follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Speed By Design
Register Garage Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > 1st Gens: Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 / Subaru BRZ > Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum

Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 GT86 General Forum The place to start for the Scion FR-S / Toyota 86 | GT86

User Tag List

Old 07-18-2013, 11:29 AM   #2619
jchall30

Drives: 2014 Whiteout Monogram FRS
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lets see some pics of the spoiler when you get it installed!!!
jchall30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:08 PM   #2620
Brently
Grey Wind

Drives: FR-S 10 Series #0065
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
So...ummm... (trying not to mash my keyboard here). Just got a call from my dealership. I have some news for my fellow Canadians:

You know how we don't get that nice upgraded touchscreen with the option of navigation like the USA market? You know how we had to upgrade to the subpar audio option that the regular FR-S gets?

Forget it. They have no more of the upgraded audio. The supplier stopped making them (months ago) and all current "stock" has been used up. So no more upgraded audio for ANY FR-S: including 10 series. That means my 10 Series will be coming with the... uh... rather unfortunate looking (not my cup of tea) stock audio.

Very unimpressed right now.

Was also told over the phone that the 2014 FR-S is getting a touch screen as standard audio, with a navigation upgrade as an available option. My dealer tried to pull strings and get one of these units ordered for my car and he was told "absolutely not."

I'm really quite irritated and not sure how I am feeling about the car in general at this point. It as been one disappointment after another. I feel like if I take the car at this point, it's going to have so much bad mojo associated with it that I won't even enjoy driving it.

Waiting on another call from the dealer tomorrow for an "aftermarket" audio option. Not sure if I will go this route... they always fit a little wonky and never look as slick as stock audio.

So, my grandma Reynolds was always saying 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.' I wish she was still alive, because I'd really like to ask her what she suggests for when life gives you Chlamydia.--Veronica Mars
Brently is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Brently For This Useful Post:
FiRStsc10n (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 05:11 PM   #2621
Obsidiank
10 Series Fanatic

Drives: Scion FR-S 10
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brently View Post

Waiting on another call from the dealer tomorrow for an "aftermarket" audio option. Not sure if I will go this route... they always fit a little wonky and never look as slick as stock audio.
I don't know about that one. I have seen some pretty slick looking head units that work perfectly fine. You know the scion HU are made by pioneer right? Almost all the touch screen pioneer units fit right in.
Obsidiank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #2622
Brently
Grey Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidiank View Post
I don't know about that one. I have seen some pretty slick looking head units that work perfectly fine. You know the scion HU are made by pioneer right? Almost all the touch screen pioneer units fit right in.
You have to understand though... we don't seem to have the multitude of audio options in Canada that you do in the USA. I do realize that the FR-S audio IS in fact, a pioneer system...I'm just leery of the fact that my sales rep told me that there would be spacers installed to make an aftermarket option fit. Yucky. I like my vehicles stock, and/or optioned from factory. That's just how I roll.

I do appreciate that glimmer of hope you just gave me though!

So, my grandma Reynolds was always saying 'when life gives you lemons, make lemonade.' I wish she was still alive, because I'd really like to ask her what she suggests for when life gives you Chlamydia.--Veronica Mars
Old 07-18-2013, 05:24 PM   #2623
Liquidsnake

Drives: "I drives like a Porsche"
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My next FR-S will be a Five Axis. With larger rims and tires.
Old 07-18-2013, 05:27 PM   #2624
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Drives: FR-S '10 Series'
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
So...ummm... (trying not to mash my keyboard here). Just got a call from my dealership. I have some news for my fellow Canadians:

You know how we don't get that nice upgraded touchscreen with the option of navigation like the USA market? You know how we had to upgrade to the subpar audio option that the regular FR-S gets?

Forget it. They have no more of the upgraded audio. The supplier stopped making them (months ago) and all current "stock" has been used up. So no more upgraded audio for ANY FR-S: including 10 series. That means my 10 Series will be coming with the... uh... rather unfortunate looking (not my cup of tea) stock audio.

Very unimpressed right now.

Was also told over the phone that the 2014 FR-S is getting a touch screen as standard audio, with a navigation upgrade as an available option. My dealer tried to pull strings and get one of these units ordered for my car and he was told "absolutely not."

I'm really quite irritated and not sure how I am feeling about the car in general at this point. It as been one disappointment after another. I feel like if I take the car at this point, it's going to have so much bad mojo associated with it that I won't even enjoy driving it.

You've got to be kidding me. @kALMIGHTY had this issue with a non 10 Series correct? I think they made him go look at aftermarket ones. @NiteRunner just went over border and got one from the States.
FiRStsc10n is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FiRStsc10n For This Useful Post:
kALMIGHTY (07-19-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 05:34 PM   #2625
Brently
Grey Wind

Currently on "hold" with Scion Canada. The "hold" music is "Kung Fu Fighting" lol. Scion has awakened my inner bitch. Before the end of today: SOMEBODY WILL CRY.

