follow ft86club on our blog, twitter or facebook.
FT86CLUB
Ft86Club
Delicious Tuning
Register Garage Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Go Back   Toyota GR86, 86, FR-S and Subaru BRZ Forum & Owners Community - FT86CLUB > FT86CLUB Shared Forum > Regional Forums > CANADA

CANADA Canada

User Tag List

Old 03-23-2013, 11:51 AM   #15
stevstevd

Drives: Mazda6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Testing FRS Monday.

I think they have white and silver in store. Probably try out the brz soon after. I figure I am leaning towards FRS unless I can get a bra with better rates, or enough to narrow the price further. Looks wise I have no preference. Both look great to me.it might actually come down to color to be honest!

I wonder how much cheaper I could get a 2013 when 2014 come out?
stevstevd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 12:35 PM   #16
stevstevd

just test drove an auto white frs.

Car looks just as good, maybe even better, in person. Was small, just as expected, and no real surprises to be honest. The car felt stiffer? perhaps than I thought it might... IE, going over bumps on the highway, etc. Also, the dealer wasn't knowledgeable. There was an exclamation light on in the dash, he has no clue why. I was concerned, but eventually I guess it was a tire pressure issue. Tires looked fine to me, so not sure what was up with that.

Trade in value was underestimated. 3500-5500 book value, however they said 2500. Claimed my AC didn't work. Funny, it worked fine when I drove it home. Said the compressor wasn't on. Strange, it was on when I turned my car on.

Dealer also told me to buy another mazda 6 after I told him what they were offering on a trade. Like yeah, I wasn't expecting the same trade in, because mazda has more wiggle room to play with the numbers... So whether the number comes on the trade, or the vehicle price, doesn't matter... So no, I wasn't expecting a match. But I surely WASN'T expecting the dealer to tell me to buy a mazda. They really didn't feel me out properly or something - perhaps they just assumed I wanted a joy ride? I drove out of my way taking time off work just to test this vehicle, and they knew that. So they obviously should have treated me with a little more expectation I was a serious customer. I came in wanting an FRS, I left not wanting one. The trade in not being the reason. I can afford the vehicle with or without a trade.

I would at this point buy a BRZ if I choose to buy one of the twins.
Old 03-25-2013, 12:37 PM   #17
stevstevd

OH~! And they said they could knock off 10 cents per km on the price if I bought their tester. IE I would save 400$ buying a "used" car. Still needing to pay frieght, etc. Yikes... I laughed and asked if they really thought they would ever sell it at that discount... Who would?!
Old 03-25-2013, 11:38 PM   #18
ptmfr

Drives: WRB Premium
How bad are the winters in Halifax?

I might be moving them this summer for the next few years. I currently have a Mazda 3 and I wasn't sure if I needed to keep it as a winter beater. Could the BRZ get by on winter tires?

Edit: I'm from Toronto btw
ptmfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:56 AM   #19
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Drives: 2013 BRZ Sport-Tech
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
For those interested, If the weather is nice, im heading to point pleasant park friday evening. probably around 6 - 6:30
Deadspool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 08:59 AM   #20
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevstevd View Post
just test drove an auto white frs.

Car looks just as good, maybe even better, in person. Was small, just as expected, and no real surprises to be honest. The car felt stiffer? perhaps than I thought it might... IE, going over bumps on the highway, etc. Also, the dealer wasn't knowledgeable. There was an exclamation light on in the dash, he has no clue why. I was concerned, but eventually I guess it was a tire pressure issue. Tires looked fine to me, so not sure what was up with that.

Trade in value was underestimated. 3500-5500 book value, however they said 2500. Claimed my AC didn't work. Funny, it worked fine when I drove it home. Said the compressor wasn't on. Strange, it was on when I turned my car on.

