follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics

BRZ First-Gen (2012+) -- General Topics All discussions about the first-gen Subaru BRZ coupe

View Poll Results: What do you think of the 2015 Series Blue BRZ?
I like it, everything looks great. 214 40.07%
Meh, its just ok. 269 50.37%
Looks like rice; I hate it. 51 9.55%
Voters: 534. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

Old 06-02-2014, 11:02 PM   #225
acg2010

Drives: 4 wheels/engine/seats
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRZ_Lawyer View Post
Look at nissan and the Nismo Juke-R, even though it is available in an extremely limited quantity it sheds light on the manufactures insight as to the potential of the suv. Here Subaru leaves the BRZ - loyal fans in the dark.

Even if Subaru did with the BRZ what Nissan did with the Juke-R almost no one here could afford it. The Juke R is custom made and has a price of 660,000 bucks.

Better comparison might be that at least they upgraded the power in the Nismo Juke RS over the regular versions by about 20 horsepower and about the same torque. It's not much, but at least it's a step in the right direction. Then again, the original Nismo Juke (non-rs) was just styling and suspension upgrades…soo.
acg2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 11:42 PM   #226
italy7

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMonster View Post
It's really surprising, the stock that's out there... and in choice of colors.

It is to a degree, the car is a bit more than what people want to pay i think. DGM is the only color i haven't been able to see

With the incremental development of the BRZ, the older brz's aren't going to sell themselves. I would think the local dealers would heavily discount the existing stock, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

I agree which leads me to your below point but based on price/more leverage

I'm looking at the '15's just for the revised keyfob, carbon dash, and sharkfin antenna.
Waiting an extra few months til '15's since 14's may get the good discount or just grab a '15
italy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:07 AM   #227
GreenMonster
Just doing research

Drives: 03 Acura CLS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by italy7 View Post
Waiting an extra few months til '15's since 14's may get the good discount or just grab a '15
I'm going to do the same thing... I'm in no rush to buy now, so I can wait on a deal. Haven't decided on color, but it's down to WRB or CBS.

My local dealer (somerset), did discount the last 14 LMT they had. When they advertised it for 26.2K, it was gone in a week. That one was WRB.

Dealer near where I work (anchor) has 2 Black and 2 Silver 14's.
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:16 AM   #228
GreenMonster
Just doing research

Drives: 03 Acura CLS 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by italy7 View Post
It is to a degree, the car is a bit more than what people want to pay i think. DGM is the only color i haven't been able to see
I hadn't really thought about it till now, but DGM is the only color I haven't seen...
GreenMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:47 AM   #229
Michael Blue

Drives: 1998 Audi A4 Quattro Sport 30v
Huh, well I really wanted a '15, and a Series.Blue in particular, but if I can get a SWP on the cheap, I'd be sorely tempted. If anyone sees one (esp 6AT) please let me know.

Browncoat Society "Firefly"/"Serenity" Facebook Group

Project StormTrooper BRZ Ltd Coming Soon!
Michael Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 12:23 PM   #230
italy7

Drives: '14 WRB BRZ
Quote:
I'm going to do the same thing... I'm in no rush to buy now, so I can wait on a deal. Haven't decided on color, but it's down to WRB or CBS.

My local dealer (somerset), did discount the last 14 LMT they had. When they advertised it for 26.2K, it was gone in a week. That one was WRB.

Dealer near where I work (anchor) has 2 Black and 2 Silver 14's.
What would make you purchase now for a 14 limited. .26k? Just curious. .I saw that one at somerset online a while back hehe

I really like the wrb in person and found the swp too creamy.. those were a few of my top colors

Quote:
I hadn't really thought about it till now, but DGM is the only color I haven't seen...
Saw a new sti in dgm yest and it was glistening from the sun...really nice.. could be my new top depending on the new cwp...
italy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:48 PM   #231
mokinbird87
BOXER FR

Drives: WRB BRZ Limited
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayde View Post
Only thing I would want would be the wheels. Sure I could get them off japan parts, but if they're gonna be sold on cars in the US, I wonder if I'll be able to order them from the dealer providing they're cheaper and I don't have to pay the shipping from Japan.
this. I asked my local dealer for the front lip and they said it`s not in their catalog...

hopefully it`ll be added soon.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:53 PM   #232
blackhawkdown

Drives: 2012 WRX, 2003 RSX Type S
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
you guys can hop on the 2015 BRZ bandwagon, i'm getting ready for the 2016 bandwagon baby, due to circumstances.
blackhawkdown is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blackhawkdown For This Useful Post:
chaoskaze (06-15-2014)
Old 06-03-2014, 02:36 PM   #233
DoomsdayJesus
In Autobahn withdrawl

Drives: 2015 BRZ Limited Man., WRB
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Thank god, the car magazines are starting to substantially rebel.

http://www.roadandtrack.com/go/first-looks/2015-subaru-brz-series-blue

Quote:
Quit bullshitting us and put a turbo in the BRZ

Nobody likes a troll.

