follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > Technical Topics > Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB

Issues | Warranty | Recalls / TSB Problems, issues, recalls, TSBs

User Tag List

Old 04-12-2018, 09:41 PM   #15
Mr. Kurtz

Drives: None
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Well, today, 28 days after I initially dropped my 86 off, I picked it back up.

They apparently had it done a few days ago, but were dealing with Toyota regarding warranting the job. The service advisor gave me the whole spiel about how Toyota questioned two large warranty jobs in a row, so it took some time, and how the clutch disc isn't normally a warranty item(which I knew). I let him continue his explanation of how a clutch works for awhile, until he said "I know how fun stick shift is, I had one when I was a teenager, and I'm sure you know how clutches get worn out...," at which point I did interrupt, remind him that they put 66 miles on the car while doing the valve adjustment, and let him know I don't abuse the car. At that point, he said they had gotten it all covered and I could come pick it up.

I went down and got it, and they really did replace everything; disc, pressure plate, clutch fork, throwout and pilot bearings, and a motor mount they broke. I take my keys outside...and the key fob won't unlock the doors...cause the battery was dead(talk about adding insult to injury). I went back in and asked them to send someone out to jump it, which they did.

Good news is, the car is back to normal. New clutch doesn't slip, no check engine light on. I'm torn on how to respond to the Toyota survey they emailed out. On the positive side, they did ID the cause of the MIL, fix it, and the eventual end result is they made everything right, gave me a loaner for the duration of the repair. On the negative side...they had the car for four weeks, seemingly caused the clutch problem, put a total of 81 miles on my car in the process, and somehow killed the battery.
Mr. Kurtz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mr. Kurtz For This Useful Post:
strat61caster (04-12-2018)
Old 04-17-2018, 10:56 PM   #16
Oxyg3n

Drives: 2017 BRZ - WRB
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
@Mr. Kurtz So sorry to hear about your experience..I feel the same way! When I got my car back from the valve adjustment, my car had an extra 80 miles on it. I was stupid to not have said anything about it. Hopefully they didn't joyride it

My clutch as well never really felt the same to me although I don't think it is slipping. It used to have a very distinct engagement point now it has became a very numb area where it engages. (Kind of want advice on this. Would you guys bring your car in and explain how your clutch is bothering you although it still works?)
Oxyg3n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2018, 06:53 PM   #17
Jowitzkii

Drives: 17 ‘DGM Limited BRZ
So I'm not the only one.

My car threw off the same codes and has gone through the same valve adjustment at 3000 miles The repair took the dealership 3 weeks since Subaru is directly handling the case. After the adjustment, I thought everything was fixed but after 7 months and 5000 miles, CEL illuminates again. Off to the dealership I go. Then my service adviser told me that its the same exact codes and Subaru suggested performing the same exact procedure as last time. As of today, my car is still in the dealership for 3 weeks now.
Jowitzkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2018, 08:25 AM   #18
alphasaur
friendly

Drives: 17' 86
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
man you guys are scaring me with my new to me 17
Old 11-24-2018, 04:23 AM   #19
Jowitzkii

Drives: 17 ‘DGM Limited BRZ
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphasaur View Post
man you guys are scaring me with my new to me 17
I hope you won't have the same issue. I assume the cold weather has something to do with it.
Jowitzkii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 01:08 PM   #20
S0crates

Drives: 2017 BRZ Limited PP
My car just came down with the same issue.

I bought a new 2017 Subaru BRZ PP in January 2018. The car is still completely stock and has had no issues until the CEL came on a few days ago. P219A and P119F. The BRZ has 8080 miles on it. I took it to the stealership yesterday and they said the same thing, they need to pull the engine and adjust the valves. They need the car for 2 weeks to do the work and can't start on the work for 2 weeks. They told me to take the car home and drive until then but I may have slightly worse fuel economy.

Fingers crossed this works out alright.
S0crates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to S0crates For This Useful Post:
humfrz (03-06-2019)