Dealer also told me to buy another mazda 6 after I told him what they were offering on a trade. Like yeah, I wasn't expecting the same trade in, because mazda has more wiggle room to play with the numbers... So whether the number comes on the trade, or the vehicle price, doesn't matter... So no, I wasn't expecting a match. But I surely WASN'T expecting the dealer to tell me to buy a mazda. They really didn't feel me out properly or something - perhaps they just assumed I wanted a joy ride? I drove out of my way taking time off work just to test this vehicle, and they knew that. So they obviously should have treated me with a little more expectation I was a serious customer. I came in wanting an FRS, I left not wanting one. The trade in not being the reason. I can afford the vehicle with or without a trade.

I would at this point buy a BRZ if I choose to buy one of the twins.

That dealership is one of the reasons I bought my brz over the frs.

Go see Louis Mcarthy at steele on kempt. That guy knows how to take care of a customer properly.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:43 AM   #21
Thorpedo
The SquadWhisperer

Drives: '13 Ultramarine FR-S (STX)
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
I picked up an Ultramarine FR-S a few weeks ago. I'm usually around the Wolfville/New Minas area. I get a ton of attention with it, especially with the TRD exhaust. The only downfall is every kid a a civic or integra tries to race me.

Looove the car. I've owned an 87 supra for years, believe it or not I can tell the car is related! There are lots of little similarities even though they are 25 years apart.

*** About the dealerships, I was treated extremely well at O'Regan's, despite the fact that I am in my early 20s. Usually dealerships brush me off ESPECIALLY when they find out that I'm a student. I couldn't be happier about the service I received.
Thorpedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:53 AM   #22
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Nice, come down to the park friday!
Old 03-26-2013, 09:05 PM   #23
stevstevd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadspool View Post
That dealership is one of the reasons I bought my brz over the frs.

Go see Louis Mcarthy at steele on kempt. That guy knows how to take care of a customer properly.
Will be there soon. My 60k warranty on the escape is a few hundred km shy... Subaru is right next door so will be stopping stop in.
Old 03-26-2013, 09:35 PM   #24
Thorpedo
The SquadWhisperer

If the weather is nice there is a good chance I'll make it down. I'll post here prior to leaving if I decide to go.
Old 03-29-2013, 05:09 PM   #25
Calum
That Guy

Drives: 2013 asphalt FRS MT
Thanked 2,867 Times in 1,499 Posts
Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptmfr View Post
How bad are the winters in Halifax?

I might be moving them this summer for the next few years. I currently have a Mazda 3 and I wasn't sure if I needed to keep it as a winter beater. Could the BRZ get by on winter tires?

Edit: I'm from Toronto btw

I've seen a few twins running around the city this winter, but mine is in storage. I'd like to keep it for many years and the salt on the roads here just destroys cars. It's one of those things, you can't see it happening fast so a lot of people ignor it. As for driving on the snow, a decent set of winter tires and leaving the traction control should be enough.

That said, if the Mazda is in good shape I'd keep it. The BRZ doesn't have much room in it and a more practical car would be nice. It'd also come in handy when the BRZ is down for mods.
Calum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:52 PM   #26
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Sunday night, point pleasant park around 7pm.

I'll be down there with my wrb brz, and a friend with his blacked out brz.

Come represent!
Old 03-29-2013, 07:53 PM   #27
Deadspool
Much title. Wow.

Also, cruised with a wrb brz today for a min in lower sackville, who?
Old 03-30-2013, 03:19 PM   #28
Thorpedo
The SquadWhisperer

Sorry I bailed on you, I'll definitely be up for events this summer. This time of year is just tricky because I'm in school and SWAMPED with work. Once April 23rd comes along I'm Freeeee.. Sunday might work, I'll see what I can do.

You guys should DEFINITELY do high performance driving school. I'll also be attending a lot of regional autocross events as well. It's the most fun you can have with your pants on.

Here is a forum i frequent. I am "Devon Thorpe".

http://armsinc.ca/forum/viewforum.php?f=2