The Following User Says Thank You to Brently For This Useful Post:
FiRStsc10n (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 05:43 PM   #2626
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Quote:
Currently on "hold" with Scion Canada. The "hold" music is "Kung Fu Fighting" lol. Scion has awakened my inner bitch. Before the end of today: SOMEBODY WILL CRY.
I wouldn't go aftermarket. What happens if a speaker blows or something else malfunctions? Even though unit might be covered under aftermarket manufacturer's warranty, Scion probably would say no as not under vehicle warranty.

In the very least, as I await a call from my dealer about this, I will be asking for money off, or telling them to order me a US one, or if they do come standard for 2014, money off & order me a 2014 when they come out in September and i'll drive around with it for a month or two with stock unit.

Not getting the 6.1" like the US in first place was bullshit, now this, not acceptable.

On another note, Scion Canada Facebook posted that the shiftknob was not a feature because driving enthusiasts like the feel of the stock knob better. Real driving enthusiasts like on this forum, replace the stock knob for aftermarket all the time. Its all bullshit at Scion Canada.
The Following User Says Thank You to FiRStsc10n For This Useful Post:
Brently (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 05:46 PM   #2627
remorse87

Drives: FR-S
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Just got a call from my dealership they got an allocation on one. I asked for an Auto but they got a manual guess im learning to drive a manual! So for the ppl that got a call from there dealership saying they got an allocation for the car how long before it was delivered?
remorse87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 06:04 PM   #2628
Brently
Grey Wind

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiRStsc10n View Post
I wouldn't go aftermarket. What happens if a speaker blows or something else malfunctions? Even though unit might be covered under aftermarket manufacturer's warranty, Scion probably would say no as not under vehicle warranty.

In the very least, as I await a call from my dealer about this, I will be asking for money off, or telling them to order me a US one, or if they do come standard for 2014, money off & order me a 2014 when they come out in September and i'll drive around with it for a month or two with stock unit.

Not getting the 6.1" like the US in first place was bullshit, now this, not acceptable.

On another note, Scion Canada Facebook posted that the shiftknob was not a feature because driving enthusiasts like the feel of the stock knob better. Real driving enthusiasts like on this forum, replace the stock knob for aftermarket all the time. Its all bullshit at Scion Canada.
Regarding "aftermarket" I will be making it VERY clear and will have it IN WRITING by the dealership that due to a supply issue on the part of SCION Canada, my car could not be delivered as represented and that the substitution of a different head unit will be at the cost of the dealership and will not have an effect on any part of my warranty so help me GOD. (Or I walk-- I've done it before-- this isn't my first time at the rodeo).

Still hoping to not have to go aftermarket BUT... none of us are allowed to have the 2014MY audio. My dealership called corporate-- not happening. He can't order the part now ( to have it installed at a later date ) nor can he order it at a later date. I have no idea why. To piss me off? Perhaps.

Shift knob. LMFAO. Yeaaaahhhh... I really believe they had a bunch of ppl drive with the solar illuminated shifter and they got their market feedback on that. What a bunch of freeze dried bull shit. Considering they ADVERTISED IT for the Canadian market then made it disappear makes me doubt that answer VERY MUCH.

Old 07-18-2013, 07:48 PM   #2629
Pablitomarrero

Drives: FR-S 10 series
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374191282.231254.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  218.7 KBAnd there she is!!! Just got called from the dealer!! Woooooo!! Picking her up 2 morrow

First off the truck!
Pablitomarrero is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Pablitomarrero For This Useful Post:
ill86 (07-18-2013), Luis_GT (07-18-2013), PrDarkKnight (07-19-2013), supra2nv (07-18-2013), torqdork (07-18-2013)
Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #2630
FiRStsc10n
Canadian FR-S Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablitomarrero View Post
Attachment 44702And there she is!!! Just got called from the dealer!! Woooooo!! Picking her up 2 morrow

First off the truck!
Congrats, know you've been waiting for far to long. Enjoy!
Old 07-18-2013, 07:57 PM   #2631
Jertronic

Drives: FR-S 10 Series 120 of 2500
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Digital copy of FR-S 10-series owners manual: Is this available anywhere for download?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-18-2013, 08:12 PM   #2632
supra2nv

Drives: 10 Series TRD
Thanked 1,169 Times in 700 Posts
Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablitomarrero View Post
Attachment 44702And there she is!!! Just got called from the dealer!! Woooooo!! Picking her up 2 morrow

First off the truck!
nice bro

Wave Particle Duality
supra2nv is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2014, brz, fr-s, gt86