priced as well. they quoted me 2k down, 700-750$ a month with my trade in which has a negative equity of about 3k (its really about 1.5k, just dealers giving low numbers), but without the trade in im looking at 600$ roughly. top tier credit as well. the one i was quoted was a 52k msrp with the packages. basic is around 42k msrp, and thats around 500$.
Im not sure why they would do it like that, i can lease a bmw 435 for the same price, and it definitely has a greater raw/sporty feeling with the luxury.

thanks mate, i was suggested to look at that car, and my inner gut just told me to sway away but i will definitely test drive one soon now.

inregards to the rc350, look above ^. it is a great car, the rates were a deal breaker for me, what do you think of the 435i? would you prefer it to the lexus?
Will also report back on the ATS soon after a test drive.
Yea I could see the rc350 not turning out to be a great sports car. It is more of a GT touring car meant for long trips in comfort but still having enough power and handling to be fun ish or at least as much fun as you can have with 2 ton tessy lol. If you are wanting what the FR-S has you almost have to go porshe or bust. BMW's are sweet but european cars and I go way back and we dont get along..

The M4 looks really nice but I think the cost might be to high idk. If I had to get anything BMW it would have to be small. Z4 M coupe is one dream I have. I absolutely love that car but the initial cost + maintenance is a bit to much for me.. Maybe someday

And in final in final notes I hope you do not think I was attacking you earlier. I was merely stating my opinions on my perception of people I have met and dealt with. It is difficult to gauge internet peoples so I usually try to hold of the attack until I have solid evidence.. lol Anyways im glad to see you have everything worked out. Now go buy something cool and post some pics dammit.. lol
Ddreder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ddreder For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 10:37 AM   #80
Sideways&Smiling

Drives: AP2 S2000, S14 240sx
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Previous asshole-ish posts (on both sides) aside, just try to get a used manual FRS and have fun, man. The more you spend on a daily, the less money you'll have to play with later on. If you're finishing college soon you should be getting an upgrade in pay soon and you will want to play... I think it's important to always have a plan when it comes to cars and modifying, tracking, etc.... because it does cost a lot. You don't always have to go crazy modifying, of course, but if you get something with a big aftermarket it always leaves the option open down the road.

I know I'm gonna scoop me up a used FRS within the next 2-3 years to daily drive. Not much else out there can compare at the pricepoint unless you go for an older used car, but that's probably not ideal if you want to daily drive it right now.
Sideways&Smiling is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Sideways&Smiling For This Useful Post:
Tcoat (03-06-2015)
Old 03-06-2015, 10:40 AM   #81
tennisfreak

Drives: 2018 BMW M240i
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalprodigy View Post
This is a kick ass gt car. Buddy has it and I was surprised how much I liked it.
tennisfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 11:13 AM   #82
dentalprodigy

Drives: 00 Accord LX, 14 FRS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tennisfreak View Post
This is a kick ass gt car. Buddy has it and I was surprised how much I liked it.
I know. I've been obsessed with watching YouTube reviews of it. That v8 rumble is soo satisfying. I'll def. considering/testdrive it when my lease is up
Old 03-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #83
cycleboy

Drives: 2013 Scion FR-S - Argento
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I personally can't understand why anyone would compare the 86 to the new Lexus line. The 86 is swoopy and looks fast sitting still.

My opinion is the new Lexus designs are the ugliest thing on the road this side of the Pontiac Aztek. I absolutely despise the front grill treatment with that hourglass shape to it.

Just my opinion of course. . .
cycleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 01:30 PM   #84
shishand

Quote:
The 435i is a great car, especially when you get all free maintenance for the life of the lease. Screw Lexus with that crappy lease. I have leased a few cars and it has paid off very well in my situation. I never went over mileage and traded in the leased car 30 days prior to the lease period being up. This way the dealer buys out your lease and accepts the car "as is". That way there is no end of lease added on costs.

435i would be my choice with a decent lease price. Most BMW dealers have taken their best models with a good color or tranny and made the lease price not worth it. This has happened to me because I like a manual trans and have to have the good color too. Actually talking about overpaying... I paid $5,000 extra to get my MT Red FRS the second day they came out almost 3 years ago. It was get the car that I wanted or let someone else be the 1st on the block to have one. That's Florida for ya with sports cars.

Don't settle for less. I love my FRS with the manual trans making for endless fun flooring it to redline and not causing enough trouble to get pulled over. Drives like a go-cart with better tires. There will be no replacement for this car and to get the same feeling. Cayman even feels no way near the "raw" this car gives you. The only place to go is upscale with a car that is heavier or buy an FRS with MT instead of leasing one for the time being. Then when something comes around.... you could get great resale price on the FRS. Enough said. If it was me and wanted something different...... I go with the best deal per dollar spent on the lease price. It looks like 435i could be your next car. They do look good in silver to me.
I dont think the price would work out for the 435 either, the rates are more of an upward of 600$ range. ill deicide soon after test driving and a price quote. thanks for the feedback mate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dentalprodigy View Post
never really looked at that, but the lease rates look very good. how is the handling and how does it compare to the frs?

Quote:
Yea I could see the rc350 not turning out to be a great sports car. It is more of a GT touring car meant for long trips in comfort but still having enough power and handling to be fun ish or at least as much fun as you can have with 2 ton tessy lol. If you are wanting what the FR-S has you almost have to go porshe or bust. BMW's are sweet but european cars and I go way back and we dont get along..

The M4 looks really nice but I think the cost might be to high idk. If I had to get anything BMW it would have to be small. Z4 M coupe is one dream I have. I absolutely love that car but the initial cost + maintenance is a bit to much for me.. Maybe someday

And in final in final notes I hope you do not think I was attacking you earlier. I was merely stating my opinions on my perception of people I have met and dealt with. It is difficult to gauge internet peoples so I usually try to hold of the attack until I have solid evidence.. lol Anyways im glad to see you have everything worked out. Now go buy something cool and post some pics dammit.. lol
The M4 is my dream, and i always pondered about the z4, how is the drive?

& mate no worries, i hope i didnt come off aggressive and if so i apologize .
Quote:
Previous asshole-ish posts (on both sides) aside, just try to get a used manual FRS and have fun, man. The more you spend on a daily, the less money you'll have to play with later on. If you're finishing college soon you should be getting an upgrade in pay soon and you will want to play... I think it's important to always have a plan when it comes to cars and modifying, tracking, etc.... because it does cost a lot. You don't always have to go crazy modifying, of course, but if you get something with a big aftermarket it always leaves the option open down the road.

I know I'm gonna scoop me up a used FRS within the next 2-3 years to daily drive. Not much else out there can compare at the pricepoint unless you go for an older used car, but that's probably not ideal if you want to daily drive it right now.
not gonna lie, the most i test drive cars, the more appealing that idea of just buying another frs sounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cycleboy View Post
I personally can't understand why anyone would compare the 86 to the new Lexus line. The 86 is swoopy and looks fast sitting still.

My opinion is the new Lexus designs are the ugliest thing on the road this side of the Pontiac Aztek. I absolutely despise the front grill treatment with that hourglass shape to it.

Just my opinion of course. . .
haha i do agree, i dont like the front of the lexus, but the back of the rc350 looks nice and aggressive.