By Zach Bowman May 30, 2014 / Photos by Subaru

Listen, we all love the BRZ. It’s light, it’s cheap, it’s rear-wheel-drive. But we want more. We’ve wanted more since our very first lap with the car, and we haven’t been quiet about it. Instead, you gave us this: The Special Edition BRZ Series.Blue.

I’ll give you a pass on the name. If you want the world to think you don’t have a functional grasp on how a keyboard works while drawing parallels between your sports car and dandruff shampoo, that’s your call. But I can’t let the car slide.

You expect me to get excited about some painted wheels and a body kit? You think that’s worth my time? Worse, you think it’s worth your customers’ money? Quit trolling us and drop a turbo in the engine bay.
We like low-power sports cars as much as the next goon, but few companies do turbo flat-fours like you. The WRX and STI twins pack the kind of gut-punching power that would turn the BRZ from a shoulda-bought-the-Miata to a just-ripped-your-Mustang’s-face-off machine.

Why do you deny us? What’s the motivation? I’ve heard the excuses. The EJ257 engine doesn’t fit under the BRZ’s low hood. OK, but the new WRX’s turbo FA20 totally would. So maybe it would need a different exhaust manifold. So what? You have some of the world’s best engineers at your disposal. Figure it out.
We’re still waiting.
DoomsdayJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #234
Swift
I just Drive.

Drives: in the womb still
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ THE END.

PS- did you get rid of your shit orange peel paint jobs yet too?

/still waiting

-92' Acura Legend 5spd coupe twin turbo project
Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:34 PM   #235
DeeezNuuuts83

Drives: 2006 Evo IX SE
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
The writer of that article sounds like they're really young
DeeezNuuuts83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 07:30 PM   #236
krayzie
Drive From Home

Drives: BRZ STI Performance
Thanked 3,111 Times in 2,007 Posts
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I wonder if these same people also bitch about Mazda not dropping a Mazdaspeed 3 engine into a Miata.
krayzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:17 PM   #237
BRZ_Lawyer
Hardworking

Drives: 2013 Subaru Brz, 2013 C300 4Matic
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quentin View Post
The cost of developing a turbo version would be astronomical if they did limited release. That is a sure fire way to make it prohibitively expensive and/or piss away a lot of money in the process. The series blue is a cheap and easy way to help keep the model fresh until the actual refresh. They are taking things they already have available and are making a short, sweet, easy to manage run for this model year. I don't understand why so many people have such grandiose expectations.

In this business (I'm an automotive engineer, btw), every action needs to have a quantifiable justification. "Shedding light on the manufacturer's insight as to the potential" does not have a return on investment. IF a turbo version comes, it will not be limited quantities. It will be due to sales dropping off badly enough that the model needs an R&D injection to get sales back to a minimum level until the end of the model life and they can kill off the program or Subaru frees up a load of capacity to where they have some space on the lines to build them. Right now, they are maxed out in Japan as far as capacity goes. I think the same line of thinking is why the dont have a WRX hatch. Yeah, they could increase WRX sales if they offered a hatch, but if they don't have space to actually build them, it makes no sense to offer extra variations. The twins are likely just barely on the profitable side anyway.

I appreciate your words of wisdom. I am no automotive engineer, and as you stated the R&D would cost too much money, that may even make the car unaffordable. I guess your right.
However, subaru needs to include some type of flagship BRZ model, that boasts an increase in power to be sold in limited quantities. If they do not then their competition (hyundai genesis coupe, miata etc.) will take advantage of subaru's lack of action, and make a competing model with similar handling in addition to increase of power.

I do not want the same thing to happen to the BRZ/FR-S as what happened to mitsubishi starion/dodge conquest when the 240z took over the market
2013 C300 4Matic
Septa, NJtransit, MTA
BRZ_Lawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 12:04 AM   #238
86BRZ

Drives: BRZ Limited arrived on 9/1/2012
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
I am not sure I like the black side skirts to start with. Subaru for sure miss the time to market, now with cheap STI copy parts selling everywhere on eBay, if I had one installed, I may even take them down.
86BRZ is offline   Reply With Quote